Silver Boxes

besberry

I'm off on my first Silversea cruise in February on Silver Galapagos.  When can I expect my silver box?  Also, when do excursions become avaialable online?  As it's an expedition, I don't even know if they'll ever be online, to be honest.

Received an email from UPS that a package from our TA is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Can’t imagine it’s not our Silver Box.   That will be about 70 days before our cruise.   Mrs K thinks that will be about the earliest we’ve ever received our Silver Box.   Granted all but one of our eight Silversea cruises has been booked through a TA so there’s always the built in delay between when Silversea sends the box to our TA and our TA turns around and forwards it to us.  

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, I bet it is the box because I know you said you are sailing directly after me...…...I got mine last week.

Just one more step closer to the cruise!  Have to say we turned our backs on the mass market lines about the time they petty much collectively gave up mailed documents.   Don’t get me wrong, mailed documents or not had no influence on why we quit the bigger lines.  One cruise by happen chance on the Silver Wind from every aspect was more than enough.  The Silver Box was retrospectively the cherry on the top.

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, I bet it is the box because I know you said you are sailing directly after me...…...I got mine last week.

Got our Silver Box today from our TA.  Nice rebate check included too.   👍😀

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone gets one.

Box 100 days out.

Ticket 50 days out.

(But only if you've completed your on line check in on My Silversea)

Silver coloured cardboard box contains luggage tag, luggage labels, and travel journal.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Everyone gets one.

Box 100 days out.

Ticket 50 days out.

(But only if you've completed your on line check in on My Silversea)

Silver coloured cardboard box contains luggage tag, luggage labels, and travel journal.

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.  My consultant called a couple of weeks back and asked if it had arrived.  It hadn't!  She said she'd check and since then, silence!

9 hours ago, tiggertom said:

Can you tell me what the Silver Box is and what it contains please, sounds very intriguing, and will we get one as newcomers?

Honestly, it’s no big deal.  In it you’ll find:

1. A plastic card with your name on the front and lined blank space on the back to write your address and attach to your luggage;
  2. Paper tags for you to write your name and suite #; and
  3. A grey travel journal that takes all of the information available online and presents it in a little book.  It includes your cruise details, itinerary, a synopsis of each day and offered excursions, what to expect from life onboard the ship, and general travel information.

Whether you receive one is dependent on whether your booking agent remembers to forward it to you.  For example, our next voyage departs in 4-weeks and we haven’t received the silver box.  But, we do have a PDF file of our ticket and ultimately, that is all one needs.  I guarantee you, SS will have plenty of luggage tags for your use at the port when you arrive.

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

SS will have plenty of luggage tags for your use at the port when you arrive.

Wow, did they print extra for all of the suitcases you're bringing? 🤣

You can always borrow some of ours if you need extras. We're just down the hall from you. 

OP: this is what a silver box looks like:

20191127_184916.thumb.jpg.4c8ca1ee3c73433701849cc937bfb009.jpg

Edited by jpalbny

11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Whether you receive one is dependent on whether your booking agent remembers to forward it to you.  For example, our next voyage departs in 4-weeks and we haven’t received the silver box.  

I believe we are on the same cruise and I've had mine since October.  

I agree it isn't really a big deal.  I just like it as a reminder the cruise is happening.  The week mine arrived had been a challenging one so it was nice to arrive home to a "brighten my day"

It was different in the "Olden Days" when it came in a much bigger box and with a few other bits n bobs"

21 hours ago, besberry said:

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.

The only thing I can suggest is to double check that you've completed everything under 'Guest Info' on My Silversea and that you've checked the three boxes for "Travel Docs', Terms & Conditions', and 'Passage Contract'.

Otherwise, apart from being lost in transit, I can't guess why you haven't received it.

At 50 days you can go to 'Documents' on My Silversea and if that shows your 'Cruise Ticket' available for download, at least you'll know you're getting on the ship, just download and print it.

21 hours ago, besberry said:

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.  My consultant called a couple of weeks back and asked if it had arrived.  It hadn't!  She said she'd check and since then, silence!

We are also 70 days out and waiting. In the past it normally arrives in the U.K. around 2 months out, but this time it might get caught up in the Christmas post.

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

The only thing I can suggest is to double check that you've completed everything under 'Guest Info' on My Silversea and that you've checked the three boxes for "Travel Docs', Terms & Conditions', and 'Passage Contract'.

Otherwise, apart from being lost in transit, I can't guess why you haven't received it.

At 50 days you can go to 'Documents' on My Silversea and if that shows your 'Cruise Ticket' available for download, at least you'll know you're getting on the ship, just download and print it.

Everything is complete.  But. having said that, I can't find the three boxes to tick!

11 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

I believe we are on the same cruise and I've had mine since October.  

I agree it isn't really a big deal.  I just like it as a reminder the cruise is happening.  The week mine arrived had been a challenging one so it was nice to arrive home to a "brighten my day"

It was different in the "Olden Days" when it came in a much bigger box and with a few other bits n bobs"

This is exciting to learn MrsWaldo!  I do hope we’ll have the chance to meet while on board.  You might enjoy seeing some of the posts for our sailing over in the Roll Call section if you’re interested.

I know exactly what you mean.  In our house, we always like to receive the silver box.  It brings a welcome bit of excitement that our voyage is almost here.

33 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

This is exciting to learn MrsWaldo!  I do hope we’ll have the chance to meet while on board.  You might enjoy seeing some of the posts for our sailing over in the Roll Call section if you’re interested.

I know exactly what you mean.  In our house, we always like to receive the silver box.  It brings a welcome bit of excitement that our voyage is almost here.

Dang Nope, wrong cruise.

Someone on here is on our Syd-Syd cruise but I cant work out who it is.

I do wish I was doing Antarctica again!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

Dang Nope, wrong cruise.

Someone on here is on our Syd-Syd cruise but I cant work out who it is.

I do wish I was doing Antarctica again!

If it is Jan. 3rd leaving Sydney on the MUSE we will be on board after spending NYE in Sydney.