Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

I just happened to check the web site early yesterday morning for our Apex cruise in June of 2020. I got a ridiculously low price on the website which I took to be a glitch but I called my Big Box travel agent at 8 am and they called Celebrity and although I didn't get that original price, I did get one that was close. I am paying for 3 cabins and my total savings was $4883. The cabin with my veteran husband was $200 less than the other 2. We are also on an Edge cruise in February of 2020 but because final payment was a few days before, they would not give me the new promo and paying the $500 cancellation penalty made it not worthwhile.

I received an email from Celebrity regarding the sale. In March I booked Reflection Ireland-Iceland next June with two perks. Two A1 Aqua Class cabins. Called my travel agency. She was on hold with Celebrity for over an hour but I ended up saving $1800 per cabin and have 4 perks, premium beverage instead of classic and more OBC. I was thrilled. Only difference was I paid non refundable deposit. Not a big deal as we already have air paid and pre and post cruise accommodations, so not going to cancel. 

I was very pleased with Veterans Day sale.  We have been booked on the Equinox

for next March with the 4 perks and the non refundable deposit.

With  the new sale we were able to save $220.00 off our cruise fare, but the best part we were able to get a additional $300 OBC

Edited by Elainemh

Website won't price out a new cruise with the 4 perks for either TP from Vanc-Tokyo next September - just the cruise only and refundable with 2 perks

I called up to see how this new sale would affect our booking (we booked during this generous sale), and for $500 OBC with CBP upgraded to PBP it would cost $1,300. So clearly not worth it for us. Great to see some others saving thousands!

We had final payment for our February cruise yesterday and a couple of hours later got a call from my TA that we could get all 4 perks for the same price as we paid for two.  So, we got upgraded to the Premium Beverage Package, Pre-paid Gratuities, Free Internet, and another $100 in onboard credit from the TA for a total OBC of $550.  The only catch was a non-refundable deposit which was moot since we were past final payment.

Just booked the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Edge in an E3 IV for $300 less in total than we paid for a hump balcony on Equinox in June with four perks, and overall we get $175 more in OBC.  I'm pretty happy with that deal, and we're sailing on my birthday to boot 🙂 

We had booked the Reflection 10/20 transatlantic a while ago, with all 4 perks, A1 cabin, with a refundable $200 deposit.

The website will not give you the same savings as you get directly from celebrity. I had my TA call Celebrity, and was happy to

receive a $970 price reduction on the cruise fare, plus getting the 4 perks for free, which by the way we had paid $1274 for!

Total savings of $2244 which is awesome, and we ended up with $750 OBC to boot!

thank you Celebrity

I also cannot get the 4 perks to show up on several Caribbean cruises I'm checking out next November that ARE listed as included in Veteran's Day sale.  I called Celebrity and after waiting 15 minutes, the customer service agent tried it herself on the website. She said it didn't show for her either, but she could price it with the 4 perks included on her system.  She said she would report it to IT.  Ha!

The other 2 cruises I was looking at were showing as included in the sale but only 2 perks were included, and the 4 perk option does not show up unless you pay extra.

Honestly, I thought it was my computer.  How ridiculous is this?          

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

How does using an FCC work on a NRD?

In response to a question I asked on another thread, Jelayne posted this answer today

"There is a $100 pp fee if you canx and remaining deposit is returned as a FCC good for 12. Months.  We recently made a change to a booking with a NRD and there was no change fee. "

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

In response to a question I asked on another thread, Jelayne posted this answer today

"There is a $100 pp fee if you canx and remaining deposit is returned as a FCC good for 12. Months.  We recently made a change to a booking with a NRD and there was no change fee. "

I meant I have a FCC to move, so if I move it to a cruise with this special, does that work and would I only lose the FCC if I cancelled?

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I meant I have a FCC to move, so if I move it to a cruise with this special, does that work and would I only lose the FCC if I cancelled?

Oh sorry, I misunderstood,  

That's a great question!

I am booked on a TA(TransAtlantic) and decided to book the cruise before it; however, i booked it before the sale.  My TA(travel agent) called Celebrity, and was told that I could switch, but it would be NRD.  She was also told that I would lose the entire 900 if I canceled.  Of course, that is not true...

My question is:  If I do have to cancel and lose my 200, do I have a year from that date of cancelation to book another cruise or do I have to book another cruise and do that cruise within the following 12 months...I have called Celebrity twice and gotten these two differeent answers...for me, that does make a big difference!

Edited by Lastdance

Just got off the phone with my travel agent! First time I have EVER been able to take advantage of a price reduction or special promo. We went from 2 to 4 perks for $55, but I also get the $168 credited back from upgrading to Premium for myself. We also now have $700 of onboard credit. ( My travel agent was also running a special!)

I am a very happy camper! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have now patiently waited a day or two since the sale fares were posted.  Is anyone able to see the Veteran's Day/4 perk rates  online?  I'm looking at 2/3 different ABC islands cruise in early Nov 2020 to compare different ships and staterooms.   I am beyond frustrated. 

Yes, I know I can call. But I'm much happier if I can do the research myself to be able to select the best option for us.

Thanx in advance to anyone who has the time to check and advise if they can see the sale prices... 🥰

2 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I have now patiently waited a day or two since the sale fares were posted.  Is anyone able to see the Veteran's Day/4 perk rates  online?  I'm looking at 2/3 different ABC islands cruise in early Nov 2020 to compare different ships and staterooms.   I am beyond frustrated. 

Yes, I know I can call. But I'm much happier if I can do the research myself to be able to select the best option for us.

Thanx in advance to anyone who has the time to check and advise if they can see the sale prices... 🥰

Yes, I've been able to price multiple cruises online with the four perks option.  I've had a couple come up as two perks, but then I've closed the website, reopened, and tried again.

2 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Yes, I've been able to price multiple cruises online with the four perks option.  I've had a couple come up as two perks, but then I've closed the website, reopened, and tried again.

Thanx for your input.  That's not working for me at all.  My computer at this point can practically type it in by itself with only the 2 perk options showing up for these cruises even though the 3 cruises ARE on the sale list.  Drat. 

2 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Thanx for your input.  That's not working for me at all.  My computer at this point can practically type it in by itself with only the 2 perk options showing up for these cruises even though the 3 cruises ARE on the sale list.  Drat. 

Just out of curiosity, what cruises are you looking at?  Now I want to see if it works for me!

On 11/8/2019 at 2:55 PM, hiccups said:

Just booked the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Edge in an E3 IV for $300 less in total than we paid for a hump balcony on Equinox in June with four perks, and overall we get $175 more in OBC.  I'm pretty happy with that deal, and we're sailing on my birthday to boot 🙂 

My memory was faulty--I went back and checked and this cruise on Edge is actually $285 PP less than our Equinox cruise!  I can't get over that.

Equinox was our first X cruise, we have Summit in two weeks, and now Edge in the pipeline.  Excited to get to experience all three types of ships in our first year!  Really glad our RCI/Azamara status gives us that cabin category boost.

4 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Try Celebrity Edge on the 1st March - 7 NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE

See if that prices for you with 4 perks. That one (and many others) work for me. But any of the TAtlantic/TPs do not work