Unable to post to roll call

I have tried for a couple days to post to the Crown Princess, June 13, 2020 roll call and there is no place to do it.  I successfully posted to another cruise roll call, however,  I also posted a comment to a board.  There is only one roll call posting to this date, so I am wondering if there is a problem. When I went to the Cruise Ports section of the website, I was able to post there.  I just can post to the roll call.  Please advise.

Actually, if you had browsed through the thread titles in the Crown Princess Roll Calls forum you would have seen there were two Roll Call threads for the same sail date. The one listed in the Roll Call finder tool with only one post had been closed due to being a duplicate. I reopened that thread and merged it with the other thread that has many, many posts. The newly merged thread is titled June 13 2020 14 Day Europe-North Cape at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2678997-june-13-2020-14-day-europe-north-cape/.

I hope this information will be satisfactory!

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

@1025cruise

True, but in this case the member was going to the thread via the finder tool. Note the thread where they were redirected to had been closed as a duplicate thread on the Roll Call forum. Therefore, the system would not allow them to use Reply to this topic to post on that closed thread. That's why the thread had to be re-opened in order to be merged with the other thread that was not in the finder tool. And since the merge, the correct merged thread is available from the finder tool when anyone clicks View Discussion  and Reply to this topic works. Also the member recently located and posted on the newly merged thread.

All is well now! emo34.gif 

Thanks Kat.

I've seen previous people posting that they didn't know how to start a new thread on a roll call, not "aware" that its just a single thread.

Now, what do we need to do to get rid of the links to the broken Find your Roll Call tool that keeps fooling people into locating locked roll calls, or not finding them at all?

You are most welcome!

Yes, you are so right about new members that may have never used any sort of message board. The concept and terms used here can be very confusing. And if they never see & read How To: Start a New Topic and How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote, they are handicapped until someone as kind as you lets them know how it works. And even those of us that have been here a long time are still having problems these days after the switch from vBulletin to Invision software. Problems such as the new terms "topic" vs. "thread" and "follow" vs. "subscribe" as well as all the "how to" ways of doing things with your account options now allowed by Invision. Remember "the good old vBulletin days" when we easily used User CP or Quick Links?

I was told October 21, 2019 by CC Help Michell that the Roll Call finder tool was picking up and populating as it should. However it was showing the member count as 0 for most cruises as well as much other information being incorrect. CC Help Jenn and her team was working on that glitch as well as others. As an indexing and search tool, it has been working normally for a while. As for the other information... not so much. Jenn is holding off on a formal announcement in case it is not fixed as much as hoped.

In this particular and not normal case, when the other Host was dealing with the duplicate Roll Call threads for the same sail date, the first step was skipped. They needed to first check to see if one of the two threads was showing when the Roll Call finder tool was used. If one was showing, then they should have merged to that thread so the finder tool would continue redirecting to the correct Roll Call thread for that sail date. Instead, they just closed the one with only one post and left the other one that had numerous posts. And since the other one was NOT the one in the finder tool... TA daaa! Houston... we have a problem! emo3.gif