What is a Vibe pass?

coprgeorge

Don't know the cost right now but it is an adult only pass to a private sundeck and private bar area. They only sell to so many people for the full time you are cruising. If you are a single or couple without kids and you are traveling when there are going to be lots of kids on the cruise, it is worth every cent. You need to get to where they are being sold as soon as you get on the ship, they get sold out fast.

56 minutes ago, coprgeorge said:

I'm new to NCL and will be cruising on the Encore in June 2020. I have seen some post about the Vibe pass, but am confused about what it costs and what is included with the pass. Any help is appreciated.

Private sundeck. So you get a lounge chair in the sun. You need to be one of the first people to board the ship because there are only a couple of hundred tickets for the 4500 passengers on the ship. Total waste of money. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Private sundeck. So you get a lounge chair in the sun. You need to be one of the first people to board the ship because there are only a couple of hundred tickets for the 4500 passengers on the ship. Total waste of money. 

I agree from what I have heard... never been to Vibe. Here are some observations I did see a couple weeks ago.

We got to Manhattan cruise terminal at 9:45 am and were in boarding group 14. We got in the Vibe line by mistake when trying to change restaurant reservations, and passes were still for sale. Maybe there was not too much demand because the weather was lousy.

There were some padded lounge chairs right outside the Vibe door and we parked there on the last sea day. Weather was nice. There was a bar right there which seemed to be an extension of the Vibe bar. When the door opened we could peer in and did not see many people, but the people there seemed to be close to the staff... hugging them, etc.

I am glad we did not spend the money because on this cruise anyway there were plenty of available places to sit and the bars were not crowded.

8 hours ago, coprgeorge said:

I'm new to NCL and will be cruising on the Encore in June 2020. I have seen some post about the Vibe pass, but am confused about what it costs and what is included with the pass. Any help is appreciated.

As far as I am concerned the VIBE is a rip off, that is all it is. OK, to be honest it is a private section of the ship, for sun bathing and enjoying a drink without the crowds. They have nice lounges, some chairs that are padded and top quality plus tables. The service is fantastic. Also there are a couple of covered hot tubs. So, if you like the feeling of being spoiled and well taken care of, the VIBE might be your thing. The cost on a 7 day cruise is $200 person. If you plan to do much sight seeing and there are only a few sea days, it is a lot of money for a couple of visits. Of course this is just one view, I know others that think it is well worth it. 

Vibe:

Padded loungers /umbrellas

Private Bar

waitstaff to bring you drinks

cold wash cloths to cool down

plenty of towels 

2 bathrooms

hot tubs

misting station

fresh fruit skewers

continental breakfast

And if your lucky enough to have Rommel (Vibe Bartender) he does "Shot O'Clock"

Anyone wanting one of his speciality shots just step up to the bar . It's usually not just 1 though. Yes he does take/make shot requests.

We enjoyed it on the Escape a few years ago (99.00 at the time) and the Vibe pax had a great time. 

We ran into 2 of our Vibe "family " on the Bliss a couple years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CazV said:

Encore Vibe is very different to those videos... and good luck with shot o'clock for 300 people 😉 

Just because it holds 300 people doesn't mean they will all be there. Not everyone will choose to participate.

Vibe on Escape about 80 pax , maybe 14 people participated.

If Rommel is the Vibe bartender "Shot O'Clock" is His thing.

• Like 3

I've gone for Vibe six times now, on four different ships, and to me it's worth it... I like having an escape from the crowds on the pool deck. I also enjoy being able to get a drink quickly, and by someone who knows what I want. On the Encore particularly, I think it's a must, unless you want to fight for the limited space around the pool...

• Like 3

We did the Vibe on our Bliss vacation.  The passes were $99 each.  It was nice and the bartenders were great. Our main issue was that the umbrellas were not open because of the wind.  It ended up being direct sun the whole time.  We enjoyed the Vibe, but I would like not pay anything over $100.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, cincicruisers said:

We did the Vibe on our Bliss vacation.  The passes were $99 each.  It was nice and the bartenders were great. Our main issue was that the umbrellas were not open because of the wind.  It ended up being direct sun the whole time.  We enjoyed the Vibe, but I would like not pay anything over $100.

When did you cruise on the Bliss?  I know they bumped the cost of Vibe, I believe, early this year.  I cruised on the Escape on its inaugural season and only paid $99 for the the entire cruise.  Back then $99 was a sweet deal for Vibe.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Great group and the bar tenders were excellent!! I doubt I would throw down $200+ for a Vibe pass.  

16 minutes ago, trummy said:

For those who have also sailed Carnival, what is the difference between the Vibe on NCL and the Serenity area on Carnival? This will be my first NCL cruise.

Vibe is an adults only area you need to pay for access to.  Serenity is also an adults only but its free and anyone can go in there. Last time, I was on Carnival, I saw kids running through the area.  

Just now, dennismacfitness said:

Vibe is an adults only area you need to pay for access to.  Serenity is also an adults only but its free and anyone can go in there. Last time, I was on Carnival, I saw kids running through the area.  

Thank you for answering. I am sorry you saw children. I have been on 9 carnival cruises, the most recent last month, and have never seen kids in the Serenity Area.

12 minutes ago, dennismacfitness said:

When did you cruise on the Bliss?  I know they bumped the cost of Vibe, I believe, early this year.  I cruised on the Escape on its inaugural season and only paid $99 for the the entire cruise.  Back then $99 was a sweet deal for Vibe.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Great group and the bar tenders were excellent!! I doubt I would throw down $200+ for a Vibe pass.  

We cruised Last February. 2019

Edited by cincicruisers