Dolphin Cay or Blue Lagoon? (RCCL)

JMonty42

We'll be in Nassau in April with Royal Caribbean. We've got 3 kids, 8, 6, and 3, and are interested in a dolphin encounter. Would anyone recommend Dolphin Cay or Blue Lagoon over the other and why?

Things I've noticed:

• Blue Lagoon has a minimum age restriction on their swim package, so one of the adults will have to go with our 3-year-old on their shallow water package while the other takes the older kids on the swim. How separated are these experiences? Will we be apart the entire time? I figure we'll at least have access to the same beach area, right?
  • I understand Dolphin Cay includes access to the Atlantis water park, but we will be in Coco Cay the day before and will be visiting parks in Orlando afterwards so not sure if we want a park experience on this day in particular.
  • Dolphin Cay doesn't list a minimum age restriction on their swim encounter through RCCL's website. Does anyone know if we can take our 3 year old along for that one? If we split it up where an adult takes the 3 year old to the shallow water encounter, the 3 year old gets into that one for free.

tYes, food is available for purchase if it's not included n your package.

Just one thought.   Most Dolphin Cay packages do NOT allow access to the main beach or waterpark unless it specifically says so. and is included in pricing.

Dolphin Cay "beach" is a section of man made beach that allows you to watch the interaction from a distance.   It does not allow water access.   Very deceiving.

Edited by scubagirrl

• 3 weeks later...

We just did the Blue Lagoon Excursion through RC last weekend.  There were 11 of us, ages 70-5 yrs old.  We chose the Dolphin Encounter so the 5 yr old could join us and it was absolutely amazing.  Very well done.  We have also done 'swim with the dolphins' and we rank the encounter at Blue Lagoon more enjoyable.  Lots of close up time with some incredible dolphins.  We all loved it.  

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We were at Blue Lagoon in early May and got the package that included all pictures/video. It was approximately $150, on a USB drive. You go into a separate building, with computers on each side and a salesperson brings up your group photos. You can purchase them individually, but I'm not sure on price.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, $150.00 for all (hundreds) pictures and a video of the entire encounter.  We did buy it and it was well done.  Not sure the exact price of the pictures, but I do remember since we had 3 families and each family wanted at least 3 pictures, we were over the $150.00 for 9 pictures.  So buying the package and sharing was the way for us to go price wise.