Thoughts on Tahiti day room?

aururab

1 hour ago, aururab said:

Any opinions on a day room at Sofitel vs IC on the day of departure? 

Booking either option direct, and would have the room the full day at Sofitel for about $100 less... 

From my understanding you can not book an actual 'day room' at the IC directly. You can book one through PG but unless something has changed recently you can not book a day room directly. Maybe someone else will chime in with thoughts if there is something new that I'm unaware of. 

It's cheaper, and available the whole day, so it sounds like Sofitel is the way to go for you. It's hard to find day rooms in Papeete unless you book them through PG. It's actually hard to find day rooms in places like Los Angeles as well. We often need a day room going to or coming from the South Pacific and Florida, and unfortunately we can't book rooms in LA through PG.

Edited by SWFLAOK
typo

I just wasn't sure if IC was significantly nicer to make the higher price for a shorter time period worth it.

Sofitel has available day rooms if you email them directly (in case you need one in the future).

We have had a day room at the IC.

It wasn’t a true day room as check in was at 2 pm.

We gave them a call and they quoted us. 

We have used the Meridien day room too.....now the Sofitel.

They allowed us to come in at 9.30 but we only had the room at 11.00 or so.

Of the two I prefer the IC.

We've never stayed at the Sofitel so we can't comment on the food. If it's the former Meridien, it's a lot further from the airport than the IC. At 5PM, the IC has happy hour in the lower bar, the food available depends on the night of the week. They have a nice pizza on some nights but not others (like the show nights). There's an upstairs bar with casual food selections at that time every night.

We've never had access to the ATN lounge at PPT, but having access to Business Class lounges elsewhere, I wouldn't eat dinner before heading to the airport.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, SWFLAOK said:

We've never stayed at the Sofitel so we can't comment on the food. If it's the former Meridien, it's a lot further from the airport than the IC. At 5PM, the IC has happy hour in the lower bar, the food available depends on the night of the week. They have a nice pizza on some nights but not others (like the show nights). There's an upstairs bar with casual food selections at that time every night.

We've never had access to the ATN lounge at PPT, but having access to Business Class lounges elsewhere, I wouldn't eat dinner before heading to the airport.

While the lounge in Papeete offers decent champagne the snacks tend to be small sandwiches and odds and sods. Nothing like Cathay's or Singapore’s business lounges or even Air Canada’s Frankfurt lounge with hot meals. Still it has some form of Aircon .

Did you ask PG for a separate package? On one cruise, a passenger told me she finally purchased the day room pkg since she could not find anything else at a better price point. Let the forum know, what you decide to do. Your cruise will be wonderful and best wishes for a great adventure!

Quoted by IC this week:

InterContinental Tahiti Resort and Spa

Day use on December 28th from 3pm to 10pm

Best Flexible Rate: Does not require prepayment, can be cancelled and/or modified without penalty if done so at least 15 days prior to arrival

1 x lagoon view room at 39.837 cfp with taxes and fees, room only 

Day use on December 28th from 8am to 10pm 

Best Flexible Rate: Does not require prepayment, can be cancelled and/or modified without penalty if done so at least 15 days prior to arrival

1 x lagoon view room at 59.756 cfp with taxes and fees, room only 

So the full day room is about $555 USD