Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

59 minutes ago, lawk said:

Why does it cost more than the basic fare to get the perks? I thought the perks were supposed to be free. 

There's no such thing as a free lunch. The perks may or may not work out to be a better value. Just do your homework. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Does anyone have an accurate price for June 20 equinox with the four perks and veterans obc? Just for a regular balcony. Having trouble no matter which browser I use!!

Need more info.  Inside, ,balcony, location all affects price.

8 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Does anyone have an accurate price for June 20 equinox with the four perks and veterans obc? Just for a regular balcony. Having trouble no matter which browser I use!!

It's not coming up for me with the four perks--as I recommended earlier, try a TA website, use the chat feature on the X website, or call.  I'd look at a TA website to get an idea of the correct price, then use the chat feature.

I haven’t stepped through all 5 pages, but read some of the issues ove the confusion of this 4-Perks offer when trying to book on line. I tried also and when selecting the 4-perks, the price went way up. the basic no-perks showed a discount of $1,320 but when I selected 4-perks, the discount went away and it added $1,320 driving the cost way up by $2,600+. Didn’t make any sense.

So I called Celebrity and yes, they said the on-line had issues and the price was the same as the price base discounted by $1320 with the 4-perks included. Yup, $900 down payment non-refundable - kind of ‘refundable’: if you cnx this and booked another, you pay $100 each to make the change. 

I understand nothing is ‘free’ but I’d looked at this cruise prior to the 4-perk $500 OBC offer and the SR base prices were the same for the ones I looked at, so Celebrity didn’t jump up the SR basic price and then offer these ‘freebies’. Call the perks free or whatever, as far as I’m concerned, its a great deal.....if you can make reservations now. 

Den

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

There's no such thing as a free lunch. The perks may or may not work out to be a better value. Just do your homework. 

This is a new booking. I was just under the impression there was no extra cost for the perks. The additional cost is definitely worth it, the OBC and gratuities are less than the cost of the perks and I also get wifi and the premium beverage package. 

My TA checked my booking (single IV for the Edge 2/16 sailing) and sent me a breakdown of things. For me, even prepaying gratuities as I already had on my booking and paying for internet, I was better off sticking with what I had. 

So it is not always going to be cheaper depending on what rate you booked at. Apparently I booked at a really good rate.

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I haven’t stepped through all 5 pages, but read some of the issues ove the confusion of this 4-Perks offer when trying to book on line. I tried also and when selecting the 4-perks, the price went way up. the basic no-perks showed a discount of $1,320 but when I selected 4-perks, the discount went away and it added $1,320 driving the cost way up by $2,600+. Didn’t make any sense.

So I called Celebrity and yes, they said the on-line had issues and the price was the same as the price base discounted by $1320 with the 4-perks included. Yup, $900 down payment non-refundable - kind of ‘refundable’: if you cnx this and booked another, you pay $100 each to make the change. 

I understand nothing is ‘free’ but I’d looked at this cruise prior to the 4-perk $500 OBC offer and the SR base prices were the same for the ones I looked at, so Celebrity didn’t jump up the SR basic price and then offer these ‘freebies’. Call the perks free or whatever, as far as I’m concerned, its a great deal.....if you can make reservations now. 

Den

I have called Celebrity 3 times for clarification and they say that the 4 perks offer is not the same as the base price, it is a different offer and will cost more. Guess you got lucky. 

14 minutes ago, lawk said:

I have called Celebrity 3 times for clarification and they say that the 4 perks offer is not the same as the base price, it is a different offer and will cost more. Guess you got lucky. 

I've done a few mock bookings for various Caribbean cruises, and all the ones I've done have come up as $140 more PP for the perks promo.  I don't know if that's the differential for all cruises, though.

Edited by hiccups

2 minutes ago, lawk said:

I just got off a chat... I had arranged for a cruise to be moved to Dec.... and the best deal was for a refundable 2 perk plan... the 4 perk plan added about $1000. So I went back to ask them to double check.... they told me that if I changed the cruise to NR that the 4 perk offer would be $190 less than the 2 perk refundable plan... Given I booked on board for $200... decided to move this to NR.. and take the savings..... Very Very confusing.

