NCL Bliss- New York Pre cruise hotel with parking??

1newf1not

Hello!!

Driving from Canada.

Looking to see if anyone has awesome suggestions for a hotel that is best value

and proximity to the port.   How you then got to the port.  Where did you park?

Norwegian Bliss: SHIP DEPARTS NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, US

Hoping you can help!

K

12 minutes ago, 1newf1not said:

Hello!!

Driving from Canada.

Looking to see if anyone has awesome suggestions for a hotel that is best value

and proximity to the port.   How you then got to the port.  Where did you park?

Norwegian Bliss: SHIP DEPARTS NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, US

Hoping you can help!

K

There are no hotels in NY City that offer park/sleep/cruise packages for the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Nor would you want to drive into Manhattan, park overnight at a hotel and then park at the cruise terminal because hotel parking is extremely expensive in Manhattan.

There are a couple of hotels in northern New Jersey not far from the George Washington Bridge that offer packages that include hotel, parking and transportation to and from the port. Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, both located in Ridgefield Park NJ offer them, or at least have offered them in the recent past. Check those out...and they're mentioned fairly often on this board so you should be able to find threads mentioning them. There may be one or two others whose names escape me at the moment.

Park at the pier and pay the $40/day.  It's a good rate for NYC and you won't find anything more convenient.

Stay anywhere in Manhattan the night before and park nearby as you can only enter the pier parking on the day you sale.

THE SKYLINE HOTEL SEEMS OK?

CLOSE TO THE SHIP AS WELL.

Thank you for your inquiry for The Skyline Hotel New York. Please note we are a Fully NON SMOKING HOTEL.

Below are the best available rates for the dates you requested. If you wish to confirm accommodations please email us a reply with this email attached. We will be happy to honor the below rates for 48 hours after this email is sent.

Rates are based on Single / Double occupancy. There is an additional fee of $20.00 per person each night. Children 12 or under are free.  Taxes are an additional 14.75% + $3.50 per night ($5.50 for suites) plus $21.00 + 8.75% for facility fee a night. We do not serve breakfast.

Twin Room

$N/A

Superior

$164.68

Deluxe King No Sofa Bed

$N/A

Deluxe Queen

$201.48

Executive King

$173.88

Junior Suite

$293.48

The Skyline Hotel applies a nightly $21.00 facility fee (plus taxes $22.86) for new reservations, which provides our guests with exclusive amenities and services, such as:

•           Complimentary Internet Access for up to 3 devices (per room).

•              Complimentary use of our new Coffee bar located in the upper lobby 6:00 AM - 10:30 AM.

•              Complimentary USA Newspaper in lobby.

•              Use of our Gym and Indoor Pool.

•              Special Parking Rates.

•              10% off at the Skyline Deli (directly across from the hotel).

•              Complimentary bottle of water upon check in.

•              Complimentary use of Business Center.

•              Unlimited Local and 800 calls.

•              Early check in (based on availability).

PARKING:   Car and Van Parking: Skyline Hotel offers discounted parking at the rate of $10.00 per night for In-house guests only - no in and out privileges

38 minutes ago, 1newf1not said:

THE SKYLINE HOTEL SEEMS OK?

CLOSE TO THE SHIP AS WELL.

Thank you for your inquiry for The Skyline Hotel New York. Please note we are a Fully NON SMOKING HOTEL.

Below are the best available rates for the dates you requested. If you wish to confirm accommodations please email us a reply with this email attached. We will be happy to honor the below rates for 48 hours after this email is sent.

Rates are based on Single / Double occupancy. There is an additional fee of $20.00 per person each night. Children 12 or under are free.  Taxes are an additional 14.75% + $3.50 per night ($5.50 for suites) plus $21.00 + 8.75% for facility fee a night. We do not serve breakfast.

Twin Room

$N/A

Superior

$164.68

Deluxe King No Sofa Bed

$N/A

Deluxe Queen

$201.48

Executive King

$173.88

Junior Suite

$293.48

The Skyline Hotel applies a nightly $21.00 facility fee (plus taxes $22.86) for new reservations, which provides our guests with exclusive amenities and services, such as:

•           Complimentary Internet Access for up to 3 devices (per room).

•              Complimentary use of our new Coffee bar located in the upper lobby 6:00 AM - 10:30 AM.

•              Complimentary USA Newspaper in lobby.

•              Use of our Gym and Indoor Pool.

•              Special Parking Rates.

•              10% off at the Skyline Deli (directly across from the hotel).

•              Complimentary bottle of water upon check in.

•              Complimentary use of Business Center.

•              Unlimited Local and 800 calls.

•              Early check in (based on availability).

PARKING:   Car and Van Parking: Skyline Hotel offers discounted parking at the rate of $10.00 per night for In-house guests only - no in and out privileges

It's OK I guess...I would call it "meh". 

Remember you're going to have to pay for parking at the cruise terminal after your night there...if you're on a 7 night cruise that will be $280 on top of what you'll be paying for the hotel. The $10 rate the hotel is quoting is only good for the days you're staying at the hotel, not for the time you're on the cruise.

Have you looked into any of the hotels in nearby NJ I mentioned in my first reply with packages that include hotel, parking for the duration of your cruise and transportation to and from the cruise terminal? You may find it to be cheaper than paying for a night at Skyline Inn and then parking at the cruise terminal.

Edit: In addition to the two hotels I named in my first post, Fairfield Inn and Suites in North Bergen NJ has a park/sleep/cruise package that can be booked through trinityreservations.com .

Edited by njhorseman

16 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It's OK I guess...I would call it "meh". 

I would maybe capitalize the M in "meh" for effect. 

It's cheap for Manhattan, I'll give them that. But I cant shake the memories years ago walking by this place when it was a total flophouse. 

I agree with njhorseman-- if parking is an important part of the equation here then I would look at what he recommended in NJ. If you are fine with the parking price at the terminal then I would say with a little bit of hunting around you can find a much nicer place to stay in Manhattan for nearly the same money they are charging. 

OP, what is your exact date for the Bliss - if you don't mind sharing ?  Any specific plans on the bucket list for sightseeing, after an 8 hour+ drive coming from Ottawa - down the NYS Thruway ??  Or, just looking for a good, clean & comfortable place to stay near/in NYC (or, nearby ??)

Being on a weekend night - parking overnight at a nearby commercial lot isn't going to cost as much.  There are Marriott & Sheraton branded properties with pretty good rates, from what I can see - mostly, superior to the Skyline with its Facility Fees.  I second the recommendation to look at Fort Lee/Edgewater in NJ, just across the Hudson River - a quick ride or ferry across, depending on the parking options you are most comfortable with vis-a-vis doing rooftop parking at the pier.  If it is for Saturday night stay only, with late afternoon or evening arrival - look at Financial Districts/downtown Manhattan ... some of the major hotel brands often has great deals & rates on weekends ... most do not charge a resort or facility fee, some has hot buffet breakfast included.  Overnight parking in that area should run you $25 to $35 overnight at most, unless you are in a SUV, minivan or other "oversized" vehicle ... with a surcharge.  Actually, after 6 or 7 pm on weekends, free on-street parking good for overnight can be found, maybe 2 or 3 city blocks away in/around the financial districts.  

Otherwise, there are hotels up in Westchester County, less than 30 to 45 minutes drive down the Henry Hudson Parkway (after getting off I-87 / NYS Thruway ...) that are probably suitable for a good night sleep, free parking & surely, places for breakfast (if not included or extra $$).