Hilton Marina, Ft. Lauderdale

doone

One of the nice features of the corner suite was that it was at the end of the corridor, away from the elevators, and was quieter than the guest rooms that were more centered along the corridor. Based on our experience, a $30/night upsell offer sounds quite reasonable for a room that is nearly twice the size of a standard guest room.

Rob

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

With the updating, do you know if they've changed the bathroom doors?  We disliked the pocket style doors with a tiny latch at the centre, as they offered minimal privacy.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Scroll on up on this thread. I posted a photo of the bathroom door. It’s the last photo in the series. It is a sliding door.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, ransrider said:

That would be great. Have a safe trip. 

We are at the Hilton Marina in a tower room overlooking the marina.  Lovely renovated room and great staff at front desk.  Took longer than they thought for room to be ready and offered us a room in the the other building  but did not recommend  I take it.  Room ready a short time later 
A lot of construction going on at short buildings 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

We are at the Hilton Marina in a tower room overlooking the marina.  Lovely renovated room and great staff at front desk.  Took longer than they thought for room to be ready and offered us a room in the the other building  but did not recommend  I take it.  Room ready a short time later 

How is the view?  

13 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

What time were you able to check in?  We Arrive early (1:00 PM) and were hoping to check in a little early

Edited by dowen63

Our view is overlooking the hotel pool. We are on the 5th floor and see a lot of palm trees. 
Our room was not ready til almost 4:30. We arrived around 1:30 and checked in, stored our luggage and walked down 17th for lunch.  Many if the rooms on the wings are not available due to renovations. 
I did reserve a marina view  and did not choose an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

Our view is overlooking the hotel pool. We are on the 5th floor and see a lot of palm trees. 
Our room was not ready til almost 4:30. We arrived around 1:30 and checked in, stored our luggage and walked down 17th for lunch.  Many if the rooms on the wings are not available due to renovations. 
I did reserve a marina view  and did not choose an upgrade. 

Why choose the Hilton Marina over the Embassy Suites?

What does the HM mean when they say a room is "Waterview"?

Or, which rooms view the port?

Are the "Marina View" the only corner suites or are there corner suites with a port view?

As you can tell, I want to see the cruise ships in the port.

What's the cost of the breakfast buffet?

Edited by RocketMan275

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Are the "Marina View" the only corner suites or are there corner suites with a port view?

The tower rooms that we've been in have had port views.  I guess when you call, you can specify - or if you book online, call to confirm the reservation, and tell them you want a port view, not the intercoastal waterway.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

3 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Hilton Marina and E.S. are night and day different with H.M. being a lot more modern, ect. 

Absolutely correct - we had a couple of nights at the Embassy Suites last year and felt we were in a super old hotel.  The bathroom tiles were cracked and chipped, and we fondly referred to the toilet as "Old Sidewinder", as it kept shifting under you!  LOL  Calls to the front desk didn't help.  The place really needs to be updated.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

What's the cost of the breakfast buffet?

If you are Hilton "gold" status, the cold/continental breakfast buffet is included.

If you are Hilton "diamond status", the full/hot breakfast buffet is included.

Without Hilton status, or a Hilton B&B rate that includes breakfast, I believe the full buffet was $23.95/pp + tax + gratuity.

There are many breakfast places within walking distance. There's an Einstein's bagel shop less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is a complimentary coffee maker with coffee and tea in the room, btw.

Edited by ryndam
typo

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

All rooms in the tower are "waterview". The view is either the intracoastal waterway and the swimming pool generally facing north, or the view of Port Everglades/17th Street generally facing south. The north facing corner rooms face the intercoastal; the south facing corner rooms face Port Everglades.

18 minutes ago, ryndam said:

All rooms in the tower are "waterview". The view is either the intracoastal waterway and the swimming pool generally facing north, or the view of Port Everglades/17th Street generally facing south. The north facing corner rooms face the intercoastal; the south facing corner rooms face Port Everglades.

Thanks.  I assume then that any tower room that isn't an intra coastal is a port view?

Those prices for the buffet are rather stiff.  The Embassy breakfast is include for a similar room rate.   

E.S. is like a Motel6 with breakfast. This location is in need of updating. We stayed there several years ago only to see firsthand why everyone recomends it. Never again. We have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale 10-12 times in the past 15 years and always stay pre,and post cruise. Hilton Marina, Renaissance, Hyatt Place, Four Points By Sheraton are much nicer. There are lots of places to eat near by.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, music said:

I am booked at the Hilton, my reservations says Marina, I guess I'm not sure what or where the room is. Should I call to request a specific room? The reservation isn't till March

Sounds like the only rooms available during the renovation are the tower rooms so you should be fine. Enjoy your trip!

On 12/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, nhraformula00 said:

E.S. is like a Motel6 with breakfast.. We have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale 10-12 times in the past 15 years and always stay pre,and post cruise. Hilton Marina, Renaissance, Hyatt Place, Four Points By Sheraton are much nicer. There are lots of places to eat near by.

Funny you should say "Motel 6 with breakfast", because that's exactly what hubby said!  This time we're staying at the Hyatt Place; it's close to Total Wine, etc., with lots of places to dine in the area.  Any comments on this hotel?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

We love Hyatt Place.Shuttle to or from the airport is only $2 per trip. We have made it our go to hotel when in Ft.Lauderdale last 3 cruises. Staff is very friendly, they always hold our bags untill room is ready and will call you to let you know. It is smaller, always clean, modern. It's really a great value through ValueTrips. You have to be a Hyatt member for the breakfast and i believe it is easy to join. We are not big on breakfast. If you walk out the side exit, East Side, you can walk down the street south a half a block and thru the parking garage of L.A.Fitness to the Harbor Shops. This is the shortest way there. Duffys has good bar food and 2 for 1 drinks all day long. Gilberts is a family type rest with all homemade food.  Enjoy!!!

14 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

......It's really a great value through ValueTrips. You have to be a Hyatt member for the breakfast and i believe it is easy to join.......

We also have stayed at Hyatt Place several times. It is a nice hotel with lots of places to eat nearby. Total Wine and Publix in the Harbor Shoppes if you need to pick anything up.  One thing that is a change since last time we booked through ValueTrips is breakfast is no longer included and is an option you can add for $11/room (not pp). From what I read the same is true for bookings through any 3rd party and not directly with Hyatt Place. Was previously included for Hyatt Members. Not a big deal since the savings for the room far outweigh the breakfast cost. We’re Hyatt Members so will ask when we check-in.

Edited by SeasideMemories

We stayed in the Villas earlier this year.  It was absolutely shockingly dirty and no-one was interested in doing anything about it.  Rust on the light fittings, mould on the walls and there was at least a months dust on the TV.  I can understand the hotel cleaners not bothering, as its so old fashioned and over used and the saying is you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  Look elsewhere or refuse to take a room in the villas end, thats my advice.