Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

3 minutes ago, Trixsea said:

Just remember this is for active, retired or veteran military only.

The only thing that applies to military only is an extra savings per person up to $100. The 4 perks + OBC applies to everyone. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cnschultzy said:

I'm nearing an hour on hold with X right now to apply savings from this sale... If all goes well, I'll see a $675 price reduction based on today's rates. Fingers crossed. My final payment is due Monday. 

Got the price reduction that I was hoping for. Thank you to the OP @mikkelhansen for the heads up! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I'm trying a couple of cruises for April 2020 and the banner is showing includes 4 perks but I can't get them to appear on the booking unless I pick that and the extra $$$ they cost on the screen.  I'll try later.

Same here...I wondered if the issue was with the Canadian site, so I switched to US and same issue.  Example:

image.thumb.png.a5dbec76bebb0c38d1213cde99217b56.png

So based on this, I would expect to be able to book a veranda with 4 perks starting at $1099, however to get 4 perks it is 1239.  For those of you who successfully booked with this sale, is this consistent with your experience or were you able to get the 4 perks included for same price as advertised on first screen?

image.thumb.png.f69153036dc974fd9019ede9b6a24b86.png

13 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Same here...I wondered if the issue was with the Canadian site, so I switched to US and same issue.  Example:

So based on this, I would expect to be able to book a veranda with 4 perks starting at $1099, however to get 4 perks it is 1239.  For those of you who successfully booked with this sale, is this consistent with your experience or were you able to get the 4 perks included for same price as advertised on first screen?

This is consistent with what I've seen on my sailing. With the $1239 price, you do get the additional $200 OBC that you wouldn't in the "Best Rate" offer. 

3 hours ago, Alsmez said:

It's not working for me either - I tried a dummy booking on my existing Alaska cruise (May 21, 2020), which is listed under the sale, but choosing the non-refundable rate gets me this, which I don't believe includes the perks:

image.png.64aef64851cce90faf4649e101561288.png

I tired it on our July 3 Alaska sailing and it was about $1000 more that we are currently at for 3 people in a C3 cabin.  No bargain for me and my oriignal booking is with a refundable deposit.

I've had the same cruise show up with the deal and without it doing mock bookings.  When it showed up without, I closed the website, tried again (after double-checking it was eligible), and then the new promo appeared.  So I'd try again if it's not coming up.

Its working on some and not others on ones Im checking.  I was looking again at the repo from Boston to Ft Lauderdale on the Summit in Oct but not showing up.  Other cruises I checked it did so Im not sure what is going on.  I might reach out to my TA to get some pricing since the web site is as usual consistent with how celebrity customer service when calling. 

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Almost booked an Edge cruise for 3/29 yesterday...price all in (4 perks) for an IV guarantee was $3250 for two.

Today,  I pulled the trigger on the same room for $2363.  OBC of either $500 or $700....seems a bit confusing on that front.  None the less, I'm happy.  

Thanks to the OP for posting this.  

We are booked on the same cruise 🙂  Can't wait!

• Like 1

I emailed our TA to see if he could get the deal for our May 21 2020 cruise and he was able to do so. The base fare for our A2 was actually higher by about $150 than what we previously paid, and of course we had to pay the 2-perk plus drinks charge, but with the extra OBC, included gratuities and internet we came out slightly ahead (we ended up paying a total of $405 more than our previous total but getting tips worth $240, drink upgrade worth $192, internet which we don't really need but which retails for $350 and an extra $200 OBC, for a total retail value of $982). It is pretty unlikely that we will need to change or cancel at this point so I'm comfortable with a non-refundable fare.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I'm trying a couple of cruises for April 2020 and the banner is showing includes 4 perks but I can't get them to appear on the booking unless I pick that and the extra $$$ they cost on the screen.  I'll try later.

Same here.

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Pricing has now changed and shows as follows:

image.thumb.png.7ce4b826c2b0febd11ed865aa4de557c.png

Main screen still showing 1099 for veranda...neither price above is 1099

image.thumb.png.a4e089213f32036e8afc2c50471dcb49.png

We just saved a boat load for our Equinox sailing, super psyched and satisfied! Be sure and check your booking if you haven’t done so today. I wish Princess would learn how to run a decent sale 🙄 we are on the new Sky Spring next year for my birthday and it hasn’t moved an inch 🤨. Have a great day...I will 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks to this thread I called celebrity thIs afternoon.  We booked our January reflection cruise under the Martin Luther king sale with two perks.  I’ve been watching ever since then and haven’t seen a better deal.  I asked the person who answered if there was anything I could do even though I’m past final payment.  Long story short, for just over $200 I have an extra $100 OBC, beverage package upgrade, tips and internet.  

I guess it it never hurts to call 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bebe08 said:

Pricing has now changed and shows as follows:

image.thumb.png.7ce4b826c2b0febd11ed865aa4de557c.png

Main screen still showing 1099 for veranda...neither price above is 1099

image.thumb.png.a4e089213f32036e8afc2c50471dcb49.png

IME, the lowest price is the price for no perks.  Maybe someone that priced a cruise previously can tell us if the old two perks price is the same as the four perks price, and that's the sale.

27 minutes ago, hiccups said:

The lowest price is the price for no perks.  Maybe someone that priced a cruise previously can tell us if the old two perks price is the same as the four perks price, and that's the sale.

I rebooked during this sale and my total price was basically the "lowest price" plus $34pppd for the 2 perk package. $20pppd seems to be the base price for two non-drink perks, although that is not widely advertised. I only know this because one of my cruises had the option of booking them separate from the refundable fare a few days ago (an option which has since disappeared). $14pppd is the upcharge for the drink package for a total of $34pppd.

I'm considering re-booking under this sale but not completely sure. I booked with a $50 refundable deposit. This sale is the regular deposit, in my case $900  and is non-refundable. That is important to note here for those that are considering changing reservations. The way it was explained to me ...if I cancel before final payment then the penalty is $100 per person with the balance of my deposit able to be used for future cruise credit within one year. Otherwise if you cancel you lose all deposit...even if before final payment.  You have to do the math. I think it might be worth it in my case because the savings over my current booking is much more that the potential loss of deposit.

• Like 1