Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

Does someone have the details or terms of the Veterans day sale ?  We upgraded our veranda cabin for 20 $ pp and now get the 4 perks instead of just 1 we had previously.  Good deal as we had already non refundable rate.   However I was under the impression that the Premium Beverage package was in these 4 perks.  Now it just says on our invoice "Beverages", which can be anyone of the many packages that Celebrity sells.

On our booking on Celebrity webpage, nothing is mentioned, except for the OBC (no gratuities, no beverage, no wifi), therefore I would like to have it clearly stated on invoice to avoid potential problems on board.  Or am I mistaken about the Premium Bev Package ?

Edited by Michidoeme

3 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Does someone have the details or terms of the Veterans day sale ?  

The details of the promotion are mentioned in the OP of the thread you are posting in, with a link to the details on X’s website

It can take a couple of days-weeks for fully correct invoice (listing all the perks, including the Premium Beverage Package for this deal) to be ready

If you are concerned, call them (your TA or X) and have them email you what exactly you are getting

21 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Does someone have the details or terms of the Veterans day sale ?  We upgraded our veranda cabin for 20 $ pp and now get the 4 perks instead of just 1 we had previously.  Good deal as we had already non refundable rate.   However I was under the impression that the Premium Beverage package was in these 4 perks.  Now it just says on our invoice "Beverages", which can be anyone of the many packages that Celebrity sells.

On our booking on Celebrity webpage, nothing is mentioned, except for the OBC (no gratuities, no beverage, no wifi), therefore I would like to have it clearly stated on invoice to avoid potential problems on board.  Or am I mistaken about the Premium Bev Package ?

I was told when I upgraded & booked the same deal that it would take a few days (or a week) to have the new invoice reflect the added perks. Either call or use the chat to verify and request new invoice.  I'm giving them a week before I do that.   

1 hour ago, pmarrsouth said:

The details of the promotion are mentioned in the OP of the thread you are posting in, with a link to the details on X’s website

It can take a couple of days-weeks for fully correct invoice (listing all the perks, including the Premium Beverage Package for this deal) to be ready

If you are concerned, call them (your TA or X) and have them email you what exactly you are getting

The info in the link is confusing : on top it says Premium, but on bottom under ‘The Perks’ it says Classical !

Edited by Michidoeme

2 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

The info in the link is confusing : on top it says Premium, but on bottom under ‘The Perks’ it says Classical !

The website says premium.  Click on  "Menu," "Cruise Deals," then "Veterans Day Sale."

ETA:  I see where is says Classic at the bottom, but I wouldn't worry, as that looks to apply to "Sail" pricing.

Edited by hiccups

I just switched my existing booking to the Veterans sale! Used the chat feature. Super easy and fast. Much faster than than waiting to talk to a rep on the phone. Don't try to do it yourself on this completely ridiculous website. It won't be accurate! Saved a ton of money and got more perks! The deposit changed to non-refundable but the penalty for cancelling before final payment is $100 per person with the remainder of the deposit having to be used to book a future cruise within 12 months. You don't have to go on the cruise within 12 months, just book it. Such a great sale!!!! Saved about $2000 in cash and perks! 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, mikkelhansen said:

This is an ACTUAL sale/promotion!

Get all four perks (Sail All Included) for the normal price of two perks (Sail Plus)! Valid for almost any 2020 sailing, 4 nights or longer - but only paired with non-refundable deposit (sadly not vaild for 2021 salings, when we have a sailing booked), and for ALL stateroom types. And you ALSO receive the bonus 100$ OBC for the basic November promotion, ie. 250$ OBC per person.

I did 4-5 mock bookings for various sailings next year, and it actually gives you all four perks for the normal 140$ price increase to add two perks (excluding beverage package) for a 7-night sailing. Also, this is not a sale with inflated base prices, at least not on the five sailing is mock-booked, which al had the "normal" base prices they had weeks ago!

More info here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-event-cruise-offer.

I just booked a 2021 sailing with all four perks equal to the 2 perks price with a refundable deposit.  My sailing is a brand new release October 2021 New Zealand sailing.  It was the same price as the promo with the non refundable deposit, but my TA's agency had the same deal with a refundable deposit.

