Baltic, Iceland, Norway and the U.K.on a cruise

With our shopping done , we came back a little early .

DSC07724_zpsokl8awaf.jpg

Walking through this place we remembered a wine and cheese tasting event in 2006

IMG_2752%202_zpssdfdvyg8.jpg

DSC07731%202_zpsisrh6syc.jpg

One soft cheese tasted so horrible that I spit it out and frantically tried to wipe the nasty taste off , but to no avail .

Back on the ship we realized that some new neighbors had moved in .

IMG_2878%202_zps0unzq1lb.jpg

IMG_2886%202_zpsnzkzey9a.jpg

IMG_2893%202_zpsd7gpyypt.jpg

Not long before our departure time there was an announcement looking for several passengers . They did make it back when they felt like it with some applause .

IMG_2894%202_zpsix7qvm4k.jpg

After sail away we were eating some snacks on the balcony 

IMG_2909%202_zpscsizxw5h.jpg

There was a large flock of aggressive seagulls in a feeding frenzy landing on our rails and dropping their droppings on our deck and the 4th floor deck that sticks out from the ship . We clapped to shoo them away but they were persistent . When we looked around the side of the ship we noticed that they were being hand fed .

On our 1st to Stockholm we could walk to Gamla Stan . On our 2nd we  could take a shuttle to ride the 2.8 miles to Gamla Stan . On the Zuiderdam there was no shuttle . You could use a HOHO or walk . We were do in port at 8 but cleared 7:15 , before the Pinnacle was open . We went to boat the bus as soon as we could . Ours was at the end in the sunlight .

IMG_3027%202_zpspvw3ndli.jpg

The sun was quite bright and after about 25 minutes we left .The first stop was the Norway Museum 15 minutes later . We wanted to go to the next stop but we were told to get off now . We asked when he would begin the hoho route and he said later . We decided to walk the waterfront to the next HOHO boat pickup .

IMG_9581_zps21iyij6d.jpg

The Vasa Museum was also closed

IMG_9582_zpsl6bipcsk.jpg

Looking for our HOHO boat

DSC07784%202_zps3hxfpk6x.jpg

DSC07792%202_zpspb2u2ihv.jpg

We came to the ABBA Museum also closed .

I wasn't a major fan of their music in the day but I never remembering Agnetha looking sooo beautiful  before .

DSC07798%202_zpsyuaegnrq.jpg

1 hour ago, Lagerta said:

As always, wonderful photographs! Made me miss my Baltic adventures. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Well thank you. It's such a nice area with all of the art , history and architecture . There's so many cultures so very close together . The Baltic was an add on since we booked 14 day cruise first and we thought later we're there so why not ? 

IMG_9564_zpsflrvtnso.jpg

We were let off the bus at the green B and walked to the green D next to the amusement park

IMG_9646_zpsqd9b1zfl.jpg

DSC07811%202_zps0dl5pxub.jpg

Where we waited for the right boat - about an hour .

DSC07816%202_zpsht8w97zk.jpg

Another wrong boat 

DSC07824%202_zps5s7ka4fm.jpg

The right one packed to the gills . We had been in the sun for over 1-1/2 hours and we had a Swedish sunburn .

IMG_9584_zpsz44r3qdv.jpg

When we got off by the AIDA ship there were many people waiting for our 2 spots . It's about a 30 minute walk to Gamla Stan 

DSC07825%202_zpsb7apyg1m.jpg

19 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

It sure is and we went a different route on the sail out .

If I may say so, I think this is very unlikely that you went a different route on the way out.

Your ship was Zuiderdam right? It is almost 300 m long so according to the regulations for the fairways around Stockholm the only way in/out for ships longer then 245 m (~800 foot) is via Furusund and there is only one way to get there for large cruise ships.

Also the museum is called Nordiska museet (the Nordic museum) and not Norway museum. 😉
As for the Vasa museum, during 1 September - 31 May its is open daily but do not open until 10 am.

Also for transport I can recommend using public transport, especially between Vasa museum and Gamla Stan. From Allmänna Gränd use Djurgårdsfärjan (line nr 82) to Gamla Stan.

Edited by Desdichado62
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

If I may say so, I think this is very unlikely that you went a different route on the way out.

Your ship was Zuiderdam right? It is almost 300 m long so according to the regulations for the fairways around Stockholm the only way in/out for ships longer then 245 m (~800 foot) is via Furusund and there is only one way to get there for large cruise ships.

Also the museum is called Nordiska museet (the Nordic museum) and not Norway museum. 😉
As for the Vasa museum, during 1 September - 31 May its is open daily but do not open until 10 am.

Also for transport I can recommend using public transport, especially between Vasa museum and Gamla Stan. From Allmänna Gränd use Djurgårdsfärjan (line nr 82) to Gamla Stan.

Thank you , hopefully the public transportation information may help others in the future .

17 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We thought that she was Irish through Cork until we visited there but she may be a little more English than we thought .

Rosie has heritage from Sweden along with many other countries (Danish, English, Irish, German).