Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

3 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

For anyone on board:

Could you tell me if the blow dryer is the same one that has been on every ship forever???  They are not strong enough to dry my hair so I usually bring one, but would love to be able to leave it home!!!

Thanks so much - so glad everyone is having a great time.

D9756FE5-CC44-41DC-AC28-235E98FA18C6.jpeg

BC187DDA-BCA3-4F0C-B6C0-0DB9D239032D.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Tonight Showtime with Princess 2019 Entertainer of the year Phillip Browne.

I seldom remember entertainers' names but Phillip Browne was on our Sapphire Princess cruise this summer. He is a fantastic entertainer with an incredible voice and great personality and I"m not surprised he was chosen as Entertainer of the Year.  You (and your fellow passengers) are in for a treat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Also the only main dining room menus are at the aft end of the buffet...none at the MDR dining rooms & none at Sabatini’s.  The MDRs change daily & even though the specialty restaurants don’t change not everyone carries their phone to view the menu.

As always, thanks Astro Flyer for your comments.  I may be misinterpreting your comment; but, are the daily MDR Menus now listed on the intranet website or Ocean Medallion phone apps?

Thanks, and Safe Journeys.  Paul

2 minutes ago, pjrockman said:

As always, thanks Astro Flyer for your comments.  I may be misinterpreting your comment; but, are the daily MDR Menus now listed on the intranet website or Ocean Medallion phone apps?

Thanks, and Safe Journeys.  Paul

The MDR menus are not on the intranet nor on the MedallionClass app and the only printed copies are displayed at the aft end of the buffet...they're no longer displayed at the dining rooms entrances.

• Like 1

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

The MDR menus are not on the intranet nor on the MedallionClass app and the only printed copies are displayed at the aft end of the buffet...they're no longer displayed at the dining rooms entrances.

Thanks, Astro.  Wishful thinking!  Enjoy.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Thanks much for the review and pictures! We are looking forward to seeing Sky for ourselves next year! 

We are wondering about one thing - if you happen to wander by please we'd appreciate some info.  

One of our favourite places on Royal and Regal is the seating area by the pool just forward of the buffet - the cushy chairs and tables under the overhang.  

On Sky's deckplans I see they've moved the Seaview Bar to that spot (but not renamed it "pool view" or "wall-view" depending which side you are sitting on! 🙄 ) (I love sitting at the Seaview bar looking out at the Sea!). 

So, are there any cushy chairs and tables anywhere up there similar to that on Royal and Regal?   (  I've seen the photos of the couches with cushions - I know about those.  )

And is the Seaview bar one sided or two sided?   

Thanks and have a great rest of your cruise!

Thank you so much for your time on this thread.  We have been following it since we will be on it in January. 

The one question we have is the Princess Theater, How has the entertainment been?, and How early do you have to get to the theater to get a seat at the first showing?.

Thanks again for your time.

According to the Port Everglades Terminal Assignment listing, Sky Princess will be at Terminal #2 and will depart at 10:00 PM on December 1st.  It will also use Terminal #2 on the December 4th cruise.

I suspect it will always use Terminal #2 if there are no major conflicts.

40 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

Thank you so much for your time on this thread.  We have been following it since we will be on it in January. 

The one question we have is the Princess Theater, How has the entertainment been?, and How early do you have to get to the theater to get a seat at the first showing?.

Thanks again for your time.

The entertainment has been pretty good. 
I hear some who don’t like Rock Opera.

You have to get to the theater at least 30 plus minutes early. They have been packed. 
Early show is usually 7:30.

• Like 1

Thank you, Colo Cruiser, and everyone else who’s on the Sky giving us an insider’s look before we get to enjoy the ship in person. 

Odd request 😀...can anyone who’s currently on the Sky in either an inside or a balcony/balcony deluxe cabin please give me a guesstimate of the length of the clothing rod inside the closet? Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

Where are the retreat cabanas  located and the price per day. Not the sanctuary cabanas. Thanks

They are on the deck overlooking the retreat pool which also has hot tubs.

Look at my photos on page 6 you can see part of the cabanas and part of the arbor over them from the pool below
I posted the price which is at the Sanctuary entrance on the desk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

Can you tell me if the cabin fridge is cold enough to keep white wine chilled? I am thinking of taking two bottles but I think the fridge is known to be not very cold.  Thanks a lot for all the info.

Our interior sideways cabin fridge keeps our drinks nicely chilled.  It’s under the desk’s countertop & the storage shelf normally above the fridge is over drawers so that area doesn’t get warm.

• Like 1