Nobody cruising Magic April 5 ????

grandmarnnurse

I am booked on a B2B on the Magic for April 5&11. We have had a roll call for April 11 for quite awhile, but there was none for April 5. I just started one yesterday, but there is nobody joining it. I’m baffled. Have you ever had a cruise with no roll call? And isn’t there anyone out there on that cruise? I just want to commiserate with fellow passengers, over the subject of the charter booked for the week before, on March 28. I am beyond upset about this, as it’s the Tom Joyner Charter, and they were the ones that created all the problems getting off the ship last time, thus holding up the next group of passengers from boarding. I have heard from others that they feel they don’t have to go by the same rules of debarkation as we all have to. In other words, they will leave the ship when they feel like it. This B2B cruise is for my 50th Anniversary, and I purchased FTTF for it as well. Hoping there are other cruisers out there that are cruising April 5, 2020 as well, and their opinion about this charter. 

I think your normal Caribbean sailings are starting to have less Roll Call activity. Find a unique sailing, and it will be have a lot more posters. I personally will stick with Cruise Critic. No thanks to the other one.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

I am booked on a B2B on the Magic for April 5&11. We have had a roll call for April 11 for quite awhile, but there was none for April 5. I just started one yesterday, but there is nobody joining it. I’m baffled. Have you ever had a cruise with no roll call? And isn’t there anyone out there on that cruise? I just want to commiserate with fellow passengers, over the subject of the charter booked for the week before, on March 28. I am beyond upset about this, as it’s the Tom Joyner Charter, and they were the ones that created all the problems getting off the ship last time, thus holding up the next group of passengers from boarding. I have heard from others that they feel they don’t have to go by the same rules of debarkation as we all have to. In other words, they will leave the ship when they feel like it. This B2B cruise is for my 50th Anniversary, and I purchased FTTF for it as well. Hoping there are other cruisers out there that are cruising April 5, 2020 as well, and their opinion about this charter. 

You have been given bad information.  I was on the Tom Joyner Cruise last year and it wasn't us that "took our time" getting off of the ship.  The ship came lose from the gang way and we were stuck on the ship for almost 2 hours before we could start disembarking again. In addition to that being a problem our luggage was not in any kind of order which further complicated things for us.  It was so chaotic and caused many people to miss their flights.  Carnival had to compensate many people because of the issue being caused by the issue with the ship; not the cruisers. 

Too add to that, we had delayed boarding as well.  People were text us to take our time getting to the pier because they were all standing outside in long lines waiting to board the ship.  If you would like clarification on what happened contact Christine Duffy with Carnival.  That's who emailed us and asked any of us that ended up missing flights and having to get hotels to contact her and send in our receipts so that we can get refunds.

1 hour ago, Chyna3032 said:

You have been given bad information.  I was on the Tom Joyner Cruise last year and it wasn't us that "took our time" getting off of the ship.  The ship came lose from the gang way and we were stuck on the ship for almost 2 hours before we could start disembarking again. In addition to that being a problem our luggage was not in any kind of order which further complicated things for us.  It was so chaotic and caused many people to miss their flights.  Carnival had to compensate many people because of the issue being caused by the issue with the ship; not the cruisers. 

Too add to that, we had delayed boarding as well.  People were text us to take our time getting to the pier because they were all standing outside in long lines waiting to board the ship.  If you would like clarification on what happened contact Christine Duffy with Carnival.  That's who emailed us and asked any of us that ended up missing flights and having to get hotels to contact her and send in our receipts so that we can get refunds.

Well, thank you for clarifying the problem, as I got my information from other posters. Let’s just hope that there are no issues with this year’s charter getting off the ship. 

20 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Well, thank you for clarifying the problem, as I got my information from other posters. Let’s just hope that there are no issues with this year’s charter getting off the ship. 

You're welcome, and we hope so as well.  It was no fun just sitting around waiting in whatever public areas had availabilty because we couldn't be in our cabins. 

On 11/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

From the post further in this thread, it seems you are sailing with the charter on your first week?

On 11/8/2019 at 1:16 AM, Host Kat said:

@grandmarnnurse

The Magic Roll Call thread you started has been merged into the already existing Roll Call thread. Here is the merged thread:

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I was told it was March 28, 2020. Not April 5. I think this is wrong, as our cruise is still posted as a regular cruise, and when I went to the Tom Joyner site, it was listed as March 28.

Edited by grandmarnnurse