Pool Towel Charges

bala1130

I've never had a problem with charges only my statement for pool towels not turned in.  But if you do have charges at the end of your cruise can you get them removed by going to Guest Services with a story, or is Royal firm on these charges?  There must be families out there with teenages who leave them behind when they are done at the pool.  I've always wondered this...

58 minutes ago, bala1130 said:

I've never had a problem with charges only my statement for pool towels not turned in.  But if you do have charges at the end of your cruise can you get them removed by going to Guest Services with a story, or is Royal firm on these charges?  There must be families out there with teenages who leave them behind when they are done at the pool.  I've always wondered this...

Then the charges would be justified. End of story!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Is it correct suites don’t get charged?

Yes that is.

When we have sailed on the Allure and Oasis the towels were in our cabin or on the balcony chair (CLS). Replaced daily.

Never had to get in line to get them.

When we sailed the Mariner, Freedom and Explorer, the towels were in our bathroom, we were just told to turn in at pool and they would replace daily (GS).

We turned them in at pool, but did not have to wait in line to scan our sea pass cards.

Never kept track of them on all our suite cruises.

Safe travels.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Our last few RC cruises the pool towel attendant wasn't scanning Seapass cards on sea days. Just handing them out. 

Hit and miss. Done B2B2B, one week scan and note on door to turn back in at end first Cruise. Second Leg scanned them out, didnt when turned in and no note. Third no scan during Cruise. Got off Serenade today, scan and note last day. Hundreds rushing down turn in their Towels after Dinner

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, bala1130 said:

Thay have alays removed the charges for us, both before the end of the cruise and after we got home.

About suites, it depends on the ship and the level.

We normally cruise in a GS on Grandeur.  We do not have pool towels in the room and we do have to have the card swiped for the towels.

And last cruise, we kept them for most of the last day, and got the notice to turn them in or be charged.

On Harmony last month I was charged for two towels when I had only borrowed one towel the whole cruise (and turned it back in with my SetSail scanned).  Of course the charge didn't post to my account until the morning of debarkation, but thankfully there was no line at Guest Services once debarkation started.  They reversed the charges without issue.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We usually have a grand suite but have a junior suite on Ovation coming up ,just wondering if there’s a change in junior suite?

We had a Junior Suite on Symphony and, while we didn’t have towels waiting for us in the cabin, we didn’t have to scan our card to check them out. As soon as they saw the card, the just asked how many towels. 

13 hours ago, bala1130 said:

To directly answer your question, yes, you can get the charges removed.  If by "story" you mean telling the truth, then sure. If by "story" you mean making up something because you failed to turn in your towels, well I guess that's up to you.  Simply turn them in and you won't have to worry.   If you have teenagers that fail to turn them in, drag the teen down with you to GS and make him or her stand in line with you and explain to GS why the towel charge should be removed.   Then next time they'll be more aware of the consequences. 

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

That is not always the case. And I suspect you know that. It is no different from the old cabin mini bar charges.

Sorry, I should have said "if you simply turn them in and have a towel charge, you go to GS and tell them truthfully that you turned them in and the charges will be removed." My reference to "turn them in and you won't have a problem" was more referring to the OP's comment "can you get them removed by going to Guest Services with a story, "  Having to have "a story" indicated that the OP was possibly not going to  turn the towels in for whatever reason.  Otherwise, no "story" necessary. 

4 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

If you have teenagers that fail to turn them in, drag the teen down with you to GS and make him or her stand in line with you and explain to GS why the towel charge should be removed.   Then next time they'll be more aware of the consequences. 

This sounds like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver".

They are on a cruise, give them some slack...

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yes that is.

When we have sailed on the Allure and Oasis the towels were in our cabin or on the balcony chair (CLS). Replaced daily.

Never had to get in line to get them.

When we sailed the Mariner, Freedom and Explorer, the towels were in our bathroom, we were just told to turn in at pool and they would replace daily (GS).

We turned them in at pool, but did not have to wait in line to scan our sea pass cards.

Never kept track of them on all our suite cruises.

Safe travels.

^ This towel protocol was what I experienced as well, in a GS on Grandeur in 2014.  I was hoping it would still be done this way for us on our Grandeur cruise next year (OS). 

But this:

5 hours ago, SRF said:

About suites, it depends on the ship and the level.

We normally cruise in a GS on Grandeur.  We do not have pool towels in the room and we do have to have the card swiped for the towels.

And last cruise, we kept them for most of the last day, and got the notice to turn them in or be charged.

...is disappointing to hear and dashes my hopes.:classic_sad:  It may sound silly, but I enjoyed the whole 'hassle-free-ness' of that little suite perk and will be a little saddened to not have it any more.

25 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

They are on a cruise, give them some slack

That's just the beginning...  Give them an inch, they'll take a foot.  One of the problems with some people these days is not being taught that they need to be accountable for their actions.  An adult has to be accountable for their actions all the time, why teach a teen that it's OK not to be because they're on vacation?  It'll only carry over to their adulthood.

• Like 4