Baltic, Iceland, Norway and the U.K.on a cruise

10 minutes ago, Host Bonjour said:

Gordon had it coming 😉 

No warning about the that....um....finale: puffin shucking? The F bombs I can handle, the uh cooking preparations, not so much, but thanks for the alert. 😳 

Ah, a shetland pony. I could see why your wife took a shine to them. Some people have dogs bigger than that so really, would it be a problem? I think I thought it was a goat? Luckily, I've never seen a food show where they cooked a shetland pony. Can't say the same for goats. If I see Andrew roaming around the city, I'll pass on the message. I think he lives in these parts but is often also on the road eating...bizarre things. Hopefully not shetlands. 

I see messages above that says Photobucket isn't responding. Have you used Flickr? I don't know if it works on here so I maybe shouldn't suggest if I don't know about it but you can host edited images there for free. 

Keep the photos and vids coming! 🙂 Let us know when the pony arrives...

The puffin gave us a laugh before he died . We have the room for a Shetland pony but he probably would  not care for our heat and humidity here . One of our favorite shows is the Amazing Race and our guide  drove some of the people around when they filmed in the Shetlands . We have 10 days before our payment to Photobucket is due and if we don't pay it all of our photos on all of our threads would disappear from CC . Thanks for the recommendation as we will consider all our options at this point . Here's a little teaser video from our visit to Lerwick .

• Like 2

Our knees and the groups of people pushing past us on the steep , scree covered trail told us that this should be our turn around point

IMG_6203%202_zpsdx28jnhv.jpg

IMG_6202%202_zpstmkvugnb.jpg

IMG_6220%202_zps6p96z9c3.jpg

Pondering the descent and enjoying the view

IMG_6206%202_zpsvqqkgt6a.jpg

As we were going down and a group going up you can see a head net on the first guy and some midges on the camera lens in this video :

Almost there , we can see the bathrooms on the left

IMG_6207%202_zpskkmircdc.jpg

DSC00589_zpstibngzfn.jpg

• Like 1

We had reached our turnaround point 

DSC08662_zpsieflufjj.jpg

Our next stop was a museum at Hrafnseyri which Pat and I walked thru alone

DSC00634_zpss0plhwij.jpg

It was basically a time line showing World History with Icelandic History interwoven

DSC08631%202_zpsjyaekycr.jpg

DSC08639%202_zpsmbkdaglt.jpg

Toward the end we could hear some talking and singing

And as it turned out , we were there on the 17th of June

DSC08637%203_zpsesiiduoi.jpg

Which is the birthday of Jón Sigurðsson , the leader of Iceland's move to independence from Denmark . This is also his birthplace and the day is Icelandic National Day ( Independence Day )

DSC08642%202_zpsu3imo8ee.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

The puffin gave us a laugh before he died . We have the room for a Shetland pony but he probably would  not care for our heat and humidity here . One of our favorite shows is the Amazing Race and our guide  drove some of the people around when they filmed in the Shetlands . We have 10 days before our payment to Photobucket is due and if we don't pay it all of our photos on all of our threads would disappear from CC . Thanks for the recommendation as we will consider all our options at this point . Here's a little teaser video from our visit to Lerwick .

Oh my, I see why she wants one...absolutely adorable!! And it's got a kind of llama vibe to it as well. Very cute. Might not be keen on heat and humidity but then again, it might. 😉 Thank you for the teaser video.

I use Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes a bundle of tools like Lightroom, Photoshop, 20GB storage, and many other apps I haven't even tried yet. Very reasonable monthly price that costs less than my Hulu subscription (I don't have the live bundle) and gives me so much flexibility. No contract, can cancel anytime, and no I don't work with Adobe. Previously I have used Flickr, VSCO, Effects Studio, Diptic, but not all for the same reasons. Flickr was always one that was for posting a gallery of photos, and free but I haven't checked in lately to see if they've added pricing tiers; they probably have, like most apps. VSCO has, and the others never were free but I got Effects Studio for free early in Starbucks Rewards (they used to give aways apps every week!) and Diptic I bought, though it wasn't expensive but it's not meant to be a storage utility. 

