Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hi Joe...for us the sideways interior cabin is much better than the standard configuration.

The desk is at least twice the width & there are plenty of shelves & drawers.  Between the bed & the nightstands is 10” for more space.

Just don’t get a quad cabin which as you can see from this photo of a quad on turnaround day it’s not desirable for someone of average height so nothing you'd want to have without wearing a helmet. ☺️

E495EC60-17A7-4F7E-973D-30F97A86A7B5.jpeg

Thank you!! We were able to switch to a sideways quad today for our upcoming cruise. (There are 3 of us.)

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

90FBC9A1-456E-4DA7-878C-7EB5BF77D0ED.jpeg

Interesting that they are putting those cards in the slots now.  We usually fold over one of the cardboard ads that we receive and stick it in there.  Obviously the card is a much better solution, especially since you can't fit a Medallion in that slot!

Edited by azbirdmom

27 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting that they are putting those cards in the slots now.  We usually fold over one of the cardboard ads that we receive and stick it in there.  Obviously the card is a much better solution, especially since you can't fit a Medallion in that slot!

I find it strange that a Medallion built ship had these slots installed.  

Was the right hand not talking to the left?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CastleRockCruiser said:

Well, the Port Everglades website currently shows both the Sky and the Regal at Terminal 2 on the Dec 1.  Obviously, they cannot both be at T2. Hopefully, Sky will get priority because she's the new ship. 

image.png.2caf5398404ce8f4a2e231d74d030063.png

There is no chance in the universe that the Regal will have priority over the Sky for Pier 2 this cruise season...Pier 2 is Princess' premier terminal, fully equipped with Medallion technology.  Their newest ship will ALWAYS have priority.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

I find it strange that a Medallion built ship had these slots installed.  

Was the right hand not talking to the left?

Normally you were to use you ship room key card. So when you leave you would take it with you and the lights would shut off. Now no more. The problem previously. If you walked out and forgot to take you room key. You locked yourself out. I would think the door locks once you enter your room. maybe you need to walk a bit into the room before it will lock. What about late sleepers. Does that info now show on the screen outside of the room?

Hi Keith,

If memory serves me right, on the Royal the Retreat Pool had steps that went directly into the water. From your photos, it looks like the only way in is by using the ladder or lowering yourself in off the side. Or am I just not seeing a good angle?

You sure have had some really crazy weather for this cruise. I hope it improves for you soon.

Talk later.

57 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Hi Keith,

If memory serves me right, on the Royal the Retreat Pool had steps that went directly into the water. From your photos, it looks like the only way in is by using the ladder or lowering yourself in off the side. Or am I just not seeing a good angle?

You sure have had some really crazy weather for this cruise. I hope it improves for you soon.

Talk later.

Yeah Joe I am only seeing the ladder.

I think there was some discussion on this on the Dides live from the Sky in late October.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Normally you were to use you ship room key card. So when you leave you would take it with you and the lights would shut off. Now no more. 

But as Princess keeps repeating - Sky is the first ship built for Medallion from the beginning.  So why would they install card slots at all given the ship was designed and built to NOT use cards ??!!   That is what I'm wondering about.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

But as Princess keeps repeating - Sky is the first ship built for Medallion from the beginning.  So why would they install card slots at all given the ship was designed and built to NOT use cards ??!!   That is what I'm wondering about.  

I agree. Makes no sense to me either. The Medallion should turn the lights on and off when entering and leaving.

• Like 1