Port of Tampa Parking options

zebra

I would appreciate help on which parking facility to choose from at the Port of Tampa.  We will be cruising on Royal Caribbean so either need it to be within easy walking access or a safe parking facility which includes a free shuttle back and forth.  I would appreciate your experience and reviews - inclusive of daily cost.

you're from Tampa but are asking for parking recommendations in Tampa?

Sorry, this surprises me .... why not leave the car at home and UBER to the terminal (or is your profile wrong)

I've always parked at the port's parking garage which is a large public facility used by surrounding venues including Sparkman's Wharf.  When I've parked here for a cruise I was in a middle floor of this multi level facility ... iow, I was under a roof.  Port also offers valet parking but IME this is OUTDOORS ... an open lot.  Given the cruise terminal location very close to the sports and convention venues, low cost alternatives are not found.

Yes we are in the Zephyrhills area so it's a 50-60 mile roundtrip.  An Uber is $50 one way, hence $100 cost. It would be cheaper for us to park at the port.  Having lost our "usual ride" to get to the port we are now faced with having to look for parking alternatives.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, zebra said:

Yes we are in the Zephyrhills area so it's a 50-60 mile roundtrip.  An Uber is $50 one way, hence $100 cost. It would be cheaper for us to park at the port.  Having lost our "usual ride" to get to the port we are now faced with having to look for parking alternatives.

Since the last post was on November 6, I trust you have found an acceptable solution. However, we are cruising out of Tampa on 12/23. Our cruise will be 5 days.  Based upon length of cruise,  if I look at the Port of Tampa website and pre-pay for parking- self park is $75 for the length of cruise. Valet parking is $95.  
Truthfully, if I were that close and the Uber fare is $100 round trip, I would still just Uber from home and not have to worry about getting to the right place and worrying about waiting for your car to be brought to you when you arrive back at home port.  That extra $5 would be worth it to me. 

I have in the past used Myparkconnect you park in the 

main garage across the street from terminals.  I went RCC last

year and it was literally less than a 5 min walk. I was concerned also

because my husband is visually impaired. It cost us $28 for

a 4 night cruise.  I just booked again for our Jan cruise, this time

carnival. You pay in advance, they send you a confirmation number

you give it to the attended and you go park.  That easy.

• Like 1