Transportation from Pier to LAX Airport

habsfan4ever

Good day CC family, tried searching forum, probably not doing something properly, but here’s my question. Looking for any tidbits from actual users, on the Carnival Service that provides transportation from Long Beach pier to LAX. 

Our flight is an international one departing at 1:15 PM so we just make the criteria for this service. The Panorama arrival is 9:00 AM

There were only 3 reviews on Carnival’s web site, no date stamps ?

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Probably as other transfers go, its a bus. Once the bus is full, you head to the airport.

I would check out the West Coast Departures board for alternative transportation, probably can save you some money.

West coast Departure, 😀thanks for the thread

I used the Carnival shuttle to get to LAX after my Inspiration cruise, and I had a good experience.  When you book it (under "shore excursions"), you pick the shuttle time.  Your ship arrives at 9:00 AM, and you need to be in LAX 3 to 4 hours before flight departure, it being an international flight.  You're kind of cutting it close with the schedule, but if you book the 9:30 AM shuttle, you should be mostly fine.  Make sure to allow enough time for all Customs and TSA checkpoints.

I don't know strict Customs is in Port of Long Beach.  I got lucky: my total time talking to the officer was about 15 seconds, and that was as a solo, who tend to be scrutinized more heavily.  YMMV.

5 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I used the Carnival shuttle to get to LAX after my Inspiration cruise, and I had a good experience.  When you book it (under "shore excursions"), you pick the shuttle time.  Your ship arrives at 9:00 AM, and you need to be in LAX 3 to 4 hours before flight departure, it being an international flight.  You're kind of cutting it close with the schedule, but if you book the 9:30 AM shuttle, you should be mostly fine.  Make sure to allow enough time for all Customs and TSA checkpoints.

I don't know strict Customs is in Port of Long Beach.  I got lucky: my total time talking to the officer was about 15 seconds, and that was as a solo, who tend to be scrutinized more heavily.  YMMV.

How many shuttles are there, and at what times?

9 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

How many shuttles are there, and at what times?

It depends on the arrival time of the ship.  My ship arrived at 7:00 AM.  There were 6 shuttles, every half hour from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM.  The shuttle webpage warns you that your flight must be at 11:00 AM or later, otherwise you might miss it.  You gotta pick the shuttle time when you book it, but you can probably change it at the Shore Excursion desk onboard.

With a 1:15 PM flight, coming to LAX 3 hours prior at 10:15 AM, and a time buffer for Customs, the OP's best bet is to book the earliest shuttle available.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01