Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
vtcruising

What's For Breakfast On Celebrity? Share Your Favorites and Breakfast Secrets

Recommended Posts

My favourite is always poached eggs (from the egg station), a toasted english muffin and then a selection of cheeses / meats! Always fun to do "pimped" mcmuffins at the buffet :) 

 

Apple sausage and mozzerella is one of my faves !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first sailing on Celebrity, thank you for all the great suggestions. Has anyone had the corned beef hash in the MDR? How was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

This will be my first sailing on Celebrity, thank you for all the great suggestions. Has anyone had the corned beef hash in the MDR? How was it?

We have had it - not the best I've had, but was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruisenouvelle said:

I love the muesli...chopped apples,grapes,bananas mixed in. It is soooo good!

I order it the night before in Blu so it can be prepared lactose free. I also ask for nuts and brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I order it the night before in Blu so it can be prepared lactose free. I also ask for nuts and brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum.

Do you ever use Lactaid tablets?  Do they work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Do you ever use Lactaid tablets?  Do they work?

Thanks. They do work and yes I carry them with me everywhere! I order the muesli the night before prepared with a lactose free substitute because it's just one less dose of the Lactaid tabs...and the ships have sooooo many yummy temptations that contain lactose that I love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like eggs benny, but I can't eat runny yolks( they give me indigestion).  On our last cruise in AQ, I asked for scrambled eggs and they gladly complied.  I also only wanted half!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 7:51 PM, TeaBag said:

French Toast, crisp bacon and fresh berries in Blu.

Sadly, on our last cruise.  The French Toast was served undercooked inside and they ran out of berries a few days before the cruise end.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, UFMOM said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who brings real maple syrup for the waffles and yes I agree they have to be fresh. Another breakfast favorite is the bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon with lots of capers. But whatever I have for breakfast, it is always with a mimosa in hand. Also have noticed the slowly disappearing almond paste from the almond croissants and the same is true for the chocolate ones. Like many of Celebrity’s chocolate concoctions, I wish they were more chocolaty.

 

Mary Ann

I started a thread a few months back called " creature comforts" and I received so much backlash for bringing my own maple syrup.  I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 10:43 AM, UFMOM said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who brings real maple syrup for the waffles and yes I agree they have to be fresh.   Mary Ann

 

5 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I started a thread a few months back called " creature comforts" and I received so much backlash for bringing my own maple syrup.  I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

 

Add me to the list that brings real maple syrup.  👍 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I started a thread a few months back called " creature comforts" and I received so much backlash for bringing my own maple syrup.  I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

I brought about 12 small bottles of maple syrup to give out to people who showed their cabins on the Roll Call Cabin Crawl that I had organized in January on the Edge (and a bigger bottle for us). I put them in my carry-on when we boarded. I got pulled out of the Security line and had my bag searched - the Security guy thought they were little airline bottles of booze and started laughing when he saw all that maple syrup. Just a crazy Vermonter! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calicakes said:

I started a thread a few months back called " creature comforts" and I received so much backlash for bringing my own maple syrup.  I'm glad I'm not the only one

 

Me three! The fake stuff is so appalling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I brought about 12 small bottles of maple syrup to give out to people who showed their cabins on the Roll Call Cabin Crawl that I had organized in January on the Edge (and a bigger bottle for us). I put them in my carry-on when we boarded. I got pulled out of the Security line and had my bag searched - the Security guy thought they were little airline bottles of booze and started laughing when he saw all that maple syrup. Just a crazy Vermonter! 🙂

And may I add it was delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was...received some in my Vtcruises birthday goody bag!  Quite a treat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I brought about 12 small bottles of maple syrup to give out to people who showed their cabins on the Roll Call Cabin Crawl that I had organized in January on the Edge (and a bigger bottle for us). I put them in my carry-on when we boarded. I got pulled out of the Security line and had my bag searched - the Security guy thought they were little airline bottles of booze and started laughing when he saw all that maple syrup. Just a crazy Vermonter! 🙂

Very thoughtful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...