Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

On 11/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, mikkelhansen said:

This is an ACTUAL sale/promotion!

Get all four perks (Sail All Included) for the normal price of two perks (Sail Plus)! Valid for almost any 2020 sailing, 4 nights or longer - but only paired with non-refundable deposit (sadly not vaild for 2021 salings, when we have a sailing booked), and for ALL stateroom types. And you ALSO receive the bonus 100$ OBC for the basic November promotion, ie. 250$ OBC per person.

I did 4-5 mock bookings for various sailings next year, and it actually gives you all four perks for the normal 140$ price increase to add two perks (excluding beverage package) for a 7-night sailing. Also, this is not a sale with inflated base prices, at least not on the five sailing is mock-booked, which al had the "normal" base prices they had weeks ago!

More info here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-event-cruise-offer.

I booked in August with a friend on the apex may 30th sailing. Originally booked an oceanview verandah but was able to upgrade to CC infinite verandah for $175 CAN $ more per person. Includes 4 perks with premium beverage package. We also got to keep the 175 obc as our retention bonus.  They must be having difficulty filling the cabins. 

Okay, I am sorry I just don't get how this sale is a sale.  I have booked a Reflection cruise 2C cabin March 2 for $5375 all in... with $200 OBC... With this sale..... if I can get someone to answer the phone... I can get the same set up for $5015... so a bit of a savings... But if I want 4 perks the total is $7479...or $2464... more that the basic trip.... now factoring out $319 for gratuities...which you spend anyway... that still leaves me with $2145 to spend on drinks etc. Just doesn't seem like anything to get excited about. Now I may try again to save $360 on the basic plan.  We only use our elite internet minutes and cocktail hour covers our liquor needs... and a bottle of wine at dinner only runs say $500 or so for the week... I am just wondering if I am missing something with all these perk deals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmarrsouth said:

Try Celebrity Edge on the 1st March - 7 NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE

See if that prices for you with 4 perks. That one (and many others) work for me. But any of the TAtlantic/TPs do not work

Yep, that one loads with 4 perks.  Now if I could only go in March.  😂😎 

9 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Hi hiccups,

Nov 2nd - Reflection 

Nov 6th - Equinox 

Nov 13th - Edge 

All 2020. 

Thanx! 

You're right, they aren't showing as four perks for me, either!  Frustrating!  I probably would call and put my phone on speaker while I was on hold, or maybe wait until Monday in case they have IT working on it.  But I'm not patient enough, so I'd likely call.

1 minute ago, hiccups said:

You're right, they aren't showing as four perks for me, either!  Frustrating!  I probably would call and put my phone on speaker while I was on hold, or maybe wait until Monday in case they have IT working on it.  But I'm not patient enough, so I'd likely call.

I found the Chat feature useful. They usually come on line within a minute or two and you can ask you question. To access the Chat, I started a fake booking and the Chat feature pops up in the lower right corner.  Maybe that would work for you. 

I actually tried it while  on hold for Celebrity on the phone. I had all my questions answered via the  Chat before they answered the phone call. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Okay, I am sorry I just don't get how this sale is a sale.  I have booked a Reflection cruise 2C cabin March 2 for $5375 all in... with $200 OBC... With this sale..... if I can get someone to answer the phone... I can get the same set up for $5015... so a bit of a savings... But if I want 4 perks the total is $7479...or $2464... more that the basic trip.... now factoring out $319 for gratuities...which you spend anyway... that still leaves me with $2145 to spend on drinks etc. Just doesn't seem like anything to get excited about. Now I may try again to save $360 on the basic plan.  We only use our elite internet minutes and cocktail hour covers our liquor needs... and a bottle of wine at dinner only runs say $500 or so for the week... I am just wondering if I am missing something with all these perk deals.

I'm wondering if you're seeing the sale price when you are pricing your sailing.  It should load with the 4 perks INCLUDED in the price. If you're having to add the 4 perks for an additional cost, then you're not actually seeing the Veterans Sale price.  That's what many people in this thread are complaining about including me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

I just tried a mock booking for that cruise, and it's not showing the four perks the way it should--that might be why the price seems so much higher.  You shouldn't have to choose to add the additional perks, they should come up automatically.

I waited and waited and waited while on hold last night to refare my current booking because I saw a significant savings plus another perk .... nearly 2 hours of being on hold until I gave up to only do the same thing this morning.  I finally called on my cell and pushed different numbers, as if I was going to book a new cruise.  I asked the rep that answered not to scold me for choosing the wrong option but after waiting nearly 4 hours over two different sessions trying to get through on the proper line, I pleaded my case.  She did look into refaring my current booking but for one more perk and to keep it refundable, it was going to cost me an extra $600 just to get that one extra perk for a 5 night sailing ... whoa!!  I that wasn't a deal at all.  Oh well ... I gave it a shot but for me, it really wasn't a deal.  It really wouldn't have even been that much of a savings even if I had gone with the non-refundable deposit.  I am glad to see it helped others, though.  

2 hours ago, Islander500 said:

I have now patiently waited a day or two since the sale fares were posted.  Is anyone able to see the Veteran's Day/4 perk rates  online?  I'm looking at 2/3 different ABC islands cruise in early Nov 2020 to compare different ships and staterooms.   I am beyond frustrated. 

Yes, I know I can call. But I'm much happier if I can do the research myself to be able to select the best option for us.

Thanx in advance to anyone who has the time to check and advise if they can see the sale prices... 🥰

Have you tried using an incognito browser?

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I found the Chat feature useful. They usually come on line within a minute or two and you can ask you question. To access the Chat, I started a fake booking and the Chat feature pops up in the lower right corner.  Maybe that would work for you. 

