Kosher Windjammer/Solarium section?

We are booked on a cruise and friends are thinking of joining. They keep kosher and not thrilled with tv dinner style options....  I read somewhere that Oasis has a kosher (or kosher style) section in windjammer and solarium bistro (open to all not just kosher groups etc as we are not booking a kosher group cruise or sailing).  Can anyone who sailed recently confirm? 

Also - for future reference - is this available on other ships? Is this something that is only available on certain dates (Jewish holidays etc.) or class of ship?

Any info appreciated.

We sailed Oasis last January and have no memory of what you're talking about.  My husband would have wanted that as we keep kosher at home and doesn't eat meat out.  Eats fish and vegetarian when we travel.  What you're talking about sounds like would be a kosher group sailing. 

I'm pretty sure you can ask for kosher meals. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/can-we-offer-kosher-meals

That said, I don't recall seeing a kosher style section in the Windjammer. If anything, you can just pick and choose what interests you. That said, for example, there's no guarantees at all that hummus wouldn't have touched something not kosher.

Somewhere on CC is another longer thread about this. There is no Kosher buffet in the Windjammer or Solarium except on the rare occasion when there is a kosher group sailing. Usually during Yeshiva week one ship is chosen by some group and then the solarium or part of the Windjammer will be Kosher. I stumbled upon this once on an Anthem cruise during Yeshiva week. 

Thanks everyone, I figured it was some special sailing and not something that is always available but the people that mentioned it didn't say anything about it. I think it was a September week. Probably another holiday sailing.

I guess there's always pasta, veggies and fish 😐

39 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Thanks everyone, I figured it was some special sailing and not something that is always available but the people that mentioned it didn't say anything about it. I think it was a September week. Probably another holiday sailing.

I guess there's always pasta, veggies and fish 😐

If you want to find out what cruises will have kosher food available that's not the pre-made meal trays, check out kosherica.com

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you want to find out what cruises will have kosher food available that's not the pre-made meal trays, check out kosherica.com

Do you mean that kosher food is generally available on sailings where kosherica has a group sailing to all passengers or just for the kosherica guests?

Their prices are pretty outrageous IMHO and I understand they have a whole logistics expense etc. but my friends aren't looking for all the activities offered by kosherica just some decent fresh kosher options that are not TV dinners and that they won't have to plan a day ahead for... 

Edited by seasidemama

8 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Do you mean that kosher food is generally available on sailings where kosherica has a group sailing to all passengers or just for the kosherica guests?

We were on Harmony last Jan  and it was a Yeshiva week cruise.  The Solarium Bistro  or another buffet up near the pools was shown in the Compass to have Kosher food at lunch.  I can't remember which one it was as we didn't participate.   It was open to all who wanted the Kosher food, not just those booked through Kosherica.com.

I don't know what the group had arranged for dinners as it wasn't posted in the Compass.  This school year the Yeshiva week is going to be on Allure. 

Edited by katiel53

Actually I do remember a  small “kosher corner” in the WJ but I’m having a hard time recalling the ship. I was in the last year or two.   I was surprised to see it.   I can picture where it was located. It wasn’t far from the entrance if you turned left as you entered.  I don’t  recall is if there was any special group on board, but  if so, it was a small group as we didn’t notice any closed venues or lots of kids as often reported. 

I’ll look through photos to see if I snapped a shot.  

m

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Actually I do remember a  small “kosher corner” in the WJ but I’m having a hard time recalling the ship. I was in the last year or two.   I was surprised to see it.   I can picture where it was located. It wasn’t far from the entrance if you turned left as you entered.  I don’t  recall is if there was any special group on board, but  if so, it was a small group as we didn’t notice any closed venues or lots of kids as often reported. 

I’ll look through photos to see if I snapped a shot.  

m

appreciate it!