42 minutes ago, lawk said:

This is why I hate talking pricing and so on. Hiccups, don’t worry i have a feeling that our offers are all pretty much the same. I may be using the wrong terms and so on. the website online booking costs for basic (no perks), 2-perks and 4-perks is all screwed up and I couldn’t really do a legit comparison. All I know is I have a good deal booking this - a good deal as far as I’m concerned.....for me.  the Edge/Apex SRs are more expensive so there are ‘better deals’ on other Class ships. So there are many options and pricing. 

And there will always be someone who got a better deal......that why I hate getting into pricing discussions. Who knows what ‘deal’ any of us get. All I know is I got a deal I liked and is acceptable to me. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

Well after getting the 2 perks for $440 more than the basic price... for a non-refundable ticket.... I decided to try the chat line one more time... to see why my second cruise cost so much more for the four perks..... about $1500 more than the basic price. Appears the reason is the earlier cruise was non refundable... and I was working with a refundable ticket for the second. Ironically she told me that if I agreed to a non refundable fare... that she could get me 4 perks for LESS than the 2 perk deal I signed up for earlier in the day. Since I booked on board and had a $200 deposit...I decided it was worth the gamble.

Overall both cruises are more expensive than what I usually book.... but at least I am getting all the bells and whistles and all told $700 OBC.... $200 from the onboard booking. My secret fear... is that I will like having 4 perks... which will spoil me ... after 25+ cruises with only one with classic package and never having wifi... could set me up for a future of spending more...

16 minutes ago, kearney said:

Well after getting the 2 perks for $440 more than the basic price... for a non-refundable ticket.... I decided to try the chat line one more time... to see why my second cruise cost so much more for the four perks..... about $1500 more than the basic price. Appears the reason is the earlier cruise was non refundable... and I was working with a refundable ticket for the second. Ironically she told me that if I agreed to a non refundable fare... that she could get me 4 perks for LESS than the 2 perk deal I signed up for earlier in the day. Since I booked on board and had a $200 deposit...I decided it was worth the gamble.

Overall both cruises are more expensive than what I usually book.... but at least I am getting all the bells and whistles and all told $700 OBC.... $200 from the onboard booking. My secret fear... is that I will like having 4 perks... which will spoil me ... after 25+ cruises with only one with classic package and never having wifi... could set me up for a future of spending more...

Indeed!  There is a method to their madness. 

18 hours ago, lawk said:

Why does it cost more than the basic fare to get the perks? I thought the perks were supposed to be free. 

I just noticed that the title of the thread is "four perks for the price of two," so that's probably why the basic fare is lower--it has no perks.  We'd need someone that had priced out a cruise with two perks before the sale to see if the extra two perks were added on for free. 

6 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

I,m trying to book with this promo and it doesn''t show the 4 perks at the end? It wants me to choose regular base without perks or 2 perks for more? Do we get the base price + the 4 perks or are they extra?? Someone who did this please advise!

As others say, the veteran sale pricing can't be accessed on the Celebrity website for many cruises.  It didn't for mine, I had to get a quote from my TA.  If you want to get a pricing indication, try another online website. If you want to book, I fear you will have to call Celebrity directly. Good luck! 

37 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

I,m trying to book with this promo and it dosen't show the 4 perks at the end? It wants me to choose regular base without perks or 2 perks for more? Do we get the base price + the 4 perks or are they extra?? Someone who did this please advise!

Try the chat line... also... if you are willing to do non refundable the pricing will be better. I got all kinds of mixed signals.... I had to use the chat line twice on one booking... went from basic no frills refundable which I booked onboard... first chat... I ended up with 2 perks for $440 more than repriced lower no frills refundable... to get 4 perks it would have been about $1500 more than the no frills... when I did the second chat.. I asked why so much more for 4 perks ... I was told the reason was that it was a refundable fare...and if I went with nonrefundable I could get 4 perks for $190 LESS than my 2 perk deal. Since I only paid $200 for my deposit... I decided to go with non refundable... 

