2:30pm flight from Barcelona to LAX after cruise question

1 hour ago, bearette said:

That is plenty of time. You will be fine. That is a perfect time.

This past May we easily made a 12:45pm flight home from BCN-LAX via JFK off our cruise on Vision....with a lot of time to spare...you'll have much more. Certainly no need for you to worry.

You might consider an earlier flight than 2:30pm...I certainly would.

Edited by Ashland

We have always found Barcelona airport to be very well organised and assuming you dock on time ( we always have )you should have absolutely no problem.

There are hundreds of taxis lined up to transport you to the airport €39 fixed rate which takes about 20 minutes and will be far quicker and certainly much cheaper than a RCCL transfer.

5 hours ago, travel_wendi said:

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas Med cruise. We may book a flight home from Barcelona to LAX at 2:30pm. I have heard immigration and all that takes awhile. Is this cutting our time too close? Is ii possible for us to make this flight?

Should be no problem at all.

Thank you everyone so much! I would love to take an earlier flight but this seems to be the most convenient and affordable, can’t wait! I would love to hear specifics on those particular cruise if anyone has been on it? I am sort of new to using cruise critic, how would I go about this? Thank you so much!

8 minutes ago, travel_wendi said:

Thank you everyone so much! I would love to take an earlier flight but this seems to be the most convenient and affordable, can’t wait! I would love to hear specifics on those particular cruise if anyone has been on it? I am sort of new to using cruise critic, how would I go about this? Thank you so much!

Check the ports of call forum.  Tons of information and advice on things to see and do, tour operators, etc.  Enjoy the Med.  It's been our favorite place cruising so far.

• Thanks 1

Just now, travel_wendi said:

What about 11:15 AM? How early can we get off the ship? I don’t want to get too close but I found another flight LOL

Do self carry off and you should be fine.  We made a 10:30 flight with plenty of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travel_wendi said:

What about 11:15 AM? How early can we get off the ship? I don’t want to get too close but I found another flight LOL

If you are first in the self-assist line, you could be off the ship as early as 30 minutes after arrival.

I would also recommend you use a taxi to get to the airport and avoid using some sort of shared transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1