Hilton Marina, Ft. Lauderdale

doone

1 hour ago, yoj13 said:

Look elsewhere or refuse to take a room in the villas end, thats my advice.

The East and West wing villa rooms are currently closed and under renovation. Only the renovated tower rooms are currently accepting reservations (based on our stay a couple of weeks ago).

On 12/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, doone said:

I have stayed at the Hyatt Place as well and agree its a great spot, love Duffy’s to eat.

We also like Duffys and the Hyatt.  We walked to Duffys for lunch from the Hilton.  

I had read bad reviews about the ES.  

OK, stayed at Hilton Marina on 12/3 for that night only

Had High Tower - Balcony Water View - room 1126 … view was looking over the cruise port (saw our ship SKY Princess come into the port on Wednesday 12/4 at around 6:00 am … way cool

also view was of the draw bridge , water taxi stand 

additionally, this view was also looking down at a construction staging area where they kept construction materials and dumpsters for the ongoing renovation ...

our room was totally renovated and very nice indeed

second time in a tower room - last May room 926 - decided next time we might try a high tower Marina view corner room if available … but the corner rooms "may" have 2 doubles and not a King, which we prefer

did NOT do any bars or restaurants at the Hilton

Questions ?

QQ

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, voljeep said:

OK, stayed at Hilton Marina on 12/3 for that night only

Had High Tower - Balcony Water View - room 1126 … view was looking over the cruise port (saw our ship SKY Princess come into the port on Wednesday 12/4 at around 6:00 am … way cool

also view was of the draw bridge , water taxi stand 

additionally, this view was also looking down at a construction staging area where they kept construction materials and dumpsters for the ongoing renovation ...

our room was totally renovated and very nice indeed

second time in a tower room - last May room 926 - decided next time we might try a high tower Marina view corner room if available … but the corner rooms "may" have 2 doubles and not a King, which we prefer

did NOT do any bars or restaurants at the Hilton

Questions ?

QQ

Does a High Tower-Balcony Water View translate to an Intercoastal Balcony?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Baby_Bear said:

Are there restaurants and grocery stores nearby? Thinking of staying here pre cruise for 2 nights, but would prefer not having to Uber it every time we wanted to go out. Thanks.

Use this google map.  You can search for restaurants and grocery store or whatever.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1051345,-80.1546723,13.48z

9 hours ago, Baby_Bear said:

Are there restaurants and grocery stores nearby? Thinking of staying here pre cruise for 2 nights, but would prefer not having to Uber it every time we wanted to go out. Thanks.

We stayed here for two nights pre-cruise last month. There are many restaurants, bars, grocery stores, Total Wine, drugstores, etc. along 17th Street within walking (albeit 15 minute +/- walk) distance of the hotel. We also walked to the beach one morning and spent much of the morning and lunch along the ocean.

Harbor Shops are nearby: http://www.theharborshops.com/default.aspx

Also Southport Shopping Center is across the street from Harbor Shops: https://f3marinafl.com/destination/southport-shopping-center/

This is our favorite hotel when cruising. We’ve always had marina view tower rooms. They are very nice. We love walking around the resort & looking at the massive yachts or chilling at the outside bar having a frozen drink. At night, the pool marina area is beautiful. Super convenient to Walgreens for last minute things & restaurants. You can walk to it all. View at night from balcony was relaxing.

5D718D3F-0D7D-4618-9AF8-92EBC55A28E7.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I had a look at the map and it does indeed look like a 10-15 minute walk to most places. I'm traveling with my mom who has arthritis and walks slowly, so it may be even longer. I think we may have to Uber it everywhere - or maybe stay elsewhere?

Any thoughts on the Residence Inn Intracoastal Il Lugano? It gets great reviews and has the lovely water views the Hilton has, plus looked closer to restaurants, etc.  Its further out from the port but the Uber estimator says 15-20 minutes.  Am also considering the Riverside - would that work too? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Baby_Bear said:

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I had a look at the map and it does indeed look like a 10-15 minute walk to most places. I'm traveling with my mom who has arthritis and walks slowly, so it may be even longer. I think we may have to Uber it everywhere - or maybe stay elsewhere?

Any thoughts on the Residence Inn Intracoastal Il Lugano? It gets great reviews and has the lovely water views the Hilton has, plus looked closer to restaurants, etc.  Its further out from the port but the Uber estimator says 15-20 minutes.  Am also considering the Riverside - would that work too? Thanks! 

Try the Embassy Suites. It is adjacent to the Harbor Shops and directly across the street from Southport Shopping Center. The Hyatt Place may also be another option; it is adjacent to the Embassy Suites. At both properties, you give up the water views, but both are very close to the amenities that you note are important to you and your mom, and within much shorter walking distance.

8 minutes ago, Baby_Bear said:

The problem is that both of those properties seem to be getting very mixed reviews. Lots of recent complaints both here and on TripAdvisor about rooms not being in good shape, etc. Thats why I was thinking either Hilton or RI.

I'll bet you'll find similar complaints about Hilton or RI if you read enough reviews.

7 hours ago, Baby_Bear said:

The problem is that both of those properties seem to be getting very mixed reviews. Lots of recent complaints both here and on TripAdvisor about rooms not being in good shape, etc. Thats why I was thinking either Hilton or RI.

The Ritz Carlton, W Ft. Lauderdale, the Pillars or the Conrad may check the majority of your boxes, albeit at a different price point. We have stayed at all four and they are spectacular properties!

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. @ryndam would love to stay at the properties you mentioned, but that may be bad for the budget! We have stayed at several RC's and Conrads both in the US and abroad and they were always great - but I was hoping to not pay more than $250 per night for the pre-cruise stay. I think it'll be between the Hilton in a Tower balcony and the RI Il Lugano (water view room). 

Hyatt Place 17th street convention center would be at the very top of my list. I have been there both pre and post cruise at least 4 times in the last 5 years. If someone gave this place a bar review it was probably a mistake. You can get rooms here thru valu trips at a resonable price.http://www.valuetrips.com/

On 12/9/2019 at 12:39 AM, ransrider said:

Does a High Tower-Balcony Water View translate to an Intercoastal Balcony?

Not necessarily.  

If you look on their website, those Intracoastal rooms are located in the East Villa, which is closed for renovations. 

But obviously, you'll get a nice view of the Intracoastal from the tower. 

It's a nice property, and the pool is really nice.

• 3 months later...