Caribbean Included Excursions

Tothesunset

In March 2020 we will be on a Caribbean cruise on the Wind which includes an included excursion in each port. However, when I look at the excursions on MySilversea each one has a cost, none are shown as free. 

We've not had included excursions before - can anyone advise whether these should show on MySilversea and, if not, how to find out what the included excursions are. 

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Thanks for your reply. Interesting. None are showing on mine as $0!

I reckon they've worked out what a bargain you got and trying to recoup some dosh! lol

Whatever you do, dont take a tour in St Barts. Take a trip up to see the airfield and get back on for the extravaganza around you.

Same as beaujolas from my experience. Free trips were marked $0 (though i didnt see anything crossed out. ) Maybe thats a new thing?

I think there are only 2 ports on the itinerary that we haven't been to previously so it's highly likely our excursion requirements will be minimal. Nonetheless, when did an Irishman ever pass up free stuff? 

St Barts will definitely be no excursion. I think a few shandies on the Paranoia Lounge terrace while watching the regatta should be perfect. 

Good morning, I am sailing to the Caribbean in January and there are several excursions listed with $0.0. Maybe the

ones for March haven't been updated yet?

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I am sailing to the Caribbean in January and there are several excursions listed with $0.0. Maybe the

ones for March haven't been updated yet?

That's what I'm hoping. Sent an email off to SS to ask what's happening. Might even get a reply! 

Beaujolais, I hope for your sake the Shadow staff organise the excursions better that they did on the one we just left 😏

I never saw a crew member on any of the excursions and on one excursion (Patmos and the Caves) I tried to count the number of people on it ... I gave up at 40 !!!

Similar in Jerusalem ... guide walking off at speed and out of sight a lot of the time.

Not impressed at all.

Hi MBP&O2O

We've already been on 3 cruises on the Shadow this year and each cruise was excellant

I have a feeling that you were very unlucky with your cruise and it sounds as if SS cut back the

number of staff on board before the dry dock. Luckily we have been to the Caribbean many times

so even with Free Tours we will not be taking many

A number of "suits" will be on board with us in the Caribbean so I expect service etc. will be back

to how it should be

Will be aboard in December and report back.

There are excursions listed on the mysilversea page with no charge. 

Hope those planning to be aboard will sign up for the m and m.

And Yes There will be corporate suits aboard!

Edited by spinnaker2

5 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Problem solved. It was a misunderstanding of our booking - the free excursions have been added to the MySilversea section and those that we fancy have now been booked. 

Quick response to my email. All good. 

You were late to the party? I suppose its to be expected that places are not without limits, but if they've all gone in every port, that sounds a bit poor. I wasn't quite sure what to say on the Wind in April when told "no more Merlot on the ship".... I suppose its not far removed! Luckily there were other free choices though! 😀

1 hour ago, les37b said:

You were late to the party? I suppose its to be expected that places are not without limits, but if they've all gone in every port, that sounds a bit poor. I wasn't quite sure what to say on the Wind in April when told "no more Merlot on the ship".... I suppose its not far removed! Luckily there were other free choices though! 😀

No, I didn't make it clear. I meant that we have booked the excursions we wanted once the site was updated to show the included excursions. Actually, we've quite surprised ourselves by choosing 5 trips. We don't rate SS excursions usually because it's cheaper and often better to use a local tour operator. But am I going to turn my nose up at a charge of US$0 per trip? Are bears Catholic? Does the Pope sh** in the woods? 

Great, that was good. Don't want that pesky pope in the woods!

Mind you, the free one's in Vietnam were pretty poor. I expect these ones on the Caribbean will be too...... No harm if the case. Different if you've just spent hard cash doing so!

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

The best thing about excursions is that the ship is so quiet. Its like having one's own private yacht! 

I echo your sentiments...…...I have always enjoyed having that "YACHT" to myself.:classic_smile: