Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

On 11/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Retreat pool area 

Our cabins (2/1/20 sailing) are across the hall from the Retreat Pool, port side, and it looks beautiful (and quiet?).  Our cabin is next door to my sister and BIL.  We sailed together on Royal a few years ago, and the balcony situation was wonderful.  The wall between the two balconies could be opened completely to make one large full balcony.  We were on Island early this year, and the only thing between the two balconies was a Hobbit door to scrunch through.  Since Sky is a Royal Class ship, we're hoping for the big-balcony thing again.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 12:28 AM, sbaker said:

Are there self-laundry facilities on the ship?

According to the Deck Plans, there's a self-serve laundromat on the decks with cabins.  But maybe one of the current cruisers can verify.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:59 AM, Astro Flyer said:

The lack of promoting drinks in the MDR is an improvement...no offering wine tastings

Thank Heaven!  So annoying ...!  We did one wine tasting, and what a scam.

(Concur:  Maui no ka oi.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecs66 said:

Our cabins (2/1/20 sailing) are across the hall from the Retreat Pool, port side, and it looks beautiful (and quiet?).  Our cabin is next door to my sister and BIL.  We sailed together on Royal a few years ago, and the balcony situation was wonderful.  The wall between the two balconies could be opened completely to make one large full balcony.  We were on Island early this year, and the only thing between the two balconies was a Hobbit door to scrunch through.  Since Sky is a Royal Class ship, we're hoping for the big-balcony thing again.

They appear to be large doors.

The entire thing swings open.

534E6482-4757-4DE1-9435-23DE9040589B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, Astro Flyer said:

A couple of changes from my previous Princess cruises:  no Baked Alaska parade (dessert was available) and no nightly selling of an after dinner alcoholic drink.

No Baked Alaska parade last year on the Island either.

Ecs66,

there are Self serve laundries in the 600’s on each deck with cabins except Lido. 

3 washers, 3 dryers and 2-3 irons.  You can purchase tokens for the machines as well as soap, softener unless you bring your own from home.  I believe it is still $3 per wash and $3 per dry

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Ecs66,

there are Self serve laundries in the 600’s on each deck with cabins except Lido. 

3 washers, 3 dryers and 2-3 irons.  You can purchase tokens for the machines as well as soap, softener unless you bring your own from home.  I believe it is still $3 per wash and $3 per dry

Right.  We use them ALL the time and we're able to pack lighter.  It's one of the things I love about Princess that I haven't noticed when looking at NCL's site, and there were none on the one Celebrity cruise we took.  It would be nice if they had a couple of chairs, but I guess you can't have everything.  It's hard to keep checking on the wash/dry status  if your cabin is far fore.  I've dealt with it in the past, chugging back and forth, but will be on a cane next cruise so it'll be a little more unfriendly.  A chair would be nice.  (I'm not whining, just observing.)   😃

21 hours ago, HughMann said:

Onboard for the 12/1 Sky inaugural!

IMG_20191201_160910.jpg

HughMann;  thanks for posting this.  I have this suite reserved for my cruise next year;  if you find time to post more pics here; that would be nice.  Have a wonderful cruise

6 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

HughMann;  thanks for posting this.  I have this suite reserved for my cruise next year;  if you find time to post more pics here; that would be nice.  Have a wonderful cruise

It'd be my pleasure. The cabin is amazing! Any questions, I'll try to answer.

IMG_20191202_121942.jpg

IMG_20191202_122006.jpg

IMG_20191202_122029.jpg

IMG_20191202_122048.jpg

• Like 1