Go Pro for dummies??

Jenner9

So we bought a Go Pro a few years ago and have yet to really use it. We want to bring it on our upcoming cruise and I have really no idea what I am doing! LOL! Does anyone have some pointers for beginners? Can I take shorter clips and string them together? Any other helpful tips?

The GoPro is good for sightseeing more than up close videos.  The good news is that it is pretty easy to use.  Look for some YouTube videos.

The following link is a combination of photos and GoPro videos from our Danube River cruise.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:41 AM, Jenner9 said:

So we bought a Go Pro a few years ago and have yet to really use it. We want to bring it on our upcoming cruise and I have really no idea what I am doing! LOL! Does anyone have some pointers for beginners? Can I take shorter clips and string them together? Any other helpful tips?

Which model do you have?

They're fairly straight forward to use if you stay away from any protune settings until you understand what they do. GoPro cameras aren't great in low-light situations, so they wouldn't necessarily be a good camera for vlogging, but they would be an excellent choice for shooting at a Caribbean beach in bright sunlight.

If you need any help, just let me know. i've been using them since about 2012 and I'm one of the senior members of r/GoPro on Reddit.