Can I make 11:20 am flight from Dublin?

katrina915

I am taking Norway cruise from Dublin and trying to figure out if I can make 11:20 am flight from Dublin to Philadelphia. This is in June on a friday.  I am on Celebrity Reflection which will dock at 1:30 am that day.  Any issues of making this flight?   Do I need to walk off with luggage?  I am not familiar with Dublin airport or disembarking process. Thanks.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, katrina915 said:

I am taking Norway cruise from Dublin and trying to figure out if I can make 11:20 am flight from Dublin to Philadelphia. This is in June on a friday.

You should be able to make it if the ship is cleared the night you arrive and you can walk off with bags in the morning. Its literally a 20 minute quick trip. You should give yourself some extra time at the airport as Dublin isn't as organized as it is in the States-- always takes us longer to check in. 

Just a word of warning-- if you are looking at the Aer Lingus 757 service to Philadelphia, its miserable. Cramped and an old plane with bad food. If you are headed to Philly take any American Airlines flight you can and avoid Aer Lingus. 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, princeton123211 said:

Just a word of warning-- if you are looking at the Aer Lingus 757 service to Philadelphia, its miserable. Cramped and an old plane with bad food. If you are headed to Philly take any American Airlines flight you can and avoid Aer Lingus. 

Aer Lingus operate brand new A321neos on the DUB-PHL route. The aircraft that operated it today for example (EI-LRC) was delivered new from the factory last month

9 minutes ago, scottbee said:

Aer Lingus operate brand new A321neos on the DUB-PHL route. The aircraft that operated it today for example (EI-LRC) was delivered new from the factory last month

Thats a new development then-- the clapped out 757s were on the route a few months ago and they made an already not so great onboard product much worse. 

• 1 month later...

FYI--for about USD $25 extra you can call in advance and order an upgraded meal to be served to you on Aer Lingus in economy.  The chicken very good and the beef is good as well.  Otherwise the food in economy on Aer Lingus is pretty bad.  It is as good as anything I've been served in business on any US carrier and definitely worth the small cost.