Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

47 minutes ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

Hope  the two storms pass and the seas behave soon and Sue  feels better.  

Over twenty cruises I still get sea sick - Green  apples help!

Maybe Green gummy bears?

I don't know if they'd have it in any of the ship stores, but a product called Queze-Ease really helps, doesn't make you sleepy or interfere with alcohol as it's a combination of essential oils that you sniff.     I can't imagine why Amazon hasn't figured out how to deliver in the mid-Atlantic.  🤔

Sea Bands and ginger chews. Also the green apples. If all else fails. Bonine generic which should be available free in from the med center or GS. It’s non drowsy and you can drink. 

Mary Ann 

That truly is the only downfall to the Haven, being that high and towards the front of the ship, you can feel motion more in rough seas.  Hope Sue feels better soon.  Did anyone ask at the meet and greet why the chandelier was such a hot mess?

• Like 1

42FB399C-2496-4794-A466-23D3A479A26D.thumb.jpeg.095d4ebba2089353f700d32f3e0bb3c8.jpeg

Our slot pull had 152 participants and was operated using the same ticket-based system I devised for the Bliss crossing.  All prizes were awarded and participants cashed-out 65 minutes from the posted start time.  

$20 Buy-in

1st place received $462

2nd place received $271

8 random players received a bottle of wine, and a 9th random player received the 3rd place prize of $181

All players received $10 back.

B8EAEA24-28F1-4736-808D-24086E95432A.thumb.jpeg.fe852e2db1fd53a8975b790d09b57a97.jpeg

FA1BC707-C012-4421-8789-354871F5FE3B.thumb.jpeg.08f2f8fc02ccb6c27d4d24af65e9eb02.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Do they still have the Germany Girl Beer 🍻 Slot Machine?  Was it Heidi?  I look for her on RC and I have yet to find her. 

We’re doing a $100 buy-in “High-Stakes-Heidi” at 11 PM after Oktoberfest.  This event will be capped, if necessary, at 75 players.

8EAC23CC-4BF6-4034-B432-E5B9740507CD.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

Over twenty cruises I still get sea sick - Green  apples help!

We asked & received sliced green apples at breakfast!  Sue later claimed that the gummy bears had an immediate & positive impact.

She seems to be feeling better, as there’s now a discussion about dinner plans.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

We’re doing a $100 buy-in “High-Stakes-Heidi” at 11 PM after Oktoberfest.  This event will be capped, if necessary, at 75 players.

8EAC23CC-4BF6-4034-B432-E5B9740507CD.jpeg

I always delete photos but I can’t delete Heidi.

I’d be so in on this. Can I wire you funds to spin just for me?  Live video/periscope is a must. If not please provide video later, for the 🥰

Let Sue know that I/we are happy to hear that she is rounding the bend to better health. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the marine weather charts I think you will have some fairly lumpy seas through to Monday night when the swell should start to reduce. It would have been the same on the southern route as there is an area of turbulence covering the Atlantic at the moment that you would have to pass through on either route.

• Like 1

We went in search of shrimp crisps, but the Garden Cafe was completely shutdown in preparation for dinner.  They were redirecting everyone to the Observation lounge, where we enjoyed a plate of potato chips while surrounded by bare feet on couches.  

We just grabbed an Ocean Blue reservation for 60 minutes from now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, PortFees45 said:

I think in these reviews there should be a disclaimer where people state they're not being compensated by NCL. 

They do keep dumping yummy treats off in our stateroom, but I assume that’s just because I aggressively bid to be in the Haven.

E7536010-4899-48FC-8774-994698881D49.thumb.jpeg.f9efb7da61e43ad8d1248bc5a5c3560f.jpeg

In regards to running a roll call, there are plenty of people that do this for ulterior motives.  That’s not me.  I’ve probably spent more money on the Bliss & Encore inaugural transatlantic roll calls than what my original M8 stateroom cost.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ohiocruisemom said:

Thank you so much for the review!  We are on the Dec 1st sailing in Haven.  Are Branco and Victoria in the Haven Bar? They were on our September Escape cruise and indicated they would move over to Encore. 

If I ever get over there I’ll let you know.  I’m more a “drop down to 8” kind of guy.

12 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

They do keep dumping yummy treats off in our stateroom, but I assume that’s just because I aggressively bid to be in the Haven.

E7536010-4899-48FC-8774-994698881D49.thumb.jpeg.f9efb7da61e43ad8d1248bc5a5c3560f.jpeg

In regards to running a roll call, there are plenty of people that do this for ulterior motives.  That’s not me.  I’ve probably spent more money on the Bliss & Encore inaugural transatlantic roll calls than what my original M8 stateroom cost.  

Personally, I think they SHOULD be compensating you for what you do. The only reason I ever decided to try NCL was your review of the Bliss inaugural and Sid's review of a subsequent sailing. I loved both reviews so much that I booked an inside room on Bliss and then won a bid to upgrade to a balcony. One year later I bought into Haven outright and planning on doing the same next time!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

We all know you're two hi tech robots, manufactured by NCL and the CIA and paid for through the DSC and uncollected confiscated booze. Let's use the word drone reviewers, the latest in tech industry. Way ahead of the Thunderbird puppets, barely any wires visible..

Here's a snapshot of them in the bathroom from one of my NCL sources:

Screenshot (5).png

• Like 6
  • Haha 12