Hotel Princess Seattle

Amtrack Springfield

There aren't any hotels near the port. Downtown hotels will run from $200 USD and up. Out near the airport hotels are cheaper .

Where to stay will depend on what time and how far before the cruise you arrive. Princess I think uses thr westin downtown for about $400 per night , this includes transfer from the airport to the ship and to the ship on embarkation day.

Homewood Suites 'Downtown' (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/seahwhw-homewood-suites-seattle-downtown/ - actually just over a mile south of the port) is just about the closest.  We stayed there in June and July (pre-cruise and post-cruise) 2018 and liked it and the location (nearby restaurants, walked to Chihuly Museum and Gardens, the Space Needle, and Pike Place Market (the latter was about a 1 mile walk).  Our taxi to/from the port was about $10 (a van for 7 people).

Last Summer, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Seattle Downtown on 5th Ave. North. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the Smith Cove cruise terminals (pretty much straight East of the cruise port). The only downside of it was that the hotel was undergoing renovation and so the grounds and some areas of the hotel were kind of messy and torn up, but it was convenient, clean in the guest accessible areas and the staff was quite nice. Oh and there's the free breakfast every morning. It's just a few blocks North of the Space Needle and the attractions surrounding. The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you from the hotel to the port, sorry I didn't catch the cost (we had a private car arranged) but I'm sure it's very reasonable (e.g. maybe $7-8/per person).

Edited by joepeka

I have stayed at both the Hampton and Homewood spoken of.  Both are in good locations and close to pier.  I took a cab both times.  Complementary breakfast is handy to start the day.  Homewood doesn't have lots of restaurants nearby.  There was a pub/lounge close  y but can't comment if any good as didn't eat there.  There was a handy convenience store half a block away that sold beer and wine.  Other odds and ends if you forgot to pack something.  Hampton there are also places nearby for food and drinks.  Pricing is in area is higher but convenience is being close by pier.

22 minutes ago, Bdnclc said:

Homewood doesn't have lots of restaurants nearby.  There was a pub/lounge close  y but can't comment if any good as didn't eat there. 

Queen Anne Beerhall (http://www.queenannebeerhall.com/) is in the same block.  Our family group (6 adults, one toddler) enjoyed it -especially after traveling all day from the east coast.  There are other restaurants in the Queen Anne neighborhood too.  If interested just google Restaurants Near Homewood Suites Downtown Seattle and the TripAdvisor result lists many within a matter of blocks.

Double tree Hilton was the hotel Princess used near the airport in October for us. Their hotel downtown was waitlisted and I don't remember which one it was. We really liked this hotel and we were able to use the Seattle light rail to get downtown for sightseeing.  And it was a lot less than $300.

Edited by Happy2BCruzing

We stay at Seattle downtown 4 Points.  It is on Queen Ann Hill walking distance from space needle and the tram.  Usually have a promotion for stay, full breakfast from the menu in their restaurant and a shuttle to the peer. Close enough to the peer that a cab is about $10 plus tip.  Seattle puts so many taxes on your stay the the room rate really runs up so be sure to check final price after the outlandish taxes...they even have a tax for leaving your car in the hotel garage!

Last year we (4 family members) stayed at a La Quinta Inn near the airport for a reasonable cost for our rooms. We arrived the afternoon before embarkation, and took the hotel shuttle from airport to hotel. There were restaurants in the immediate area, as well as a liquor store very nearby (so we were able to purchase wine to take onboard on embarkation). They offered the usual free morning breakfast buffet. The rooms were comfortable, and the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.  We used the Seattle Express shuttle to go the port.  Definitely less pricey than a cab or car service. And our shuttle driver was great … he even gave us a mini-tour  of Seattle, complete with narration, enroute to the port. We had pre-booked the shuttle online, and bought r/t fares so that was also our transportation back to the airport at the end of the cruise. We'd certainly do the same thing if/when we go back to AK.

IMO, the fact that when you use hotels booked thru Princess, the room rate is per person, not per room, is a deterrent to using their hotels, even if they do include the transfers. One can do much better booking hotels and arranging transportation  themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

We used the Seattle Express shuttle to go the port.  Definitely less pricey than a cab or car service. And our shuttle driver was great … he even gave us a mini-tour  of Seattle, complete with narration, enroute to the port. We had pre-booked the shuttle online, and bought r/t fares so that was also our transportation back to the airport at the end of the cruise. We'd certainly do the same thing if/when we go back to AK.

For large groups needing transportation to/from airport/downtown I can recommend Seattle Express.  We had a private van for our group of 7 (summer 2018) and the cost was $98 in each direction and included gratuity.

If you are going a few days before your cruise, I can suggest two hotels right in easy walking distance of all the downtown places to see and close to the monorail to the Needle.  Prices aren't too bad(book through booking.com and don't have to pre-pay).  The two I like are "The Paramount Hotel" and the "Hyatt at Olive 8."  Then you just take a taxi to the port on the day of embarkation.  Depending on traffic it will cost w/o tip, about $15-25 for two.  Total costs for these hotels range from $290-315 per night for a July visit(all taxes and fees included as base price quite different from total price!  Grin. Prices for their basic rooms are less)

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

On 11/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, Amtrack Springfield said:

Does anyone know what hotels Princess uses in Seattle? We are going on an Alaska cruise in August, 2020. Do you suggest any hotels near port or downtown. The prices for hotels are $300.00 a night.  

