Bean Counters vs Diamonds

seeyakids

Just back from Harmony. Found out from very reliable source that all RCL cruises after 11/1/19 will have no overflow areas for the Diamond clubs. I was told that management is forcing diamonds to use their 3 drink vouchers elsewhere. Now diamonds know how quickly the Oasis class (as well as other ships) diamond clubs fill up. So, once that happens, do they allow people in as others leave? The next day my source emailed his concerns to Miami and he did say the new rule might be adjusted if the number of diamonds and above reaches a certain level on a cruise....but no guarantee.  This is another example of the loyalty perks being slowly stripped over the almighty profit line.

On a funnier note, my source says he is now on the lookout for a bullet-proof vest.

1 minute ago, seeyakids said:

This is another example of the loyalty perks being slowly stripped over the almighty profit line.

On a funnier note, my source says he is now on the lookout for a bullet-proof vest.

dont see any perk being stripped. if you are so dead set on being in the DL get there early 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, seeyakids said:

Found out from very reliable source that all RCL cruises after 11/1/19 will have no overflow areas for the Diamond clubs.

What someone on the ship tells you, what Miami says and what happens on other ships could be 3 different things. To have or not have overflow seems to already be in flux, without an edict from Miami.

• Like 2

This is from the "Book of Face Group"  from people who are currently on the Presidents Cruise.  "To better serve our members?"

Molly - “In 2020, we will look at the Crown & Anchor program for possible changes to better serve our members.”

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

This is from the "Book of Face Group"  from people who are currently on the Presidents Cruise.  "To better serve our members?"

Molly - “In 2020, we will look at the Crown & Anchor program for possible changes to better serve our members.”

could they be more vague?

• Like 1

Ok so I just made Diamond last week on my cruise. I am a perfect example of the problem with the current structure. My DW and I took one cruise in 2001 and then started to cruise again in 2016. In basically three years we became diamond. There are just too many of us for what the ships can handle for a lounge. Plain and simple. As far as I am concerned take away the lounge for those Diamond and leave them for the D+'s but keep the three free drinks on our cards and like I have heard from another post give us one free coffee drink at Latitudes or Starbucks. . No skin off of my back.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm turning diamond on my next cruise, in less than 2 weeks. 

Got the drink package before and will get the drink package after. 

More or less looking foward to a quiet place early am to enjoy a coffee. And the noshes. 

If rccl was really concerned about the amount one drank in diamond lounge they would scan cards and hold to the three free rule. 

I mean really with how many cruises you do have to take and money spent just to get to that point. Do really think they are loosing money

26 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Ok so I just made Diamond last week on my cruise. I am a perfect example of the problem with the current structure. My DW and I took one cruise in 2001 and then started to cruise again in 2016. In basically three years we became diamond. There are just too many of us for what the ships can handle for a lounge. Plain and simple. As far as I am concerned take away the lounge for those Diamond and leave them for the D+'s but keep the three free drinks on our cards and like I have heard from another post give us one free coffee drink at Latitudes or Starbucks. . No skin off of my back.

Mostly agree.

While 3 is probably plenty, I'd even bump that up and say unlimited drinks on the card during the happy hours.

Of course, the down side to this plan is now all the other bars will be more crowded with Diamond refugees.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Mostly agree.

While 3 is probably plenty, I'd even bump that up and say unlimited drinks on the card during the happy hours.

Of course, the down side to this plan is now all the other bars will be more crowded with Diamonds refugees.

yes but theoretically there should be enough bars open.

• Like 1