Silver Dawn Voyages Changing?

Stumblefoot

I noticed today that three of Silver Dawn's first five voyages have been removed completely for sale from the SS website.  

• Oct 13 - Oct 23, 2021 - Athens to Barcelona
  • Oct 23 - Nov 2, 2021 - Barcelona to Lisbon
  • Nov 2 - Nov 15, 2021 - Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale

image.png.a16cbbe8bdd5578483e3184c07ac1374.png

With Silver Dawn's 2021 launch voyages following a very similar pattern to Silver Moon's 2020 launch voyages, I wonder if the uptake on Silver Dawn has been so poor since the Oct 15, 2019 itinerary press release that SS is already rejiggering the initial voyages.  @jollyjones, I know you are booked on the inaugural Dawn transatlantic, so wondering if you have received any notice of changes afoot by SS?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, Stumbles and Les, I finally did hear from SS who clearly decided the market could bear some more Med cruises.

The crossing moved from Nov 2nd to Nov 19th.

I was offered the option to move to the new dates, or take the Med cruise on the date closest to Nov 2nd, without a price change (I've already paid in full, as usual).

Since I have other plans in December, I opted to stay with the earlier dates and am doing the Med cruise 30th October. SS maintained my original price (which is much lower than the currently offered brochure price) but since I was moving from a 13 day to a 10 day cruise I got my TA to object slightly and they threw in some OBC, not a lot but enough to sweeten the deal.

I find Med cruises are usually pretty pricy and seldom have a lower solo supp so I haven't done many - this itinerary appeals as there are ports I haven't visited. And crossing the pond in late Nov/early Dec is starting to get a bit wintry.

So I am getting a more interesting itinerary at a price well below what I'd normally have to pay (and SS has eaten the extra port fees) on dates I'd prefer, in return for going from a 13 day to a 10 cruise. Just about worth it!

(And I am doing the Whisper crossing on Sep 8th so I'll have seen the pond ... again ...)

Edited by jollyjones

Hi Jolly.  Thanks for the update!

Glad to read you were offered new dates without a price change and coupled with an extra OBC kicker.  SS has certainly taken a different pricing approach with these initial Dawn voyages as compared to what they had done with the Muse and Moon.  I know for us, we're going to take a wait and see approach with the Dawn initially.

I look forward to watching what SS plans to do with the two new evolution class ships one of which is to enter service in 2022.  Ever since the Cloud and Wind were introduced, each subsequent classic ship class has been been larger than the last.  And, with the recent Spirit stretching, SS will have four ships in the same class.  So, will these two new evolution class ships be ever larger still?  Who knows?