What to do in St Kitts?

momperson2

We will be on the Harmony, May 2020. Not sure what to do there.   Is there anything walking distance in port to do.  MAYBE a excursion— my husband and I are in middle 60’s.  We might consider going to a beach or something relaxing.     

Unless you have physical limitations that would prevent it, i highly recommend the zip-lining excursion. My wife is afraid of heights, and even she had a good time, and said she would do it again without hesitation. The view is awesome as you glide above the treetops.  If this is something that's on your "bucket list", I can't imagine a better place than St. Kitts to do it. :classic_smile:

There'll be vans at the port offering round-the-island excursions. Don't take the cheapest (around $10 - $12), the marginally more expensive ones will give you a good tour ending with swim-time on a beach so take your beach gear.

The Sugar Train is only available thro the ship, and half of the journey is by van. Quite expensive and no great sight-seeing, but those who've done it say it had a great atmosphere.

JB :classic_smile:

Another vote for Carambola Beach Club - and you may want also consider Cockleshell Beach.  Both easily (and reliably) reached and returned on your own by inexpensive cab. Both a la carte for chairs, umbrellas, and food and both - in particular Cockleshell - very reasonable $. Cab stand about two blocks down on the right off the pier.  Google them for more info.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

@momperson2  Howdy! emo22.gif Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! 👍

Since your thread is regarding a specific port, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Caribbean - St. Kitts & Nevis forum where it will be on topic. While you are here, please browse through the other threads looking for those related to things to do and hopefully within walking distance. You'll find your fellow Cruise Critic members have probably already posted questions and received answers regarding things to do that will interest you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource and we are so glad to have you here! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Categories list. Read a few threads in various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This will give the members that know the information help and they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date as well as any other important information regarding your inquiry if it will help the members answer you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope all this information will be helpful and so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, momperson2 said:

We will be on the Harmony, May 2020. Not sure what to do there.   Is there anything walking distance in port to do.  MAYBE a excursion— my husband and I are in middle 60’s.  We might consider going to a beach or something relaxing.     

Relaxing?  Genteel?  

Then put distance between you Carambola and Cockershell, as destinations of T'erds.  Head for the Marriott with the TTE Protocol.

21 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Relaxing?  Genteel?  

Then put distance between you Carambola and Cockershell, as destinations of T'erds.  Head for the Marriott with the TTE Protocol.

Do keep in mind, not every single passenger on a cruise would be irritated by those you call T'erds.   

In reading different posts and reviews on different sites, I have learned that many guests staying at the Marriott take the free shuttle to Cockleshell Beach and really enjoyed their day!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, momperson2 said:

Hi there...we just came back from St Kitts and had the most wonderful  private tour with Joe Herbert. I researched this site an on another cruise critic member suggestion I contacted Joe by text.He is a historian as well as an ordained pastor with a wealth of information. To date this was the best tour that we have been on . Brimstone Hill and Romney Manor were just some of the sites we visited along with many beaches. His phone number is:  869-663-2100. 

Regards,

Brenda