AMEX SPEND$1000 GET $330 back

victory2020

Hello,

I'm never on this board, but I wanted to mention that AMEX has an offer that can be added to your card (under benefits) that gives you a $300 statement credit for spending $1000+ on Regent until Dec 31, 2019. I didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd start one.

Just noticed my typo in the title = don't know if I can change it.

Edited by victory2020
typo
  • Like 1

I am assuming you are referring to the purchase bonus opportunities available to platinum and centurion cardholders - most of these offers are only offered to a specific subset of cardholders, usually based on prior spending history. The Saks Fifth Avenue credit of $50.00 twice a year is open to all but the majority of other offers are promoted to limited cardholders.

gnomie 

4 hours ago, gnomie1 said:

I am assuming you are referring to the purchase bonus opportunities available to platinum and centurion cardholders - most of these offers are only offered to a specific subset of cardholders, usually based on prior spending history. The Saks Fifth Avenue credit of $50.00 twice a year is open to all but the majority of other offers are promoted to limited cardholders.

gnomie 

No, these are offers that almost every Amex card gets ( not branded ones such as Macy's & airline cards). Mine is a blue cash everyday. They have several offers under the 'benefits" button including hotels, retail stores, online wine companies, home security providers, airlines, etc. Always about 30 to 40 different offers that have nothing to do with my spending habits.  

My offer shows 30,000 Membership Rewards points for a minimum spend of $1000.  Only valid for reservations made directly on the Regent website, so I’m not sure if a booking through a TA would be applicable for the offer. 

10 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

My offer shows 30,000 Membership Rewards points for a minimum spend of $1000.  Only valid for reservations made directly on the Regent website, so I’m not sure if a booking through a TA would be applicable for the offer. 

Just a note, Chase Sapphire (besides the $300.00 a year) gives you 3 times points for travel charges so a $15,000pp cruise would always get you 90,000 points.  You can transfer those points to miles at their partner airlines or if you use Chase to book your travel needs that 90,000 points turn into 135,000 points.

9 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Just a note, Chase Sapphire (besides the $300.00 a year) gives you 3 times points for travel charges so a $15,000pp cruise would always get you 90,000 points.  You can transfer those points to miles at their partner airlines or if you use Chase to book your travel needs that 90,000 points turn into 135,000 points.

We’re on the same page.  🙂

CSR is my go-to card for most all of my purchases. I have a Green card with Amex just as a backup, and to maintain my credit relationship with them.... it goes back 40 years. 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, victory2020 said:

I'm never on this board, but I wanted to mention that AMEX has an offer that can be added to your card (under benefits) that gives you a $300 statement credit for spending $1000+ on Regent until Dec 31, 2019. I didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd start one.

Thank you, victory2020!  I was not sure if it would work, since it said I had to book directly with Regent, but I made a payment on my existing booking through my TA, and two days later the $300 credit appeared on my AmEx Blue Cash card.  I probably would not have noticed it without your heads-up, which is very much appreciated.  😍😍😍

Karen

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Thank you, victory2020!  I was not sure if it would work, since it said I had to book directly with Regent, but I made a payment on my existing booking through my TA, and two days later the $300 credit appeared on my AmEx Blue Cash card.  I probably would not have noticed it without your heads-up, which is very much appreciated.  😍😍😍

Karen

I'm so glad you were able to use it! I was getting so much static from other posters I was thinking I won't bother to try to help next time - or ever consider Regent if that's the standard attitude!

I have an interesting problem that no one else will probably care about (😁), but I'll post it anyway.  I have the standard AMEX green card and have added that offer to it, from the list of special offers on AMEX's site.  I live in Costa Rica, and on the particular cruise I'm looking at, my Regent website shows special pricing significantly lower than the U.S. version of the site (more than just the $2500 air differential).  I tried booking through my usual TA, who happens to be in Canada, and they won't let her book at that price.

When I tried booking direct online, the site takes me through the initial page of name, number of passengers, etc. but when it comes to the "select a suite" page, the prices are back up to the U.S. prices.  I assume this is some kind of glitch, or the site  wrongly funnels all online bookings, no matter where from, down to the same page. 

I tried booking over the phone, but the number on the site which is provided as a contact takes you to a call center that is only for TA's.  They referred me to a Costa Rican "representative" who does not answer the phone and whose mailbox is full.  My only recourse appears to be to book through a local TA, where presumably, I won't get the bonus points.  I don't understand why Regent can't take a phone booking from me, as it would be more advantageous to them to not pay a commission.

Anyone have any ideas or tips?

14 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I'm so glad you were able to use it! I was getting so much static from other posters I was thinking I won't bother to try to help next time - or ever consider Regent if that's the standard attitude!

I appreciate that you posted about this offer, because I often forget to check them for Amex since I primarily use my Chase SR.  I just wish that the Regent offer that I see for my Amex Green Card was $300 cash rather than 30,000 membership rewards points.  I do agree with the other comments that these offers from Amex seem to be personalized.

Update.  I called back to Regent's booking number in Florida and asked to speak to a supervisor.  He transferred me to a rep who turned out to be in South America, but from him, I got a name and number for a very nice man in Florida who handles direct international bookings.  He took care of me with no oroblem.  Why it was so difficult to find him, I don't know.  Presumably, my points bonus will show up shortly.  All good.

• Like 2