Sorry I went off topic a bit. Now back to the beautiful Iceland photo/video review. Loving it!

1 hour ago, Host Bonjour said:

Oh my, I see why she wants one...absolutely adorable!! And it's got a kind of llama vibe to it as well. Very cute. Might not be keen on heat and humidity but then again, it might. 😉 Thank you for the teaser video.

I use Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes a bundle of tools like Lightroom, Photoshop, 20GB storage, and many other apps I haven't even tried yet. Very reasonable monthly price that costs less than my Hulu subscription (I don't have the live bundle) and gives me so much flexibility. No contract, can cancel anytime, and no I don't work with Adobe. Previously I have used Flickr, VSCO, Effects Studio, Diptic, but not all for the same reasons. Flickr was always one that was for posting a gallery of photos, and free but I haven't checked in lately to see if they've added pricing tiers; they probably have, like most apps. VSCO has, and the others never were free but I got Effects Studio for free early in Starbucks Rewards (they used to give aways apps every week!) and Diptic I bought, though it wasn't expensive but it's not meant to be a storage utility. 

Sorry I went off topic a bit. Now back to the beautiful Iceland photo/video review. Loving it!

Thanks for the tips .

DSC08688%202_zps7efzg3pp.jpg

Lobsterilla paid us a visit in our room

DSC08692%203_zpscppbuu62.jpg

Scenic fjord cruising

IMG_6261%202_zpskltvlyx7.jpg

IMG_6264%202_zpsmbrm0atc.jpg

IMG_6266%202_zpscbo8zeik.jpg

There were a couple of events that we missed on the ship . The night before we went to Isafordur they had the Polar Bear Plunge at 22:00 when we crossed into the Arctic Circle . When we were in Antarctica in January , we were on time for the plunge , but they had it early and so we missed it there also . They also had fish and chips at the Lido which had just closed after we returned to the Zuiderdam . We vowed to have some soon .

The Where and When for Reykjavik

DSC08715%202_zpsoixq46v9.jpg

DSC08717%202_zpsckjxqnqw.jpg

• Like 1

With an overnight in Reykjavik and the Midnight Sun we hoped to go to the glacier lagoon about 5 hours away but we couldn't find a guide that would take would take us there , so we settled for the South Shore . It was kinda bumpy coming in .

IMG_0601%202_zpsxkhzlcaw.jpg

IMG_6271%202_zpsmgt2i6vj.jpg

We felt a little awkward after meeting Jens ( My name is Yens ) . Because we were the only passengers in a 19 passenger vehicle  , we sat near Jens but he talked to us with a microphone and a PA system.

IMG_6280%202_zpsoijml0sj.jpg

We stopped here for a look at a glacier

IMG_6281%202_zpszwjw9r8f.jpg

IMG_0607%202_zpsyhfhvw6j.jpg

IMG_6295%202_zpskotr8qmh.jpg

• Like 1

If you map it out, the basalt in southern Iceland can be imagined to go across the waters and end at Giant's Causeway. 

Perhaps they are connected? 😉

Too bad you didn't have a sunny day at Skogafoss, there's pretty much a permanent rainbow there

10 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

If you map it out, the basalt in southern Iceland can be imagined to go across the waters and end at Giant's Causeway. 

Perhaps they are connected? 😉

Too bad you didn't have a sunny day at Skogafoss, there's pretty much a permanent rainbow there

Some of the countryside with the greens and hills reminded us of Ireland . We are scheduled to go back in August in the afternoon so perhaps we  will see the rainbow then . We finish in Boston for a couple days including Labor day so any places to visit there would be appreciated .

Heading back to the car park

IMG_6417%202_zpstrmqx2y9.jpg

IMG_6418%202_zpshehrnzus.jpg

IMG_6451%202_zpsese8zeva.jpg

Next stop

IMG_6454%202_zps3oh1wcyd.jpg

An overview of Vik

IMG_6460%202_zpsluzkgs11.jpg

From here

IMG_6470%202_zps7zdwjpwm.jpg

They seemed to have these stores at all of the ports . We stopped at a large one in Vik with a place eat . We tried the fish and chips and lamb soup .

DSC08725%202_zpslrrjdaif.jpg