Bermuda and port credit question

trex-de

2 hours ago, trex-de said:

Hi,

we have the $50 per port perk. We arrive on a Friday @3:00 pm, overnight stay and depart at 3:00 pm Saturday from Bermuda. Would this be a $50 shore credit for one port or $100 for two days in a port?

thanks

Historically the promo's T&Cs specifically mentioned Bermuda and you would receive $50 each day.....  not combinable into $100 on one excursion and if you didn't use the $50 one day you would lose it

However, the new T&Cs do not specifically mention Bermuda so you're asking a great question. 

I would contact the Excursion Desk for direction

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

2 hours ago, trex-de said:

Hi,

we have the $50 per port perk. We arrive on a Friday @3:00 pm, overnight stay and depart at 3:00 pm Saturday from Bermuda. Would this be a $50 shore credit for one port or $100 for two days in a port?

thanks

It is $50 per the current terms and conditions. There used to be an exception for Bermuda with 3 days in port, but that has gone away. 

Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.”

7 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Historically the promo's T&Cs specifically mentioned Bermuda and you would receive $50 each day.....  not combinable into $100 on one excursion and if you didn't use the $50 one day you would lose it

However, the new T&Cs do not specifically mention Bermuda so you're asking a great question. 

I would contact the Excursion Desk for direction

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is $50 per the current terms and conditions. There used to be an exception for Bermuda with 3 days in port, but that has gone away. 

Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.”

I noticed that change in the language of the T&Cs a while ago.

I have to say, I think this sentence is terribly vague:  “Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.”   If overnight stays are counted as "individual ports/days," this could be read to mean each day is counted as an individual port, that is, one overnight is two individual ports.  NCL could have said "Overnight stays are counted as one single port" if it meant $50 period, no matter how many days in that one port.  (I hate writing that is not clear.)

I agree with the suggestion to call the NCL Shorex Dept and get a definitive answer.

But I also agree that there is absolutely no reason to take a shore excursion in Bermuda, it's totally do-able on one's own. 

Edited by Turtles06

When we were on the POA with 2 overnights, we received only $50 once when we were in Maui and Kauai. So regardless of the number of days, it's $50 per port total. 

So essentially, the port excursion credit is a joke on a Bermuda cruise when there are other options with a better value.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

When we were on the POA with 2 overnights, we received only $50 once when we were in Maui and Kauai. So regardless of the number of days, it's $50 per port total. 

How long ago was that? Do you by any chance have the T&Cs applicable at the time?

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

So essentially, the port excursion credit is a joke on a Bermuda cruise when there are other options with a better value.

A long with Bermuda, Hawaii is certainly a place you can see on your own with no need for a cruise excursion. We rented a car in every port on our POA cruise and had the most amazing week.

You can't rent a regular car in Bermuda but you can rent a bike or scooter. They also rent little clown car 2 seat electric vehicles only wide enough for one person (passenger sits in back) but signs we saw stated these had to be reserved a week in advance.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:49 AM, BirdTravels said:

That new T&C language is anything but clear. I could read it either way.