Unexplained Cabin Change

luci

We booked the inaugural B2B Panorama cruise in March, 2018. We had booked the same room for both cruises. Suddenly, our 3 day is the same room, but our 7 day was changed with no notice to either us or our travel agent. The only answer we can get is “Carnival can do that”. We specifically book mid ship, as I am susceptible to motion sickness and forward is not a good choice for me. In all the cruises we have taken, this has never happened. Some kind of answer other than “Carnival can do that”, would be nice.

Has anyone had this happen to you?

We had our room changed once, I emailed (so I would have a record) Carnival explaining why I had selected that particular cabin and was able to get them to switch us back to the original room. In our case it was because we had 3 people in a room that could hold 4, but I wanted a Murphy Bed for our son rather than a trundle. Carnival was within their right, but they did move us back to the original room.

• Like 2

Hi

I don't know why they may have done this, but the number of people issue sounds plausible to me.

Have you thought about asking your TA to try to get another cabin for both segments? Maybe you could still get an equivalent mid-ship room that way if the TA switches your original 3 day room and tries to keep the 7 day one the same as a new 3 day one. It's not the best option I am sure, but better than having to switch cabins on the B2B. 

Amy

• Like 1

It is a Deluxe Ocean View.  Deck 1. From midship to 20 rooms forward. 3 rooms from forward category. Now we notice they changed our booking from assigned dining to YTD. Just not happy with last minute changes. Not like we are 1st time cruisers with Carnival. Just need to rant. Thank you to all of you for your suggestions. 

Geez, a double whammy. If it's any consolation, I was upset about only having an option of YTD on my last cruise, but found it was really good on Vista. Maybe that holds true on Panorama. 

Seriously, though, if you haven't yet I would check with your TA about switching both segments to see if it works out. Might as well try. 

I would just call customer service and ask.  We got moved down the hall once, had a balcony room still but it seemed weird.  I called and they told us that it was because it was a room for 4 people and there were only 2 of us.  Made sense, no big deal.  

1 hour ago, luci said:

It is a Deluxe Ocean View.  Deck 1. From midship to 20 rooms forward. 3 rooms from forward category. Now we notice they changed our booking from assigned dining to YTD. Just not happy with last minute changes. Not like we are 1st time cruisers with Carnival. Just need to rant. Thank you to all of you for your suggestions. 

I'm sure you will have a great cruise, but it is unsettling to have things changed from under you at the last minute.

12 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

I would just call customer service and ask.  We got moved down the hall once, had a balcony room still but it seemed weird.  I called and they told us that it was because it was a room for 4 people and there were only 2 of us.  Made sense, no big deal.  

Customer service won't help her.  She booked through a TA.  The TA will have to be the one to deal with it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, luci said:

How many of you are in cabin?  Did the one you have hold more than that amount of people?

We have had this type cabin before. There are 2 of us. They call it Deluxe Ocean View, maybe a larger window? I'm sure our cruise will be fun. Just annoying between Carnival's changes and our TA not returning calls. From now on out, we will be booking on our own. Sometimes you just get lazy and don't want to handle it yourself. Lesson well learned.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am disappointed in Carnival. We were able to move closer to midship, but not the original cabin we booked. That means packing our stuff after 3 days, to move 10 cabins away. Needless to say, we won’t be unpacking much. 
We couldn’t change our 1st cabin  to match our 2nd Cabin as the ship was booked, yet they offered us an upgrade for $$.
We aren’t first time cruisers. “Frequent floaters” is what our friends call us. Just a simple, “we did this, for this reason...” would be nice. 

Edited by luci

If you booked directly with Carnival, this could of been avoid as it would be easy to fix by calling carnival when you first noticed it. Since you had issues contacting your TA, this caused delays that allowed to cabin to be assigned to someone else. This is why i like book directly with Carnival and hate dealing with TA

• Like 3

OP,  I'm sorry this happened to you!  This totally sucks.  It's exactly my fear.  My family of four is booked in a GS with a 5-person capacity for both legs of our January Elation BTB.  When I booked (400-and-some days out), I mentioned my fear of being moved for either of our legs to my PVP and asked if Carnival might do that to us, based on the room for one extra person in our Suite (there are other Suites on the ship that only hold 4).  My PVP assured me it would not happen - that we will not be bumped from our room.  Although that set my mind (mostly) at ease, your situation has got me worrying about it all over again.😟 

I hope you can get this situation sorted out to your satisfaction.  Good luck!

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

If you booked directly with Carnival, this could of been avoid as it would be easy to fix by calling carnival when you first noticed it. Since you had issues contacting your TA, this caused delays that allowed to cabin to be assigned to someone else. This is why i like book directly with Carnival and hate dealing with TA

Bingo! 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, luci said:

We booked the inaugural B2B Panorama cruise in March, 2018. We had booked the same room for both cruises. Suddenly, our 3 day is the same room, but our 7 day was changed with no notice to either us or our travel agent. The only answer we can get is “Carnival can do that”. We specifically book mid ship, as I am susceptible to motion sickness and forward is not a good choice for me. In all the cruises we have taken, this has never happened. Some kind of answer other than “Carnival can do that”, would be nice.

Has anyone had this happen to you?

I don’t advocate bothering John Heald with every trivial problem, but this time I would ask for his help on his Facebook page.

54 minutes ago, luci said:

Believe me, I tried. He told me to contact my TA. 🤷‍♀️

54 minutes ago, luci said:

Believe me, I tried. He told me to contact my TA. 🤷‍♀️

The only route you can take now is through your TA. I would stay on the TA until he or she gets an answer from Carnival. You deserve the courtesy of an explanation. Good luck.

Edited by skrufy
Addition
  • Like 1

Even if you didn't book directly with Carnival, this is a piece of garbage.  If you booked late and then had no option of the same cabin back to back, and still choose to book - that would be one thing.  But you booked early enough to have the same cabin B2B, and that is what anyone would want.  He should be making a big fuss.  And also, the first person on the bottom rung who answers the phone at Carnival is probably not going to have enough pull to make a change.  Asking for a manager, and after that his manager, etc, might be more helpful.  

I know its extra work for him, but if it weren't for the travel agent you might be able to do it yourself.  You can't.  He needs to step up.  At the very least, he should be asking for OBC or something to atone for this inconvenient cabin change.  I really thought it was not something a cruise line would do, that if you did not book a "guarantee" rate that you had your cabin once you booked it.  A deal's a deal.

• Like 1