Maybe somewhat live from the Seaside 11/9

G-DawgMN

Hello!

My wife and I will be jumping on the Seaside today. This is the "Will Ocean Cay be open cruise!"   It will be our first for MSC. I will post as I'm able during the cruise but it may wait until we get back. 

We are staying in a plain old Fantastica Inside room with the drinks on us package. We also purchased spa passes to make up for the lack of a balcony. 

Right now we are sitting in the Novotel in Miami, we got a great corner room. I will post more when we get to the ship. 

20191109_081819.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Security and check in was quick. It took about thirty minutes from car to seating. We waited about 10 minutes for security to open. 

MSC gets points for having sparkling water and pineapple juice in the waiting area. 

20191109_110248.jpg

• Like 2

Jealous.  You will have a fantastic cruise.  Beautiful ship, great shows, great food.  I really look forward to hearing about OC and hopefully see pictures.  If you could post some photos of the cabanas on OC I would greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, Rob-Bob said:

Jealous.  You will have a fantastic cruise.  Beautiful ship, great shows, great food.  I really look forward to hearing about OC and hopefully see pictures.  If you could post some photos of the cabanas on OC I would greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy.

They haven't said anything yet but I do notice a $50 on board credit on my account. 

The cruise planner on the app now shows Nassau as our day 7 stop. 

Edited by KSSS2013
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:11 PM, WannaCruise365 said:

Thank you for posting! Love the Seaside. Is your cabin a HC? If so, what cabin if you don’t mind. Thank you, enjoy your cruise. 

It is 15177. It is a Fantastica room. Other floors this is a handicap room. 

• Like 1

Night one dinner. The mahi mahi was amazing (wife had it) All the other food was just fair, I had the lamb which was really thin and fatty.  There's 2 of us but we are assigned an 8 top. Are table mates are fine but we should have gone back and asked for a 2 top. 

Elegant night was last night. No pictures. Someone had the ravioli and wasn't impressed. Looked like it had fake crab in it. I had the duck which was really fatty but not too bad. The beef tornados looked like the best bet. 

20191109_195040.jpg

20191109_195034.jpg

20191109_193959.jpg

20191109_200600.jpg

20191109_200554.jpg

20191109_193713.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jeeper2 said:

Thank you for the update! I’m hoping the food selection improves for you! That’s not a great start. 🙁

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR has been great. We also have enjoyed the buffet, but the crowds can get overwhelming. Dinner has been the weak point. We did butchers cut last night though and it was amazing. 

• Like 1

So last night we did a last minute booking at Butchers Cut. We didn't feel like the buffet or with sitting with other people. 

I ordered the caviar, but they were out, so they offered me the ossetra for a discount, it was a great choice. 

My wife and I both had the filet and it was excellent. Perfectly cooked with a great crust. 

20191111_210640.jpg

20191111_210516.jpg

20191111_205208.jpg

• Like 1

Had breakfast in the MDR this AM. It was just ok. I had eggs Benedict and it seemed a bit dry. The poached eggs were a bit overdone, but it came quickly and hot. My wife's waffles and scrambled eggs were food though. 

Also took a shot of the self serve beverage areas at the back of the buffet. Where else can you self dispense wine and beer. The beer is a 7oz. Pour, but just swipe your card again and you get can more. 

The last picture was my hack for the bright do not disturb light in the room. Folded paper with a band aid to hold it. Not perfect but it makes it a lot dimmer.  

20191112_083512.jpg

20191112_082349.jpg

20191112_082347.jpg

20191112_081858.jpg

20191112_080257.jpg

Edited by KSSS2013
Clarification
  • Like 1

Thank you for the photos. I don't remember the self-serve wine station when we were on the Seaside, but what a great idea! Like the hack for the DND light, my wife can't sleep if there's a bright light on so we may have to try that.

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you for the photos. I don't remember the self-serve wine station when we were on the Seaside, but what a great idea! Like the hack for the DND light, my wife can't sleep if there's a bright light on so we may have to try that.

It's on the back of deck 8 at the center. There is a soda station also. 

• Like 1