Walk off Tours available at Dockyard?

Duck Down

When getting off the cruise ship at the dockyard, are there vendors there selling tours? This is our first time in Bermuda and are looking for a tour of the island for a few hours. Any idea what the rates are for a typical overview tour?

Any suggestions 

We are not looking to book in advance.

Thanks

Not typically, but a blue flag taxi can do tours. The rates are regulated, but I believe there is a minimum number of hours.

You might want to search this forum. While I understand not wanting to book in advance, the blue flag drivers can be booked before you get there. Only blue flag drivers can do tours.

2 hours ago, Duck Down said:

When getting off the cruise ship at the dockyard, are there veBlue Fndors there selling tours? This is our first time in Bermuda and are looking for a tour of the island for a few hours. Any idea what the rates are for a typical overview tour?

Any suggestions 

We are not looking to book in advance.

Thanks

You can probably find a Blue Flag taxi driver when you walk off. Those are taxi drivers who have had to pass a course to be certified to give tours. A lot of drivers have the training. So ask for one of those drivers. Often there is a dispatcher there who can help. Drivers who are not Blue Flag will likely point you to one if they are not themselves. The Blue Flag drivers have an ID card. I believe if you are persistent you will find one of the Blue Flag drivers. The rate is regulated. For one to four passengers the rate is $50 an hour, five to seven passengers the rate is $70 an hour. There is a three hour minimum. I actually walked off a ship and did a taxi tour myself a number of years ago so it is possible. 

There are also minibuses that do Island Tours. I believe they charge $69 per person. With those you would be sharing, not a private tour like with a taxi. Look for the sign that says Island Tours. 

Edited by Charles4515