Water - Carry on

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Not trying to cheat. Trying to find out what happens. 

I have been trying to check faqs on the website to be sure that it’s 12 bottles per cabin. That’s not even one per day per person. 

I can’t find anything using my iPhone. 

I thought it was per person like wine. 

I was just wondering how in the world they would know if each person took 12 bottles of water. 

I would not try to take 2 bottles of wine each. 

If you cheat on the water why not the wine?

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Not trying to cheat. Trying to find out what happens. 

I have been trying to check faqs on the website to be sure that it’s 12 bottles per cabin. That’s not even one per day per person. 

I can’t find anything using my iPhone. 

I thought it was per person like wine. 

I was just wondering how in the world they would know if each person took 12 bottles of water. 

I would not try to take 2 bottles of wine each. 

Hi Jags fan, I'm from Jax too! people are pretty critical on this board. Maybe they don't realize that you might be (at least I AM) brand spanking NEW to the boards and trying to figure out how to use them in addition to just wanting to know how things work in regards to (in this case), the water policy. I have a medical issue and would like to bring my alkaline water on board, but the bottles are 33.8 ounces each. If i try to transfer them to a 17 oz bottle, they will have been previously opened and I'm sure the officials will think i am trying to smuggle vodka...lol. I have cruised a LOT in my past, just not with RCL and never wanting to bring water on board until now. SO, your questions are not far fetched and people jumping to tell you that you are trying to cheat and/ or cutting you off aren't realizing you might be new to this whole thing....but that's life. Which cruise are you going on...or did I miss that in the feed too...? GO JAGS!

1 hour ago, bic1113 said:

Hi Jags fan, I'm from Jax too! people are pretty critical on this board. Maybe they don't realize that you might be (at least I AM) brand spanking NEW to the boards and trying to figure out how to use them in addition to just wanting to know how things work in regards to (in this case), the water policy. I have a medical issue and would like to bring my alkaline water on board, but the bottles are 33.8 ounces each. If i try to transfer them to a 17 oz bottle, they will have been previously opened and I'm sure the officials will think i am trying to smuggle vodka...lol. I have cruised a LOT in my past, just not with RCL and never wanting to bring water on board until now. SO, your questions are not far fetched and people jumping to tell you that you are trying to cheat and/ or cutting you off aren't realizing you might be new to this whole thing....but that's life. Which cruise are you going on...or did I miss that in the feed too...? GO JAGS!

I’ve been posting on Cruise Critic for 19 years, so I’m pretty impervious to criticism. 

Most posters who criticize have either not read the original post, didn’t comprehend what they read, or the OP wasn’t clear. 

As far as the poster who mentioned cheating, Bob has seen it all and was uttering a word of caution. 

If you get flamed at some point, just move on. 

You will learn a lot about cruising and about the individual cruise lines. 

If you join your roll call, and it’s an active one, you can put private excursions together, get involved in private shipboard activities, and have your whole cruise enhanced. 

Back to the bottled water I was hoping that the 12 bottles were per person and got nowhere looking on the website with my iPhone. It still doesn’t make a lot of sense because it is virtually unenforceable. One helpful person posted the link, so I’ve seen it in black and white. 

Royal’s charge for 12 bottles is too much for me. Not the actual cost, but the idea of overpaying like that. 

For your alkaline water, I would contact special needs and tell them why you need it. They might be able to help. 

Is distilled water alkaline? That they can easily provide at no cost to you. 

Lastly, London was crushing, poor Minchew!

i hope Foles comes back strong and our ship gets righted again. And I really hope Minshew stays with us and is our Superhero of the future!

Mimi

Go Jags !!!

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve been posting on Cruise Critic for 19 years, so I’m pretty impervious to criticism. 

Most posters who criticize have either not read the original post, didn’t comprehend what they read, or the OP wasn’t clear. 

As far as the poster who mentioned cheating, Bob has seen it all and was uttering a word of caution. 

If you get flamed at some point, just move on. 

You will learn a lot about cruising and about the individual cruise lines. 

If you join your roll call, and it’s an active one, you can put private excursions together, get involved in private shipboard activities, and have your whole cruise enhanced. 

Back to the bottled water I was hoping that the 12 bottles were per person and got nowhere looking on the website with my iPhone. It still doesn’t make a lot of sense because it is virtually unenforceable. One helpful person posted the link, so I’ve seen it in black and white. 

Royal’s charge for 12 bottles is too much for me. Not the actual cost, but the idea of overpaying like that. 

For your alkaline water, I would contact special needs and tell them why you need it. They might be able to help. 

Is distilled water alkaline? That they can easily provide at no cost to you. 

Lastly, London was crushing, poor Minchew!

i hope Foles comes back strong and our ship gets righted again. And I really hope Minshew stays with us and is our Superhero of the future!

Mimi

Go Jags !!!

Edited by bic1113

Thank you for all your suggestions. I will reach out to special-needs. And I agree with you, I hope Minchew stays with the team. He was one of very few quarterbacks in recent years that has been able to get the fans behind him and the whole mustache hair headband thing was a lot of fun. Nick Foles pales in comparison, personality wise but I hope he plays as well as his salary suggests. Should be interesting to watch. Enjoy your cruise. Thanks again.

