Help with Visa's

My wife and I are on  the Marella Discovery Journey to Arabia 1 in April 2020. We are flying into Cochin, India and have a few port stop in India during the first few days. At the end of the cruise we travel to Khasab, Omam and then Port Sultan where we travel to the airport to return to the U K. 

Can anyone help me as to what visa's we require. Best way to apply and when we need to apply for the visa's we require. 

Many thanks

Ralph 

The visa requirements section on Gov.uk is pretty good and commercially unbiased. I understand India and Oman operate e-Visa schemes which you can get online.  When looking at visa websites ensure you are on the genuine websites as there are many commercial websites who offer help and charge fees far in excess of the official fee.  

Edited by bishop84
spelling

TripAdvisor India forum has a sticky with a link to the official India website and tips on how to apply and what answers to give to questions.  Have you looked at the Asia forum on this website?  Good tips on there too

• 1 month later...

Don't use the visa agencies recommended by the cruise lines; they charge a fortune in admin fees. Go to the official government sites which are much cheaper and only marginally more hassle (although India does like its bureaucracy!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are on this cruise too. As far as I am aware we need to apply for 30 day validity evisas for India, Bahrain and Oman but as the validity starts from issue date its too soon to apply yet. For the UAE ports the visas are issued on arrival.

Following the recent troubles in that area ( Strait of Hormuz) we are half expecting the cruise could be cancelled or drastically changed. P&O Cruises (sailing with british flags) cancelled all their cruise itineraries for this area at the back end of last year

We have booked on this cruise for 2021, so far too early for us to get visas...although I am now panicking already as the Indian visas seem to be a nightmare, as well as having conflicting information as to whether you need a full tourist visa or e=visa hence following this post with considerable interest.

1 hour ago, Mugret said:

We have booked on this cruise for 2021, so far too early for us to get visas...although I am now panicking already as the Indian visas seem to be a nightmare, as well as having conflicting information as to whether you need a full tourist visa or e=visa hence following this post with considerable interest.

You might find the website below helpful, and I also had useful replies to email queries with the appropriate Indian government departments.

Hope this helps.

https://theworldtravelguy.com/how-to-get-an-india-tourist-visa-complete-evisa-guide/

On 11/3/2019 at 7:19 PM, Majors0620 said:

My wife and I are on  the Marella Discovery Journey to Arabia 1 in April 2020. We are flying into Cochin, India and have a few port stop in India during the first few days. At the end of the cruise we travel to Khasab, Omam and then Port Sultan where we travel to the airport to return to the U K. 

Can anyone help me as to what visa's we require. Best way to apply and when we need to apply for the visa's we require. 

Many thanks

Ralph 

Hi Ralph, I understand you need the 30 day  E visa for India. My wife I were on the Discovery just before Christmas on the Colours of the Far East itinerary. We met a large number of passengers who were turned away from the airport for not having an Indian visa. Tui had them running around to get their visa's, most missing their flights and having to fly out the next day. Some people had purchased a year long visa that cost them a fortune. I understand that the 30 day visa is very reasonable. 

Terry