Windsurf Refit

blackfoot

I do believe it is Wednesday. My sister is on the Surf now and she gets into Lisbon on Wednesday or I think it  could be tomorrow. Very exciting. We are on the Surf 1/18 can't 

wait, she will be beautiful. Happy Sailing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Chipshot from Michigan said:

We were in cabins 134 and 136, and Delta was the stinky stairway.

Ugh, we'll be in 136 at the end of March. Hope the stinky stairway issue is resolved by then. 

21 minutes ago, avalong said:

Ugh, we'll be in 136 at the end of March. Hope the stinky stairway issue is resolved by then. 

Fortunately the smell did not permeate either of our cabins.  I think it's "stack effect", and if memory serves has been a longtime Wind Surf feature.

The worn/stained carpet picture was in 134.  I don't recall whether 136 had new carpet (some cabins do).  However, it did have temperature control issues and was often freezing.  We had visits by the Hotel Manager (Andreas Pitsch, a gem of a guy) and other officers.  Apparently there was a limit to what they could do.  Design choices made 30+ years ago.

We had a smooth ride and no complaints about vibration or noise.  Lotta stairs to the upper decks (where the views are much better), though.  Forget about waiting for the elevators.  You can consider the stairs part of your daily fitness routine.  Just choose a different flight when closed watertight doors don't limit you to Delta.

Have a great cruise!

17 hours ago, avalong said:

I forget to mention another problem we had with cabin 136.  At embarkation there was an unidentified white powder on several surfaces.  Housekeeping addressed it and acknowledged the cabin should have been completely clean before we arrived.  Damage was confined to slowing down our unpacking and getting on with enjoying the ship.

Cabin doors were often left open, and I was surprised to see how many passengers (mostly kids and young adults accompanying their families?) were living out of suitcases despite the ample storage available.