7 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I guess that if you cheat they will change there policy eg , how did they know that pac's were only buying one drink package and sharing .

there is more profit in bottle water .

IF you are taking it on you are not buying it and that is lost $$$ for RCL

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

:classic_rolleyes:

There is link above

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks. That is what I was trying to find on my iPhone. It kept saying too many redirects!!

We’ll just have to make do with 12 bottles. 

It’s shame RCI charges such a ridiculous price. 

I do order my water in Princess....higher than at home but reasonable. 

At one time you could pre-order a case of water on RCI, for cheaper than their onboard price.  If you want to do that as well, you could call and see if it’s offered on your sailing?

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

At one time you could pre-order a case of water on RCI, for cheaper than their onboard price.  If you want to do that as well, you could call and see if it’s offered on your sailing?

Preordering is available in the Cruise Planner. 

I won’t pay what RCI charges. 

I don't mind carrying it on.

I was trying to find out if it’s true that it’s 12 bottles per cabin, not per person.  

Why can't I understand this?  If you really want the water, and recently RCCL changed the rules to allow it, and they have certain restrictions to size, than why wouldn't you just follow it?  If you don't follow it, than you risk not having any water on board.  So why bother with the risk?  I want the water, so I bring the size that is asked.  So someone gets away with 750ml bottle, (over 17oz) and tells everyone no problem, and than next week, someone tries it, and they say goodbye to the bottles.  Than they get mad at RCCL for enforcing a posted rule.  Then they say some person under the "alias" name of "coolcruiser2000" said it was ok.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I just checked their website, and I see you can pre-order 12 and 24 packs of Evian, “with savings up to 25% off the onboard price”

15 hours ago, bic1113 said:

It is for medical reasons, contact Special Needs before the cruise and bring their email OK with you for check in.

Medical needs are always OK.

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

True. I think of it a one per person but only the first two get to bring one. 

I never think about solos getting to bring two. 

Or if there are 4 people, 2 adults and 2 children, if you book one adult and one child in each cabin, you can legally bring on 4 bottles of wine.

But it is per cabin.

• Like 1

Several people have asserted that twelve 17oz bottles of water and two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin may be brought in board in you carry on bags. However, the FAQ answer link provided by Hogbay (thank you!) does not stipulate that wine has to be in your carry on bags but the water does. I know this thread is about water but since it is related...can wine be packed in your checked luggage?

20 minutes ago, JeromeSC said:

Several people have asserted that twelve 17oz bottles of water and two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin may be brought in board in you carry on bags. However, the FAQ answer link provided by Hogbay (thank you!) does not stipulate that wine has to be in your carry on bags but the water does. I know this thread is about water but since it is related...can wine be packed in your checked luggage?

Yes, but if you do, there are two risks:

1. Broken bottle

2. The x ray machine will see your bottles as ………………. bottles.  Security people will not know what is in those bottles.  They will hold your suitcase, and when it doesn't arrive in your cabin, you will have to go down to the "naughty room" on either Deck 1 or 2, depending on your ship, open your suitcase, show the security people that it's wine, and then drag your suitcase up to your cabin yourself.

Thanks Merion_Mom. Heaven protect me from the "naughty room"! I did see in their answer to the question "Am I allowed to bring alcohol on board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship? " that they made it clear that wine should be brought on board in your carry on luggage. I don't mind following the rules as long as they are as clear and consistent as possible.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:47 AM, jagsfan said:

Preordering is available in the Cruise Planner. 

I won’t pay what RCI charges. 

I don't mind carrying it on.

I was trying to find out if it’s true that it’s 12 bottles per cabin, not per person.  

It is 12 bottles of non alcoholic bottles that are less than 500ml or less per cabin.  If they found that you brought more than 12 bottles of  non-alcoholic bottles they "could" confiscate the overage until the end of the cruise.

For non-medical reasons if you bring bottles of non alcoholic beverages. greater than 500ml in size they may confiscate  at will.  Doesn't matter if the total volume is less than 500ml x 12, as long as a bottle is greater than 500ml then it may be confiscated. 

This is no different than bringing  one 1.5 liter bottle of wine vs 2 750ml bottle of wines.  The 1.5 liter bottle is subject to the possibility of being in confiscated.  While the 2 750ml would be passed through even though the total volume is the same.

The rules are what they are.

Now if they are equally enforced and how enforced is a different story.

Edited by gatour

BTW drinks confiscated prior to boarding are subject to NOT being returned at the end of the cruise.

For medically requires liquids, contact Special Needs and get authorization to bring them aboard.  And I would have a letter from my health care provider about the medical need also.

18 hours ago, SRF said:

BTW drinks confiscated prior to boarding are subject to NOT being returned at the end of the cruise.

For medically requires liquids, contact Special Needs and get authorization to bring them aboard.  And I would have a letter from my health care provider about the medical need also.

I stand corrected in regards to beverages not being returned at the end of the cruise.  I was thinking about when people would buy bottles of rum etc in port and bring them on-board.  They would ask you go to a table and check them in and you could retrieve on the last day or so of the cruise.  Some shops have a delivery program back to the ship where this is not an issue, but others do not so you have to carry the bottles back to the ship.

Agree with the need to contact Special needs and health care provider about necessary documentation needed to bring on "outsized" bottles of water etc.