IMG_5922%202_zps5bzhrwtq.jpg

IMG_5928%202_zpsjwciiij0.jpg

And the birds showed us where they were

IMG_5933%202_zpsjkf5v3qf.jpg

IMG_5956%202_zpsyf1tk83b.jpg

IMG_5977%202_zpsfz9hexfu.jpg

The other ship was approaching them and us at a high rate of speed

IMG_5989%202_zpswubut05c.jpg

And while we didn't see them as close as we did in Antarctica , we still felt blessed to see them at dinner time 

IMG_2797%202_zpsjygvpo7r.jpg

IMG_2793%203_zpszdvbjzx0.jpg

IMG_3781%20-%20Copy_zpssiwcs4jf.jpg

IMG_3779%20-%20Copy_zpsosorktzh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We met our guide and driver , Bessa on a foggy day and stopped not far away

IMG_6067%202_zpsuh2ovqzk.jpg

She scooped up some of the running water and we toasted the day , the place and each others company

IMG_6052%202_zps975umnlg.jpg

It was still foggy when we left

IMG_6059%202_zpskj7znkjv.jpg

Which way do we go ?

DSC08603%202_zpsondf2zm5.jpg

Through the mountain of course !

DSC08605%203_zps9pdf5vlc.jpg

When we exited the tunnel it was like Dorothy opening the door from inside the black and white house to look at the color of OZ

DSC08606%202_zps9frdotjo.jpg

DSC08608%202_zpss8fdlrya.jpg

DSC08607%202_zps0jq7zflz.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

IMG_6954%202_zps8ky5rspz.jpg

It's a pony?? 🤔 It's so little. Very cute. 

Andrew ZImmern wrecked everything for me and my puffin love when he did an episode of his Bizarre Foods show in the Faroe Islands (which was incredible) and they went to catch puffins and then later, eat them. Turns out there are too many of them in the area and so catching them was sort of...necessary? The segment on catching lagoustines was easier to take in. 😉

Spectacular photos and context as always, I am late catching up. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful journeys with us.  

32 minutes ago, Host Bonjour said:

It's a pony?? 🤔 It's so little. Very cute. 

Andrew ZImmern wrecked everything for me and my puffin love when he did an episode of his Bizarre Foods show in the Faroe Islands (which was incredible) and they went to catch puffins and then later, eat them. Turns out there are too many of them in the area and so catching them was sort of...necessary? The segment on catching lagoustines was easier to take in. 😉

Spectacular photos and context as always, I am late catching up. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful journeys with us.  

Yes it's a Shetland pony and I saw the look in my wife's eyes . She was thinking adoption . I'm glad that we missed that episode of Bizarre Foods .  If you see him please don't tell Andrew about the ponies . 🙄

We did see Gordon Ramsey catch and eat puffins though but he got a nose job from the puffin in the process . Rated F .

• Haha 1

You missed the two best parts of that tunnel:

A) It has a turn in the middle.  You can see that in the street sign but to be inside a road tunnel and have a choice of going straight or turning right was really weird

B) It only has one lane, but is bi-directional.  It tells you at the entrance if you have the right of way or not, and if you don't, there are pullouts every 1000 feet or so, so if you see headlights coming and you don't have the right of way, you best get out of the way!

In the distance we could see Dynjandi

IMG_6133%202_zpsgohgobgo.jpg

It is a series of 6 waterfalls and the largest at the top being described as a wedding cake or a wedding veil

IMG_0596%202_zpslkrkp2xd.jpg

The upper waterfall is about 100 M or about 300' . We could see that we would have a lot of glare and sunlight in our face that would reduce the quality of the photos .

IMG_0595%203_zpst5dn6mz9.jpg

We left Bessa in the parking lot to begin our climb

DSC08629%202_zpsqnqtjuqn.jpg

On 1/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yes it's a Shetland pony and I saw the look in my wife's eyes . She was thinking adoption . I'm glad that we missed that episode of Bizarre Foods .  If you see him please don't tell Andrew about the ponies . 🙄

We did see Gordon Ramsey catch and eat puffins though but he got a nose job from the puffin in the process . Rated F .

Gordon had it coming 😉 

No warning about the that....um....finale: puffin shucking? The F bombs I can handle, the uh cooking preparations, not so much, but thanks for the alert. 😳 

Ah, a shetland pony. I could see why your wife took a shine to them. Some people have dogs bigger than that so really, would it be a problem? I think I thought it was a goat? Luckily, I've never seen a food show where they cooked a shetland pony. Can't say the same for goats. If I see Andrew roaming around the city, I'll pass on the message. I think he lives in these parts but is often also on the road eating...bizarre things. Hopefully not shetlands. 

I see messages above that says Photobucket isn't responding. Have you used Flickr? I don't know if it works on here so I maybe shouldn't suggest if I don't know about it but you can host edited images there for free. 

Keep the photos and vids coming! 🙂 Let us know when the pony arrives...

More waterfalls and climbing ahead

IMG_6154%202_zpstok3lmsa.jpg

The lower flatter part had handrails

IMG_6156%202_zpsqzfiapks.jpg

IMG_6160%202_zpsrsdsglke.jpg

IMG_6161%202_zpsrnc29wjt.jpg

IMG_6163%202_zpsqtnqvbjj.jpg

IMG_6169%202_zpsgkb8afv8.jpg

It was about this point that we encountered the Midges small swarming bugs that flew into your eyes , ears and nostrils . So far , so good with the climb . Please note the difference in the sky and the colors in the photos when we look up toward the water fall or back toward the valley and parking lot 

IMG_6175%202_zps7j7865wr.jpg

• Like 1