Wheelchair assist on pier

sailaway04

Does anyone know if there are locals on the pier offering to push people in wheelchairs down the pier towards the shopping area? We sail royal and I remember from our last visit its a long walk for the mobility challenged. Thank you for any info! 

• Like 1

When we were there in August they had folks peddling rickshaws.  they accommodate 2 passengers. They are free but customary to tip the driver...  We were on NCL so I would find out which Pier you will docking at.  Have a great time

Edited by Tudlum

9 hours ago, Booth44 said:

We were in Cozumel last week and there were plenty of rickshaws. Not 100% sure about people willing to push wheelchairs, but I'd think your chances are very, very good.

Do you happen to know how much the rickshaws charged or if they transported for a tip?  Will be in Cozumel in April 2020 and most likely will need a ride from ship to shore and shore to ship.  Last time in Cozumel many years ago had a struggle to get back to ship due to the long, long walk back.

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The rickshaw people work on tips only.  They are at all of the piers in Cozumel.  I don't remember seeing wheelchair pushers in Coz, although they were present in Costa Maya.  EM

Thanks