Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

On 11/11/2019 at 12:31 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Take 5 lounge........
Versus Club 6 on Royal/Regal it is configured a little differently. 
Same long shape but a tad wider and more of a rectangle shape. Seems to be more open with a little less of compartmentalized. (Is that really a word?)
Photos are a little dark.

Looking forward to your review. It's been awhile.

So I understand that Princess will be bringing back Crooner's. Will Take 5 be a nice substitute on the Sky?

Marty

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In our sideways interior cabin there appears to be more sockets (2-US; 3-Europe) plus a USB port on both nightstand lights.

F06713E4-B93C-42EB-A35A-93167F3C4DE3.jpeg

Nice to see the USB ports. It will be easier to keep the phones charged.

Marty

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Keith, have you seen Jovie bartending around The Sky at all?  I know she was talking about going there and I'm so hoping to see her again. 

Hope the weather has cleared up for you.

She is in the Vista for PSE.

Told her you guys were coming.

FF4E7727-CE83-401F-B31F-8135048B8352.jpeg

• Like 1

Appreciate all the pics...we will be boarding on 7 Dec...getting pretty excited.

How is the new layout around the pools?  the addition of the extra hot tubs on the sun deck?  hoping the design alleviates some of the chair hogs from grabbing everything!  LOL!  Wishful thinking.

17 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Appreciate all the pics...we will be boarding on 7 Dec...getting pretty excited.

How is the new layout around the pools?  the addition of the extra hot tubs on the sun deck?  hoping the design alleviates some of the chair hogs from grabbing everything!  LOL!  Wishful thinking.

Have not been up on the Sun Deck yet. Today all day wind gusting 30 to 40! 
I would say wind chill of 40.

I love those big cushion sofas on either side of the pool. Really comfortable!

5061BC40-2E69-4FE6-8EA6-50ADE8FFB385.jpeg

D63F9532-F789-400E-8B53-4E59B55446EB.jpeg

DF633820-DDE3-405D-9E4D-F4020E38DC2E.jpeg

23FF9F47-F5AE-4BF2-8472-501B6310B5A9.jpeg

F85EC5BE-F8C9-4464-B4F5-FD385EE14CB9.jpeg

8F6F3D14-2AE0-4EB9-A5ED-6F83AA5F47AD.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I also liked the revised Trattoria menu...fried calamari & the Burrata with tomatoes are back. 👍

I think there were 7 pasta options (got the 3 pastas sampler) and got the dessert sampler with all 4 options. 

I’ve never been to Sabatini’s before and just checked out their menu.  It looks REALLY good!  I’m going to have to try this too!  I hope they can accommodate my DH no salt restriction.  The main dining room and Crown Grill have always been accommodating with that. 

What a contrast in ship size!  We did the Regal one month and the Pacific the next but surprisingly, the size difference didn't bother us.

AstroFlyer - Thanks for the pics of the outlets at the desk area (assuming that's where it was).  I like to bring a European plug too so I have more outlets to use.  

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today in Genoa were the big & the small ships of Princess docked together...Sky & Pacific.

E532117C-A5B7-4F34-B4CE-0E014FF28CAE.jpeg

We are on the Sky in May and the Pacific in October so I showed this to my husband.  He said "well let's cancel the tugboat then".  He always did have a weird sense of humor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

We are on the Sky in May and the Pacific in October so I showed this to my husband.  He said "well let's cancel the tugboat then".  He always did have a weird sense of humor!

Thanks for the pic!  Did not realize the difference in size....  

We are on the Sky in March and the Pacific in November.   Looking forward to both, especially the one on the Pacific as it is going to be in French Polynesia!

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No they are not onboard. They have no idea if/when they will arrive.

Given that they'd have problems with them during heightened hygiene protocols … aka Noro issues … then if they were going to get them I would suspect they may be rethinking them.  The Sky has already had one issue with a Noro outbreak.  On other ships I have been on, when this happens they completely shut down the self-serve drink areas.  I was really surprised that the cruise lines were even thinking of bringing them onboard.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

@Colo Cruiser - some discussion on our roll call(s) about where SKY will be on 12/1 - do you happen to know which terminal you are scheduled to arrive at and time ?

Being a brand new ship with full Medallion and its first visit to Port Everglades, I would bet bottom dollar it will be Pier 2.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In our sideways interior cabin there appears to be more sockets (2-US; 3-Europe) plus a USB port on both nightstand lights.

F06713E4-B93C-42EB-A35A-93167F3C4DE3.jpeg

CA8FC309-B999-4F5B-8857-14DA2A4085B6.jpeg

74BA3521-C5C4-4260-9DE7-6716B54621B4.jpeg

I forgot you were on this sailing!  Hope you are having the greatest of times and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks for adding to the pictures of the Sky.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, rdsqrl said:

Wow, I wonder how early you have to get up to score one of those 3 aft-facing loungers in the pool area!  You might have to sleep out there . . .

Bon voyage, Colo!  Looking forward, in a low-key kinda way, to more. 

I was thinking the same as you as soon as I seen those loungers. LOL 😂 

Tony