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

We'd need someone that had priced out a cruise with two perks before the sale to see if the extra two perks were added on for free. 

I think this varies by cruise, but in my case, the base price of my cruise/A2 room (May 21 2020 Solstice) didn't change much - it was $1839 non-refundable and $2174 refundable with two perks before the sale, and now it's $1789 non-refundable and $2124 refundable with two perks. What gets a bit confusing is that the price of two perks is not really listed anywhere, so you don't know how much they normally cost. However, I priced this cruise last week before a lot of this madness started and the refundable fare was listed without the perks included, so they showed the actual price of the perks on the following screen (this option has since disappeared from X's website):

image.png.66bdce62c80917e3859d8c2d219e9b9a.png

This screenshot is from an 8-day cruise so the price of two perks is $20pppd, with the beverage package upcharge working out to an additional $14pppd, for a total of $34pppd. $34 times 8 days is $272. I ended up rebooking our cruise during the sale and my new base fare is almost exactly $1789 plus $272 (off by a couple of dollars presumably due to taxes, etc.). Anyway, I don't know if that will be true for everyone, but it's as a good starting point if you need to figure out the cost of two perks to see if you are really getting a good deal on all four.

We checked one of our upcoming booked cruises (Apex, October 22, 2020), and it would cost us over $2000. more to get the "all 4 perks deal".  LOL - not a deal and certainly not free, as some people still insist on using as a label for perks!

11 minutes ago, zook50 said:

We checked one of our upcoming booked cruises (Apex, October 22, 2020), and it would cost us over $2000. more to get the "all 4 perks deal".  LOL - not a deal and certainly not free, as some people still insist on using as a label for perks!

I just tried doing a mock booking for this sailing, and it's not showing the correct pricing for four perks--it's only showing two perks and then you have to add the other two, which results in a higher price.  For the Veteran's Day sale, when you get to the pricing, the right hand pricing should say "Best Value, Four Perks Included."  You can scroll back to my post #107 to see what the correct pricing screen should look like.

Not to say that this promo is any better for your sailing, but it's probably not as bad as it appears.

Edited by hiccups

23 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

I think this varies by cruise, but in my case, the base price of my cruise/A2 room (May 21 2020 Solstice) didn't change much - it was $1839 non-refundable and $2174 refundable with two perks before the sale, and now it's $1789 non-refundable and $2124 refundable with two perks. What gets a bit confusing is that the price of two perks is not really listed anywhere, so you don't know how much they normally cost. However, I priced this cruise last week before a lot of this madness started and the refundable fare was listed without the perks included, so they showed the actual price of the perks on the following screen (this option has since disappeared from X's website):

image.png.66bdce62c80917e3859d8c2d219e9b9a.png

This screenshot is from an 8-day cruise so the price of two perks is $20pppd, with the beverage package upcharge working out to an additional $14pppd, for a total of $34pppd. $34 times 8 days is $272. I ended up rebooking our cruise during the sale and my new base fare is almost exactly $1789 plus $272 (off by a couple of dollars presumably due to taxes, etc.). Anyway, I don't know if that will be true for everyone, but it's as a good starting point if you need to figure out the cost of two perks to see if you are really getting a good deal on all four.

This is another cruise that doesn't appear to be pricing correctly--the "Best Value" option only shows two perks instead of four when I do a mock booking.

It took my TA over an hour on hold but I was able to take $600 off the first leg of my B2B March Solstice NZ/AU Cruise, add two perks and $500 OBC. I did have to change to non refundable for that leg of the trip. Per my TA if we cancel we forfeit $100 per person and the rest will be transferred to new booking. It almost seems to good to be true but I will take it. Our second leg is a special group rate and could not be combined. It still is cheaper than what we would change to.