Price drop after the full payment due date?

lissie

I'm delighted that my better half can now get travel insurance - yeah!  We are considering a Syd  - PNG cruise on the QE next year - departs 17 Feb 2020. https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/Q007/Q007.summary

The price has already dropped quite a lot from what I saw in Sept (and was quoted the same by a TA inc on-board credit). 

The date when  all payments are due is the 19 Nov. So given that that's only about 10 days away - should I  wait  and expect a further price drop? We want a low, internal, mid-ships cabin (I'm an awful sailor) - and there seem to be plenty of choices still. I've never cruised - so I'm not sure how pricing works with cruiselines? I assume every cabin not sold is a loss-maker for them? And many people seem to book very early for cruises from what I've seen here and elswhere 

Hi,  We're on the two weeks before you so our final payment date has now passed … and the price has gone up!

37 minutes ago, lissie said:

should I  wait  and expect a further price drop? 

Given the short time frame (10 days) I can't fault your thinking apart from the word "expect". "Hope for" would probably be better.

But as you want one of a small group of cabins I wouldn't hang about too long. The Deck 1, Deluxe Insides are great cabins. We've been in them half a dozen times on both QE and QV.

Regards, Colin.

8 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Hi,  We're on the two weeks before you so our final payment date has now passed … and the price has gone up!

Given the short time frame (10 days) I can't fault your thinking apart from the word "expect". "Hope for" would probably be better.

But as you want one of a small group of cabins I wouldn't hang about too long. The Deck 1, Deluxe Insides are great cabins. We've been in them half a dozen times on both QE and QV.

Regards, Colin.

That's true -  TBH I'm so delighted at the moment that he's got insurance (and its not even expensive) I don't care what the cost of the cruise is! We have a get out of jail card - he no longer has to stay in NZ!  Yes the internal delux cabins are what our TA recommended  for the sea-sick prone. Its not like we're likely to spend any time in it anyways (unless I'm sick! ) 

13 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Do it with out delay. If you wait, you may find your self disappointed. The cabin category you want, may sell out. 

I understand that the 12 day December 22 QM2 sailing from New York is sold out except for the Grills.  It is possible if longer segments do not sell that some availability may come up;  but if you are looking at a very rare and desireable itinerary (say, a Caribbean cruise from New York NOT on NCL or Royal Caribbean),  you are likely to miss the boat if you hold off too long in hopes of a last minute deal.