Grenen & Rabjerg Mile

We will be in Skagen in July.  I want to see both Grenen & Rabjerg Mile.  The Brilliance is in port from 7-4:00 & I don't mind starting the day early, however I can't see how early the buses will begin running.  Will there be convenient buses traveling back to Skagen from Rabjerg?  I know we can walk to Grene (or use the Sandorman) but not to Rabjerg, therefore should we see Grene this first?  We won't use bikes, but will walk.  Is there a benefit to traveling to the beach itself or will we be able to see everything from the lighthouse?  Thanks so much!

Possible but it requires a little planning, however a bit tight when you have to be back at 3:30 pm.

Bus / train to Råbjerg Mile will generally take 4-5 hours while bus to Grenen  will generally take 2 to 3 hours. Bus/train schedule will depend on date. (month/week day).

I'll prioritize Grenen - however Råbjerg Mile is also interesting. I possible to do both I'll do Råbjerg in the morning and Grenen in the afternoon.

To Grenen
There is a city bus to Grenen parking - from there 'Sandormen' or walking to Grenen (20 minutes) - It takes about 1 hour to walk from Skagen to Grenen parking.

Råbjerg Mile
There is a bus or train to Råbjerg - from the stop there is about 1 hour walk to Råbjerg Mile
Nordjyske Jernbaners (local railway 79), also called Skagensbanen, runs from Skagen towards Frederikshavn. You can get off at Bunken Station, which is a good starting point for walks in the plantation.
See www.njba.dk

In the summer months, Nordjyllands Trafikselskab runs bus number 99 from Skagen towards Hirtshals and stops at Bunken Camping, so you can walk the rest of the way to Milen and Plantagen.

See more at www.nordjyllandstrafikselskab.dk