I actually tried it while  on hold for Celebrity on the phone. I had all my questions answered via the  Chat before they answered the phone call. 

You are a genius, VitaminSea53. I ignored that chat many times yesterday.

I got Veterans Sale quotes on the 3 cruises/selected staterooms in 10 minutes.

Thank you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

You are a genius, VitaminSea53. I ignored that chat many times yesterday.

I got Veterans Sale quotes on the 3 cruises/selected staterooms in 10 minutes.

Thank you!

I wondered about trying chat when I saw it pop up--glad it worked for you!  Did you decide on which cruise to book?

23 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I wondered about trying chat when I saw it pop up--glad it worked for you!  Did you decide on which cruise to book?

Probably Reflection, Nov 2nd.  Have to talk to hubby to get his opinion, and then book the one I picked.  😉  

• Haha 2

For those looking to verify prices try using TA websites that list all fare combinations, not the Celebrity website.  The very large on-line cruise agent in NH is one and the large travel booking site for flights/hotels/cruises is another.  They list all the fare combinations without misleading you.  Then if you find something which would benefit you call celebrity with the specifics

Edited by wrk2cruise

I just happened to check the web site early yesterday morning for our Apex cruise in June of 2020. I got a ridiculously low price on the website which I took to be a glitch but I called my Big Box travel agent at 8 am and they called Celebrity and although I didn't get that original price, I did get one that was close. I am paying for 3 cabins and my total savings was $4883. The cabin with my veteran husband was $200 less than the other 2. We are also on an Edge cruise in February of 2020 but because final payment was a few days before, they would not give me the new promo and paying the $500 cancellation penalty made it not worthwhile.

Regarding my previous post, I thought that the cancellation penalty for the Edge cruise made the sale not worth it. The reason is because the Celebrity website would not price it with 4 perks and when I selected that option, it would add almost $700. So I went to that NH website and found the correct price. Then I called my big box agent and they called Celebrity. Bottom line was after paying the $500 penalty I came away with a $237 refund, upgraded beverages, free gratuities, unlimited internet and an extra $200 SBC. Well worth the trouble of re booking 3 shore excursions and 1 specialty dinner. The Celebrity agent re booked all of my dinner reservations in the 4 dining rooms for me. My advice is ignore the Celebrity website and either call them or your travel agent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

For those looking to verify prices try using TA websites that list all fare combinations, not the Celebrity website.  The very large on-line cruise agent in NH is one and the large travel booking site for flights/hotels/cruises is another.  They list all the fare combinations without misleading you.  Then if you find something which would benefit you call celebrity with the specifics

Thank you!!! I just tried the large booking site (Canadian version) and wow!!! If only X site spelled it out that clearly....

I should add I already use that site regularly for hotels and flights...never thought to use for cruises.  It will be my go to from now on 🙂

Edited by bebe08
add

1 minute ago, bebe08 said:

Thank you!!! I just tried the large booking site (Canadian version) and wow!!! If only X site spelled it out that clearly....

Yes last Sunday before this "sale" I was on the phone for 2 hrs with Celebrity reps trying to add 2 perks.  I could find the same price on 3 TA sites but they couldn't find it on their system.  Finally they were able to do it, not sure what the issue was.

Definitely ignore the prices on their website.  We had not planned a cruise for 2020, but I was looking for one in 2021 and then I got the email about this sale.  Did a couple of 2020 dummy bookings (for the same cruise) but picking 2 different perks for each.  Got $300 CDN difference. Even though the end price was more than I had hoped for I decided to go ahead as it was a celebration for our 30th anniversary.  Called Celebrity and THEIR end price over the phone was about $1900 CDN less.  So - no brainer - I booked!  What ended up being a bonus for us was a total of $500 OBC - from this sale and their November sale.  I have never booked a cruise online - always through either a TA or calling Celebrity direct.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes last Sunday before this "sale" I was on the phone for 2 hrs with Celebrity reps trying to add 2 perks.  I could find the same price on 3 TA sites but they couldn't find it on their system.  Finally they were able to do it, not sure what the issue was.

Apparently for every Celebrity agent they had 25 calls in the queue due to the veterans sale. I was lucky to only have waited about 10 minutes to have my May 2020 cruise repriced.

38 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

Is this a sale that is offered regularly? I have my eye on the June 20 Apex Mediterranean and noticed it had dropped in price and may see like a good time to jump on this.

I think it's a great deal. In total I paid another $277 Canadian dollars to move up from an oceanview obstructed verandah deck 6 to a C2 midship deck 12 IV with all 4 perks added.  Total onboard credit for 2 is now $675 USD. Plus the bottle of wine which I'll just bring back home now. 😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

I should add I already use that site regularly for hotels and flights...never thought to use for cruises.  It will be my go to from now on 🙂

Any chance you could let me know what this Canadian version is that you're referring to? If anyone else knows this site, please let me know.

I've been trying to price out cruises using the Celebrity website with this sale to no avail. EVERY cruise I price out only shows me the 'best price' or 'best value' with 2 perks and OBC. Not once, in the probably 10-15 times I've tried to price out a cruise has it shown 4 perks. It's really starting to anger me.

I contacted Celebrity last night via chat. Explained that the site was having issues pricing out cruises properly. They mentioned that no one has complained. I asked them to raise the issue to their IT department or the website administrator. Will they, who knows. I've a very self serve type of person and having to rely on calling in, or using the chat feature is a complete waste of time. The agent on chat asked if they could price out a cruise for me. I said there's no point, are you going to sit here and price out a cruise for me over the next week if i change what I'm looking for.

So, all that to say... if you could let me know of this site that you're referring to it would save my sanity.

Thanks and much appreciated - A fellow Canuck.