Do all Norwegian ships no longer allow drinks in the hot tub?

Jj343434jj

We just got off of Norwegian Sun and they no longer allowed drinks in the hot tub or anywhere you could reach them from the hot tub, same goes for the pools. We were very disappointed that we couldn’t enjoy our drinks in the hot tubs and were wondering if it’s a fleet wide change. 

I hope it's not the case on the Epic in January or we will be rebels and push the limits. We don't typically worry about finding chairs in the pool area. We hang out in the pool or the hot tub. Hate to think we'd have to get out in order to enjoy a Mango Meltdown.

The Jade had the lifeguard enforcing this. I was thinking they didn't want people

spilling stuff into the water. My husband was very disappointed and was

told twice on two separate occasions not to take his drink in before he gave up LOL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

We just got off of Norwegian Sun and they no longer allowed drinks in the hot tub or anywhere you could reach them from the hot tub, same goes for the pools. We were very disappointed that we couldn’t enjoy our drinks in the hot tubs and were wondering if it’s a fleet wide change. 

I must have missed something. On the eleven NCL cruises we have taken on several different ships there were signs on all of the hot tubs forbidding drinks in the hot tubs. That being said, no one ever seemed to pay attention to it and drank in the hot tubs anyway; kinda' like chair hogs, rules are for someone else.

• Like 6

Just now, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Some would say, 'but I don't ever spill my drink'. But, yes, some do, and NCL would probably have to drain the tub, clean and refill it if someone was seen spilling a drink in the water. 

I agree with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Some would say, 'but I don't ever spill my drink'. But, yes, some do, and NCL would probably have to drain the tub, clean and refill it if someone was seen spilling a drink in the water. 

Unfortunately in public hot tubs there are a lot worse things than alcohol in the water.   Yuck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

You should be given a choice for a plastic glass to be used in hot tub.  Regular glass is very dangerous and should not be used in hot tubs or pools.  I really don't think spilling a drink in the water has anything to do with the rule

The rule may very well be for health reasons.  Alcohol and hot tubs are not a good combination.  A drink or two and a short amount in the hot tub is fine but excessive alcohol and long periods in the hot tub are dangerous, especially for those who don't take care of themselves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlanFromFL said:

The lifeguard was strictly enforcing the "no drinks" policy in the pool and hot tubs on Sky this past week. First time we've ever seen that on any cruise.  

I actually agree with no drinks in the hot tubs... because it curtails the passengers in the tub from ‘dropping anchor’ and staying in the hot tub with their entire group for multiple hours at a time.

a time limit is posted but no one ever noticed it. I’m all about a good time but realize there is 3000 passengers waiting to wade in your families dirty bath water!! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

You should be given a choice for a plastic glass to be used in hot tub.  Regular glass is very dangerous and should not be used in hot tubs or pools.  I really don't think spilling a drink in the water has anything to do with the rule

Unless you bring a glass glass from somewhere else ONLY plastic glasses are available and used in the pool areas.

Glass broken in the pool or hot tub areas is extremely dangerous requiring immediate clean-up even to include draining

a hot tub inconveniencing other guests for their own safety why of course !

Yes I know it is very uncouth to have your martini in plastic but worse yet stirred shaken and agitated in the hot tub.

On Breakaway a few weeks ago.  No drinks IN the pool but okay on the sides.  Drinks were allowed in the Hot tubs, or at least no enforcement as I think the policy is no drinks but rarely enforced.

They were very quick to spot glass and bring a plastic cup to transfer your drink.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, SouthLyonCruiser said:

You would think this would be the case, but we were on the Dawn a few years back in the pool and there was a man who did a "farmer blow" (held one nostril and blew out, then the other) directly into the water. 🤮  We got out and said something to one of the NCL employees and they did nothing.  It was outright disgusting.  Needless to say, we stayed out of that pool for rest of the day. Ick.  

PS - I see you're from South Lyon; we are from Waterford.  😀

• Haha 1