Baltic, Iceland, Norway and the U.K.on a cruise

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

2021 -

Oct 29

Cruise Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (29 Oct d1600); George Town, Grand Cayman (31 Oct d1600); Oranjestad, Aruba (02 Nov d2359); Willemstad, Curacao (03 Nov d2200); Kralendijk, Bonaire (04 Nov d1600); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (07 Nov)

and Nov 7

Cruise Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (07 Nov d1600); St Croix, US Virgin Islands (10 Nov d1800); St Johns, Antigua (11 Nov d1600); Castries, St Lucia (12 Nov d1800); Bridgetown, Barbados (13 Nov d1800); St Georges, Grenada (14 Nov d1800); Roseau, Dominica (15 Nov d1800); Basseterre, St. Kitts (16 Nov d1700); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (19 Nov)

Sounds great . Port Everglades is our home port about an hour away .

They have been downgraded to Advice level but that is more because of where they are burning (in the national park away from properties) than the ferocity of the fire. It is working it's way along the range and valley's. The photo is from last night, still about 16kms away.

519379313_6Jan2020fire..jpg.c2f58c0b8258e10876868a2bd23b4e52.jpg

The good news is that there is rain falling for much of south Eastern australia, from Queensland down to Victoria, especially the coastal regions, which is helping put out many of the other fires, with rain all weekend forecast.

The bad news is that in some places they are getting flash floods now and that we haven't got any so far in Canberra.

43 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They have been downgraded to Advice level but that is more because of where they are burning (in the national park away from properties) than the ferocity of the fire. It is working it's way along the range and valley's. The photo is from last night, still about 16kms away.

519379313_6Jan2020fire..jpg.c2f58c0b8258e10876868a2bd23b4e52.jpg

The good news is that there is rain falling for much of south Eastern australia, from Queensland down to Victoria, especially the coastal regions, which is helping put out many of the other fires, with rain all weekend forecast.

The bad news is that in some places they are getting flash floods now and that we haven't got any so far in Canberra.

Wow , it's seems like it's been going on for a long time . We get muck fires in the Spring out in the Everglades where they burn under ground vegetation making it very hard to extinguish . 

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Wow , it's seems like it's been going on for a long time . We get muck fires in the Spring out in the Everglades where they burn under ground vegetation making it very hard to extinguish . 

A lot of this area is only able to be water bombed from the air, they also put the retardant down from the air to try and limit where the fire can go by providing a barrier away from the towns and properties. The trucks and such are basically are there to protect property and stop any spot fires. If the rain doesn't put it out it can burn until it runs out of bush.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:07 PM, MicCanberra said:

A lot of this area is only able to be water bombed from the air, they also put the retardant down from the air to try and limit where the fire can go by providing a barrier away from the towns and properties. The trucks and such are basically are there to protect property and stop any spot fires. If the rain doesn't put it out it can burn until it runs out of bush.

Hopefully you will get the right amount of rain in the right place .

On 2/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

We got 52 mm up to 9am this morning, most came overnight from 2am, the fires are still going but not as hard and there is another  big downpour forecast for today, up to 60mm so hopefully that will do it. Either way the weather conditions are much cooler and fire control will be easier.

@scubacruiserx2 Hi I have enjoyed many of our photos and your journey as we are doing part of the Baltic later this year. I will be cruising into Copenhagen in September - a Saturday and just curious if it is easy enough getting bus into main city or if I should organise a taxi before or just organise on the pier? I have a canal tour booked for 9.30 and the ship arrives at 8 am. Thanks for your thoughts

3 hours ago, kate59 said:

@scubacruiserx2 Hi I have enjoyed many of our photos and your journey as we are doing part of the Baltic later this year. I will be cruising into Copenhagen in September - a Saturday and just curious if it is easy enough getting bus into main city or if I should organise a taxi before or just organise on the pier? I have a canal tour booked for 9.30 and the ship arrives at 8 am. Thanks for your thoughts

Hi Kate and thank you . It was a bit of a walk to the bus stop and we don't know how often they run . We would recommend the taxis just outside as you leave . Perhaps you could share a ride with someone on your roll call . Have a great trip .

• Thanks 1