Semi-Live Silhouette review - Nov 8 2019 sailing

DebInAntigua

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Just curious. .What did you order there? 

Dh allergic to most seafood..and I don't eat it uncooked.

Do they still have crepes or paninis for bunch?

Hi had a shrimp appetizer (good) and a mussel entree that wasn’t very good.  Jeff had the mahi-mahi  tacos as an appy and lobster roll.  There were chicken wings, a club sandwich with turkey and ham, chicken paella but no burger.  I’m not sure you and hubby would be happy there.

Edited by Oville

Hi Deb.  If you have a moment to check your in-room tv, could you possibly answer a question for me?   Are there still free in-room movies and if so is it just one or two, or more like five or six?  We sill be sailing on the Silhouette in Feb 2020 and our teenage son has Down Syndrome; having a movie to watch every couple of days will be offer some nice, quiet down-time for him for a bit.  Much appreciated if you can help to answer this.

Really enjoying your review!!!  😊

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Hi had a shrimp appetizer (good) and a mussel entree that wasn’t very good.  Jeff had the mahi-mahi  tacos as an appy and lobster roll.  There were chicken wings, a club sandwich with turkey and ham, chicken paella but no burger.  I’m not sure you and hubby would be happy there.

I think you are correct,.. not booked on Silhouette but hope to in the future.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I am doing Maya Chan Beach in February. It has amazing reviews on here and Trip Advisor.

We did Maya Chan last August, great relaxed beach day. People are Uber friendly, food was excellent, drinks free flowing and beach isolated and quiet.

There were issues all summer along the east facing Caribbean beaches with mounds of seaweed. This meant that the beach wasn’t the most attractive, but they were working hard to keep it clear and it didn’t smell. Not sure what the seaweed situation is now.

MC also has a small shady pool, good for families.

24 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

A friend recently on Silhouette told me that the burgers available on the ship were half the size that they had on past cruises. As a new cruiser on Celebrity I've been reading about cuts in portions and wonder if the burgers are part of the cuts.

People can always order two. I think we’ve all see a lot of food wasted on cruises, especially at the buffets where some people actually get numerous plates of full portions, taste it, throw half or more away.

I love slider size burgers since you can have a side, dessert, etc without feeling totally overstuffed.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

11 minutes ago, CeeeKr said:

No... separate position.

Thanks for the reply (and yours Oville). I didn't know there was such a position as suite manager, but we've only been in Sky Suites, so maybe this job has to do with the higher end suites.

In December 2016, there was an outstanding concierge in Michael's named Sylvia who was a true concierge and member of Les Clefs d'or. She had to be the most organized and effective cruise line employee I've ever met.

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Thanks for the reply (and yours Oville). I didn't know there was such a position as suite manager, but we've only been in Sky Suites, so maybe this job has to do with the higher end suites.

In December 2016, there was an outstanding concierge in Michael's named Sylvia who was a true concierge and member of Les Clefs d'or. She had to be the most organized and effective cruise line employee I've ever met.

We are in a Royal Suite and not heard of or from a Suite Manager.  I’ll ask at Luminae tonight.  If one exists he/she is quite unimpressive.

I think of a Suites Manager as like a subcategory of management that answers to the Hotel Director of the ship.  Therefore, the suites manager wouldn't necessarily interact with the suite guests directly unless there is an issue that the butler or concierge can't address.  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, rlbeck said:

We were on the TA from Southampton. Bethany M. was scheduled to be the CD, but was replaced by Alejandro T. due to a medical issue. Sue Denning was on holiday and joined the ship as scheduled. Alejandro did a fantastic job on such short notice.....  The tree is dead. LOL..... I was on the  ship for fifteen days and 'that' never even came to mind as an issue. 

Was Alejandro going back to Constellation?

10 hours ago, Oville said:

We are in a Royal Suite and not heard of or from a Suite Manager.  I’ll ask at Luminae tonight.  If one exists he/she is quite unimpressive.

In addition to the MC Concierge there is definitely a suite manager on your cruise.  That position supervises the butler team in addition to supervising the MC concierge.  Some are very "hands on" while others can be somewhat in the shadows unless they have to deal with an issue.

Deb

What are you doing in between  your return on  Silho and  the embarkation on EDGE Friday..  Seems they are requesting a  late arrival time for EDGE guests due to the Coast Guard Inspection! 

Are you planning to meet up for the Sailaway at Subset Bar after the drill? Looking forward to meeting you...

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

In addition to the MC Concierge there is definitely a suite manager on your cruise.  That position supervises the butler team in addition to supervising the MC concierge.  Some are very "hands on" while others can be somewhat in the shadows unless they have to deal with an issue.

Thanks