Princess uses the Westin which is located in downtown Seattle and the DoubleTree which is on International Blvd right across from SeaTac Airport. (There are 2 DoubleTree hotels located in SeaTac, one by SouthCenter Mall and the one by the airport so if you go there, make sure you're talking about the right one.)

If you use the Princess transfer from the hotel to the pier, your bags will be picked up from your room on the morning of embarkation and the next time you will see them will be when they arrive at your stateroom on the ship, so make sure that you keep your travel documents with you and don't leave them in your bags! Your travel documents will be checked by pier staff at the hotel at around 7:30-8:00am and you will be loaded onto buses and depart the hotel around 10:15-10:45am. These are the normal times and may vary a bit on occasion.  If you are arranging your own transportation you may want to use the hotel concierge to arrange for transportation through Seattle Express or a limo service for pickup at the hotel.

Tom

Check the Westin prices for your timeframe. If the 2020 rate is near the 2019 rate on the Princess site, this is a very good price for a downtown hotel in Seattle and it's in a good location. It would be much better to be downtown than at the airport.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/ports-shared/seattle-washington/

4 hours ago, flamomo said:

Last year we (4 family members) stayed at a La Quinta Inn near the airport for a reasonable cost for our rooms. We arrived the afternoon before embarkation, and took the hotel shuttle from airport to hotel. There were restaurants in the immediate area, as well as a liquor store very nearby (so we were able to purchase wine to take onboard on embarkation). They offered the usual free morning breakfast buffet. The rooms were comfortable, and the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.  We used the Seattle Express shuttle to go the port.  Definitely less pricey than a cab or car service. And our shuttle driver was great … he even gave us a mini-tour  of Seattle, complete with narration, enroute to the port. We had pre-booked the shuttle online, and bought r/t fares so that was also our transportation back to the airport at the end of the cruise. We'd certainly do the same thing if/when we go back to AK.

IMO, the fact that when you use hotels booked thru Princess, the room rate is per person, not per room, is a deterrent to using their hotels, even if they do include the transfers. One can do much better booking hotels and arranging transportation  themselves.

I have  to second this.   If you are arriving later in the day or early evening this is a good hotel to stay .  Easy to get to, lots of local restaurants  to walk to.   The Thai restaurant the hotel recommended is great.    We also used Seattle Express both ways.  I would only stay  Downtown if you had never been there before and you had at least a full day to see the sites.   

Hello,  I stayed at the Marriott waterfront.  It is across from Norwegian Cruise Line pier.   Pikes Market is up the hill; about a five min walk.  The waterfront has lots of places to eat. Space Needle and Pop culture museum are about a mile from hotel; we took lyft to space needle; price was $4.50 for four of us.  Hotel shuttle took us to pier 91.  We paid $7 for hotel shuttle

On 11/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, Amtrack Springfield said:

We are going on an Alaska cruise in August, 2020. Do you suggest any hotels near port or downtown. The prices for hotels are $300.00 a night.  

In Seattle I stay Downtown.  The two places I've stayed there that are under $200 in August 2020 and that I can recommend (and definitely would stay at again) are:

1. Executive Hotel Pacific:

-- Currently as low as Total* $165 Friday, $185 Saturday nights in August.

-- 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market.

-- Here I prefer a High floor, nearest the corner, on the Spring Street side for a view of the Central Library.

-- https://www.executivehotelseattle.com/

-- https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d100547-Reviews-Executive_Hotel_Pacific_Seattle-Seattle_Washington.html

2.  Moore Hotel:

-- Currently as low as Total* $186 Friday or Saturday nights in August for room with ensuite bathroom.

-- 5 minute walk to Pike Place Market.

-- Here I prefer the Top floor, on the 2nd Ave side for a possible peekaboo Puget Sound view.

-- https://www.moorehotel.com/

-- https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d100544-Reviews-Moore_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

*Found by using a major 3rd-party travel website search.

If you cannot find a hotel in your price range, look into Stay Alfred.  I used them (through AirBNB) when we stayed in Seattle in 2016.  You can probably find something reasonable.  We stayed 5 nights at less than $150 a night and we were literally less than a block from Pike Place Market. 

Just remember that if you book a hotel through Princess you will get transfers included but you will also pay roughly the hotel rack rate PER PERSON.  We prefer staying at an airport hotel and then take Shuttle Express from the airport parking garage to the ship.  If you haven't been to Seattle before you would probably want to stay downtown.  The West Coast board has lots of hotel and transportation suggestions:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

SEATTLE

Doubletree Seattle-

Tacoma Airport Hotel

The perfect choice for guests

needing an extra night in

Seattle, adjacent to the Seattle-

Tacoma Airport and 20 minutes

south of downtown Seattle.

1 NIGHT FROM $169 ADDITIONAL NIGHTS FROM $119

Westin Hotel

Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, close to popular attractions — including Pike Place Market and the Space Needle.

1 NIGHT FROM $199

ADDITIONAL NIGHTS FROM $129

Note: Seattle packages are available only in conjunction with Emerald Princess® and Ruby Princess® sailings.

--------------------------------------

If you are going to use Princess hotels, I would book ASAP. They fill up quickly. They include transportation from airport to hotel and then to the ship. Prices are per person. 

Edited by Coral