I actually leave on November 24th on the Infinity.  I will reprice it on board and if I can get a better deal with the extra OBC I'll book again and cancel this reservation, but based on the pricing I think I'll be better off with this deal.  I'll find out in 10 days.

Edited by ShawninFL

9 hours ago, labrador2 said:

I just switched my existing booking to the Veterans sale! Used the chat feature. Super easy and fast. Much faster than than waiting to talk to a rep on the phone. Don't try to do it yourself on this completely ridiculous website. It won't be accurate! Saved a ton of money and got more perks! The deposit changed to non-refundable but the penalty for cancelling before final payment is $100 per person with the remainder of the deposit having to be used to book a future cruise within 12 months. You don't have to go on the cruise within 12 months, just book it. Such a great sale!!!! Saved about $2000 in cash and perks! 

The difference in what I paid from.my original booking which was an oceanview deck 6 obstructed to concierge mid ship on 12 was $277 Canadian dollars with 4 perks. The way I look at it is if I had just one martini per day and had to pay my own gratuities I've broken even.  

7 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

I'm not sure I understand  the internet element -- is it one two device package per stateroom or per first two passengers?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2576858-how-does-the-free-internet-perk-work/?do=findComment&comment=55555535

"If you got the Unlimited Wifi as one of your perks. Each of you will receive a free internet account. You simply logon when on the ship and provide Portfolio Number (on key card) and create a username and 4 digit passcode.

You can stay connected 24 hours a day. The speed is relatively slow - like your old dial up modem speed."

"When you login to a different device, the system will ask if you want to logout of the other device, and if you agree, the system will do it automatically. I was switching between three devices with absolutely no problem.

Our speed was slow, but not as painful as some times in the past. I was working with a few large files, which downloaded without problem, but after working on them, the system didn't like me uploading.emailing them. Oh well, it is satellite based in the middle of the ocean."

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Sale is over but website pricing is bazaar....7 day Edge cruise Jan 26.  How are 2 perks worth over $1000????image.thumb.png.feef40854bdc760132641626506f6969.png

The price screen on the left is for no perks & non-refundable deposit.  The price screen on the right includes 2 perks and the deposit is refundable.  Unfortunately, Celebrity site does not show price with perks & non-refundable deposit.  You have to call in and talk to a TA to get price for that combination.

16 minutes ago, lawk said:

Does anyone have the invoice code for the premium beverage package? I would like to confirm on my invoice that I was given the correct package. Thanks. 

Post your code, might be easier to decipher the code than to tell you the exact code, as there may be different codes based on cruise length etc.

1 hour ago, bebe08 said:

Sale is over but website pricing is bazaar....7 day Edge cruise Jan 26.  How are 2 perks worth over $1000????

ITA.  Beyond bizarre on occasion!  Earlier today I saw  4 perks listed for best price only and also classic drinks perk without the $14 pd surchage.  However, it seems to have  been corrected  before I could enlist the services of my TA 🤨

39 minutes ago, el820 said:

Re: Premium Beverage Pkg that came with the 4 perks...is the gratuity also included?  If I order a drink on the ship with this package, will they tag on 15% or 20% gratuity? 

Yes, gratuity is included. No, you will not pay any extra on ordering a drink on board.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Yes, gratuity is included. No, you will not pay any extra on ordering a drink on board.

Thanks for the clarification!

I'll need to decide if I want to complete the booking with these perks.  It was cheaper with the previous KSF promo but that has sailed.  Although we are not big drinkers, this still seems pretty good.  Will I be able to pass drinks (non-alcohol :D) to my kids with this offer? We never had drink packages before so I'm not sure how strict cruise liners are with forcing the rule.

40 minutes ago, el820 said:

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification!

I'll need to decide if I want to complete the booking with these perks.  It was cheaper with the previous KSF promo but that has sailed.  Although we are not big drinkers, this still seems pretty good.  Will I be able to pass drinks (non-alcohol :D) to my kids with this offer? We never had drink packages before so I'm not sure how strict cruise liners are with forcing the rule.

Technically sharing a beverage package is NOT allowed - and if you are caught the cruiseline has the right to revoke your beverage package.