Laundry service "delicate" question

Shellbelle28

I've only done shorter cruises to date and have packed enough so I never needed to use the on-board laundry service. We'll be doing a 12-day with international travel soon and I'd like to pack as light as possible. Which leads to my question. Do you ladies just send your tops, pants, etc for laundering and wash underclothes in the sink or do you send it all in to the laundry? And if you do sent it all, did the undies come back undamaged? 😎

Nor first time laundering of new garments - water temp - detergent - color fast - runs - shrinkage

AND what about the other items in the same wash - transfer of colors.

So that garment you bought in the gift shop or shore gift shop take care may be best to run that

through as a single item with extra charge. But I wonder if NCL actually does that sort of thing -

the laundry machines are set to wash hundreds of pounds of clothing in one load -

with 2000 staterooms on a ship I am sure that there are not 2000 individual loads of laundry. 

Lingerie items bought at Wal*Mart should not require extra care but the stuff from Victoria's

Secret maybe some care should be taken.

Some fabrics need to be Dry Cleaned - READ LABEL - there is an extra charge for that not the

reading of the label but the dry cleaning -

Really think NCL FREE-STYLE cruising with wash and wear clothing minimum maintenance required.

Questions to ask at the Behind the Scenes Tour (BST) before washing your clothes or call the

laundry through Guest Services for an answer.

Swim suits beach/bathing wear use care - with tooo much time in the hot tubs or salt water pools

the longevity of the garment will be shortened - remember to fresh water wash after use albeit in the

cabins shower/sink.

6 hours ago, CookieShip said:

Does anyone know when the $20 special would be offered on a 15 day cruise?

We used it last time on a shorter cruise, clothes were fine, but my boyfriend was missing a pair of shorts.

On a 15 day cruise will be offered at least once and repeated again once more about 3-4 days apart.

Offer could vary by ship cruise destination - what cruise were you referring to for reader comments ?

And about those missing shorts - did you immediately file a claim or search - were your other items

affixed with those itchy scratchy ID tags - NCL uses that method to sort out clothing - and starting a

search right away helps in the recovery - and then there is the odd chance of the shorts being placed

in another guests laundry basket - hope that guest notices and turns them in.